Devising preventive actions in the production of broiler chickens using ultraviolet radiation for long-term storage based on risk analysis
Keywords:production risks, poultry meat, ultraviolet treatment, shelf life, food safet, broiler chickens
The development of local poultry farming and import substitution are the main solutions to ensuring the safety of products in any state. For the effective development of poultry farming, it is necessary to overcome one of the constraining factors ‒ the insufficiency of a modern safety monitoring system throughout the food chain. Especially in the development of the system of deep processing of poultry meat ‒ starting from pre-slaughter keeping, cutting, preparation of semi-finished products, etc. In this regard, the current study has considered the effect of treatment with ultraviolet radiation under a non-stationary mode at such a control-critical point as the process of pre-slaughter aging in the production of broiler chickens. Additionally, this study was conducted in order to reduce the risks of increasing microbiological hazards at the production stage. As a result of the study, intermediate production control was established, and it was proved that in order to increase the shelf life of chilled meat of broiler chickens, it is advisable to sterilize with UV radiation in doses of 200 mJ/cm to 254 mJ/cm. A reduction in the risks of reproduction of potentially pathogenic microflora in poultry meat has been achieved at a cooling temperature of the carcass from +2 °C to +25 °C for no more than 135 days of risk. Research into the microbiological indicators of slaughter products of broiler chickens makes it possible to conclude that it is possible to use a given treatment in order to improve the quality and safety of finished products. Additionally, studying the effect of ultraviolet radiation on the inactivation of a number of microorganisms is very important for reducing pathogenic microbiological indicators in intermediate production control. The data reported here make it possible to prolong the period of sale and storage of the resulting product
- Koronavirus v Kazakhstane. Available at: https://index.minfin.com.ua/reference/coronavirus/geography/kazakhstan/
- Uazhanova, R., Tungyshbaeva, U., Kazhymurat, A., Mannino, S. (2018). Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Implementing Control Systems in the Increasing of Food Safety. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, 10, 649–656. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=38685389
- Kazhymurat, A., Uazhanova, R., Tlevlesova, D., Zhexenbay, N., Tungyshbayeva, U., Mannino, S. (2021). Optimization of the HACCP safety control system for collagen hydrolysate production by implementing the FMEA model. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2 (11 (110)), 50–60. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.230318
- Tungyshbayeva, U., Mannino, S., Uazhanova, R., Adilbekov, M. A., Yakiyayeva, M. A., Kazhymurat, A. (2021). Development of a methodology for determining the critical limits of the critical control points of the production of bakery products in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 3 (11 (111)), 57–69. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.234969
- Guschin, V. V., Rusanova, G. E., Riza-Zade, N. I. (2013). Problemy bezopasnosti ptitseproduktov i puti ee resheniya. Ptitsa i ptitseprodukty, 2, 44–49.
- Guschin, V. V., Rusanova, G. E., Riza-Zade, N. I. (2014). Mirovye tendentsii razvitiya tekhniki i tekhnologii pri proizvodstve produktov iz myasa ptitsy. Ptitsa i ptitseprodukty, 2, 20.
- Rekomendatsii po primeneniyu ul'trafioletovogo izlucheniya v zhivotnovodstve i ptitsevodstve (1979). Moscow: Kolos, 32.
- Musina, O. N., Konovalov, K. L. (2016). Food Raw Materials and Food Products Radiation Treatment. Pischevaya promyshlennost', 8, 46–49. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/radiatsionnaya-obrabotka-ioniziruyuschim-izlucheniem-prodovolstvennogo-syrya-i-pischevyh-produktov
- Kachanova, E. O., Guravchuk, E. V., Zaremskaya, A. A. (2019). Effect of radiation by ultraviolet amalham lamps on the number of litter mites. Theory and practice of parasitic disease control, 20, 252–257. doi: https://doi.org/10.31016/978-5-9902340-8-6.2019.20.252-257
- Safiullin, R. T., Titova, T. G., Nurtdinova, T. A. (2017). Complex program against the coccidiosis of birds to reduce the circulation of resistant forms of Eimeria spp. on the poultry ground. Russian Journal of Parasitology, 41 (3), 288–298.
- Sisin, E. I. (2016). Sravnivaem tekhnologii obezzarazhivaniya vozdukha v meditsinskikh organizatsiyakh. Sanepidkontrol'. Okhrana truda, 2, 75–83.
