Development of technology for the production of Turkish delight from melon crops on a natural base
Keywords:Turkish delight, fruits of watermelons and melons, organoleptic analysis, quality indicators, nutritional value
The reason for the current work is the lack of technology to produce food from the fruits of melon crops, namely oriental sweets like soft sweets, based on processed overripe fruits of melon crops of domestic growth.
The rationale for the need for this research work was the demand for the creation of technology for the manufacture of food, a high percentage of unsold substandard melons and watermelons. As well as the lack of the possibility of processing melon crops near the areas of cultivation and manufacturing sweet products at small and medium-sized enterprises. The development of technology to produce sweet meals will have a positive impact on the expansion of the scope of use of the fruits of melon crops.
The absence of an established mechanism for processing and marketing overripe fruits brings great losses. In this regard, the issue of finding solutions to new ways of selling melon crops is relevant.
The study revealed the possibility of producing Turkish delight from the fruits of watermelon and melon. At the same time, Turkish delight from the pulp of watermelon was more stable than that from melon. The developed oriental sweet product based on the pulp of watermelon outperforms the control sample in all the studied indicators. The mass fraction of fat in the developed product is 0.26 %, which is 0.13 % more than that in raw materials. The mass fraction of protein increased by 0.53 %. In Turkish delight based on watermelon, the carbohydrate content increased by 3.7 times, by 15.1 %. The content of ascorbic acid in watermelon Turkish delight is slightly less, by 7.22 mg/100 g, than that in melon. The developed Turkish delight was stored both under room and refrigeration conditions, the shelf life was 5 days and 21 days, respectively
- Strany po proizvodstvu dyni. Available at: https://www.atlasbig.com/ru/страны-по-производству-дыни
- Mahmadjanov, S. (2016). Efficient growing of medium ripping melons. Manas Journal of Agriculture and Life Science, 6 (1), 51–55. Available at: https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/article-file/576758
- Reestr predpriyatiy Respubliki Kazakhstan. Available at: http://reestr.curs.kz/ru/branch/?PAGEN_1=816&SIZEN_1=20
- Nazymbekova, A., Medvedkov, E., Tlevlesova, D., Kairbayeva, A. (2020). The study of the pulp of watermelon. Bulletin of Shakarim University. Technical Sciences, 4, 25–28. Available at: https://kaz44.elpub.ru/jour/article/view/101/102
- Sannikova, T. A., Machulkina, V. A. (2016). Tekhnologiya prigotovleniya dyni marinovannoy. Oroshaemoe zemledelie, 4, 19–20. Available at: http://www.vniioz.ru/orz/orz10_16.pdf
- Khanzharov, N. S., Abdizhapparova, B. T., Khamitova, B. M. (2019). Obtaining melon and watermelon concentrates. The Journal of Almaty Technological University, 1, 47–52. Available at: https://www.vestnik-atu.kz/jour/article/view/151/154
- Tlevlessova, D., Azimova, S., Uikassova, Z. (2020). Assessment of the quality and safety of the developed melon jelly marmalade. Vestnik Universiteta Shakarima, 2, 92–95. Available at: http://rmebrk.kz/journals/6033/75631.pdf
- Maoto, M. M., Beswa, D., Jideani, A. I. O. (2019). Watermelon as a potential fruit snack. International Journal of Food Properties, 22 (1), 355–370. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10942912.2019.1584212
- Kulazhanov, T., Baibolova, L., Shaprov, M., Tlevlessova, D., Admaeva, A., Kairbayeva, A. et. al. (2021). Means of mechanization and technologies for melons processing. Kharkiv: РС ТЕСHNOLOGY СЕNTЕR, 188. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/978-617-7319-39-8
- Rajauria, G., Tiwari, B. K. (Eds.) (2018). Extraction, Composition, Quality and Analysis. Academic Press. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/c2014-0-02764-5