- Roque, K., Lim, G.-D., Jo, J.-H., Shin, K.-M., Song, E.-S., Gautam, R. et. al. (2016). Epizootiological characteristics of viable bacteria and fungi in indoor air from porcine, chicken, or bovine husbandry confinement buildings. Journal of Veterinary Science, 17 (4), 531. doi: https://doi.org/10.4142/jvs.2016.17.4.531
- Kolesnikov, R. O. (2017). Razrabotka innovatsionnogo ustroystva dlya formirovaniya biologicheskoy bezopasnosti obektov veterinarnogo nadzora. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v sel'skom khozyaystve, veterinarii i pischevoy promyshlennosti: materialy 82-y Mezhdunarodniy nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya «Agrarnaya nauka – Severo-Kavkazskomu federal'nomu okrugu». Vol. 2. Stavropol', 260–269.
- Zhuravchuk, E. V., Saleeva, I. P. (2019). Vliyanie otkrytogo UF obluchatelya s amal'gamnoy lampoy na produktivnost' tsyplyat-broylerov. Ptitsa i ptitseprodukty, 4, 46–49.
- Pinyaskina, E. V. (2011). Reaktiviruyuschee i protektornoe deystvie krasnogo sveta na drozhzhevye kletki, inaktivirovannye UF-izlucheniem. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk, 13 (1 (5)), 1137–1139.
- Mateyeva, A., Uazhanova, R., Saranov, I. et. al. (2017). Justification and development of the method for differentiation of "frozen-thawed" cycles of fish based on differential scanning calorimetry. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 12 (13), 3387–3394. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319662993_Justification_and_development_of_the_method_for_differentiation_of_frozen-thawed_cycles_of_fish_based_on_differential_scanning_calorimetry
- Shalginbayev, D. B., Uazhanova, R. U., Antipova, L. V., Baibatyrov, T. A. (2020). Study of Sensory Characteristics of Poultry Meat Obtained With the Use of Modern Stunning Technology. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 994 (1), 012015. doi: https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/994/1/012015
- Kolokolova, A. Y., Ilyuhina, N. V., Trishkaneva, M. V., Korolev, A. A. (2020). The effect of combining microwave and ultraviolet methods of plant materials processing on Salmonella culture inhibition. Proceedings of the Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies, 82 (1), 76–81. doi: https://doi.org/10.20914/2310-1202-2020-1-76-81
- Timakova, R. T. (2018). Radiotechnology Appliance and Identification of the Irradiate Poultry Meat. Food Industry, 3 (2). doi: https://doi.org/10.29141/2500-1922-2018-3-2-8
- Sohaib, M., Anjum, F. M., Arshad, M. S., Rahman, U. U. (2015). Postharvest intervention technologies for safety enhancement of meat and meat based products; a critical review. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 53 (1), 19–30. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-015-1985-y
- Timakova, R. T., Tikhonov, S. L., Tikhonova, N. V., Gorlov, I. F. (2018). Effect of various doses of ionizing radiation on the safety of meat semi-finished products. Foods and Raw Materials, 6 (1), 120–127. doi: https://doi.org/10.21603/2308-4057-2018-1-120-127
- Soglia, F., Silva, A. K., Lião, L. M., Laghi, L., Petracci, M. (2019). Effect of broiler breast abnormality and freezing on meat quality and metabolites assessed by 1 H-NMR spectroscopy. Poultry Science, 98 (12), 7139–7150. doi: https://doi.org/10.3382/ps/pez514
- Lukashenko, V. S., Lysenko, M. A., Stollyar, T. A., Kavtarashvili, A. Sh. et. al. (2013). Metodika provedeniya anatomicheskoy razdelki tushek, organolepticheskoy otsenki kachestva myasa i yaits sel'skokhozyaystvennoy ptitsy. Sergiev Posad: VNITIP, 35.
- Vasil'ev, A. I., Kostyuchenko, S. V., Yakimenko, V. V. (2016). Primenenie bakteritsidnogo UF-izlucheniya dlya obezzarazhivaniya vozdukha i poverkhnostey v pomescheniyakh. Hi+MED Vysokie tekhnologii v meditsine. Available at: https://himedtech.ru/articles/primenenie-bakteritsidnogo-uf-izlucheniya-dlya-obezzarazhivaniya-vozdukha-i-poverkhnostey-v-pomeshch.html
- Chisch, T. V., Kozmin, G. V., Polyackova, L. P., Melnickova, T. V. (2011). Radiation treatment as a technology accepting for food safety. Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii estestvennykh nauk, 4, 44–49.
- Bobyleva, G. A. (2016). Zadacha ptitsevodcheskoy otrasli – realizatsiya doktriny prodovol'stvennoy bezopasnosti Rossiyskoy Federatsii. Ptitsa i ptitseprodukty, 5, 6–8.
- Sperber, W. H. (2005). HACCP does not work from Farm to Table. Food Control, 16 (6), 511–514. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2003.10.013
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Ulbala Tungyshbayeva, Raushangul Uazhanova, Kamilya Tyutebayeva, Desislav Balev
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.