- Kantureyeva, G. O., Saparbekova, A. A., Urazbayeva, K. A., Mamitova, A. D., Mailybayeva, E. U. (2014). Influence of various yeast strains on quality of fermented watermelon juice. Advances in current natural sciences, 12, 39–42. Available at: https://natural-sciences.ru/ru/article/view?id=34482
- Öztürk Oruç, S., Çakir, İ. (2019). A research on production of fermented watermelon juice by probiotic culture. GIDA / THE JOURNAL OF FOOD, 6, 1030–1041. doi: https://doi.org/10.15237/gida.gd19124
- Begum, T., Islam, Z. K., Rana Siddiki, M. S., Habib, R., Rashid, H. U. (2019). Preparation of Fermented Beverage from Whey-Based Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) Juice. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research, 38 (04). doi: https://doi.org/10.18805/ajdfr.dr-150
- Rico, X., Gullón, B., Yáñez, R. (2020). Environmentally Friendly Hydrothermal Processing of Melon by-Products for the Recovery of Bioactive Pectic-Oligosaccharides. Foods, 9 (11), 1702. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/foods9111702
- Peter-Ikechukwu, A. I., Ogazi, C. G., Uzoukwu, A. E., Kabuo, N. O., Chukwu, M. N. (2020). Proximate Compositions and Functional Properties of Composite Flour Produced with Date Fruit Pulp, Toasted Watermelon Seed and Wheat. Journal of Food Chemistry & Nanotechnology, 06 (03). doi: https://doi.org/10.17756/jfcn.2020-097
- Batu, A., Molla, E. (2008). Lokum Üretiminde Kullanılan Katkı Maddeleri. Gıda Teknolojileri Elektronik Dergisi, 1, 33–36. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260365626_Lokum_Uretiminde_Kullanilan_Katki_Maddeleri
- Batu, A., Arslan, A. (2014). Biochemical and sensory evaluations of Turkish delight (lokum) enriched with black grape and sour cherry syrups. TURKISH JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY, 38, 561–569. doi: https://doi.org/10.3906/tar-1303-80
- Dereli, Z., Şevik, R., Batu, A., Gök, V. (2014). Effects of Modified Atmosphere Packaging on Shelf Life of Turkish Delight (Lokum). Journal of Food Protection, 77 (10), 1799–1803. doi: https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028x.jfp-14-119
- Batu, A., Kirmaci, B. (2014). Lokum Üretimi ve Sorunları. Teknolojđk araştirmalar, 37–49. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/262807694_Lokum_Uretimi_ve_Sorunlari
- İpek, D., Zorba, N. N. (2014). Effects of process stages on Turkish delight/lokum microbiological quality. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 49 (9), 2061–2066. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/ijfs.12514
- Kaya, S., Tattan, G. Ö. (2017). Thermal and Textural Changes of Turkish Delight with Storage Relative Humidity. Journal of Food Science and Engineering, 7 (4). doi: https://doi.org/10.17265/2159-5828/2017.04.002
- Hayoğlu, İ., Başyiğit, B., Dirik, A. (2017). Tane nar ilaveli lokum üretimi ve vakum ambalajlamanin raf ömrü üzerine etkisi. GIDA / THE JOURNAL OF FOOD, 42 (5), 553–560. doi: https://doi.org/10.15237/gida.gd17023
- Batu, A., Batu, H. S. (2018). Türk Tatlı Kültüründe Türk Lokumunun Yeri (The Place of Turkish Delight (Lokum) in Turkish Sweet Culture). Journal of Tourism and Gastronomy Studies, 4 (1), 42–52. doi: https://doi.org/10.21325/jotags.2016.5
- Podgornova, N. M., Petrov, S. M., Petryanina, T. A. (2017). Isomaltulose, an innovative low-glycemic carbohydrate sweetener. Khranenie i pererabotka sel'khozsyr'ya, 11, 14–20. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/izomaltuloza-innovatsionnyy-nizkoglikemicheskiy-uglevodnyy-podslastitel/viewer
- Hadjikinova, R., Hasan, Y. (2022). Isomaltulose as an alternative to sucrose in the composition of Turkish delight (lokum). BIO Web of Conferences, 45, 01007. doi: https://doi.org/10.1051/bioconf/20224501007
- Arbuz. Wikipedia. Available at: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%90%D1%80%D0%B1%D1%83%D0%B7
- Erenova, B. E., Pronina, Yu. G. (2020). Progressivnaya tekhnologiya funktsional'nykh produktov dlitel'nogo khraneniya na osnove dyni. Almaty, 278.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Yelena Petrenko, Dinara Tlevlessova, Laila Syzdykova, Gaukhar Kuzembayeva, Karlygash Abdiyeva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.