Development of apparatus for frying semi-finished meat cut
Keywords:frying apparatus, heat supply, chopped semi-finished meat products, film-type electric heater
A model of the apparatus for frying chopped semi-finished meat products has been designed, which is distinguished by the technique of heat supply by replacing metal-intensive and inertial heaters with inertia-free ones with a uniform distribution of the temperature field by a film resistive electric heater of radiative type. For condensing juice-containing vapors in functionally closed media, plate coil liquid coolers with Peltier elements are used. At the temperature of the heating surfaces of 180 °C, the cold side of the Peltier element provides a coolant temperature of up to 10 °C. The proposed solution could improve the competitiveness of the device, which is explained by the established technical and operational indicators.
The improved device over 300 s provides a temperature in the center of a product of 90 °C, and on surface layers ‒ 130 °C, which characterizes the culinary readiness of meat products. When making samples conventionally, the surface layer warms up to 120 °C, and the central layer – to 72 °C, at the temperature of the contact surface of 160 °C over 180 s with crust formation. In addition, the difference between the opposite layers of the control sample is 85 °C, which confirms the uneven heating during frying in the conventional way, which is explained by the need to use auxiliary operations for turning the product. The heating time to operating temperature was reduced by 88.6 %, specific heat consumption was decreased by 43.0, and productivity by 14.8 %, with full culinary readiness of products, compared with the conventional device.
The increase in the resource efficiency of the apparatus for frying meat products was confirmed, which is achieved by the implementation of the proposed design and hardware solutions to ensure the competitiveness of the apparatus that will make it possible to prepare original meat products
- Tendentsiyi rozvytku rynku miasnykh napivfabrykativ. Available at: https://koloro.ua/ua/blog/issledovaniya/tendencii-razvitiya-rynka-myasnyh-polufabrikatov.html
- Govindasamy, K., Banerjee, B. B., Milton, A. A. P., Katiyar, R., Meitei, S. (2018). Meat-based ethnic delicacies of Meghalaya state in Eastern Himalaya: preparation methods and significance. Journal of Ethnic Foods, 5 (4), 267–271. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352618118300817
- Sgroi, F. (2021). Food traditions and consumer preferences for cured meats: Role of information in geographical indications. International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science, 25, 100386. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgfs.2021.100386
- Cherevko, O. I. et. al. (2017) Innovatsiyni tekhnolohiyi kharchovoi produktsiyi funktsionalnoho pryznachennia. Ch. 2. Kharkiv: Kharkivskyi. derzh. univ. kharchuv. i torhivli, 592. Available at: http://dspace.puet.edu.ua/handle/123456789/8491
- Zahorulko, A., Cherevko, O., Zagorulko, A., Yancheva, M., Budnyk, N., Nakonechna, Y. et. al. (2021). Design of an apparatus for low-temperature processing of meat delicacies. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (11 (113)), 6–12. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2021.240675
- McBey, D., Watts, D., Johnstone, A. M. (2019). Nudging, formulating new products, and the lifecourse: A qualitative assessment of the viability of three methods for reducing Scottish meat consumption for health, ethical, and environmental reasons. Appetite, 142, 104349. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appet.2019.104349
- Altenburg, D., Spruyt, A. (2022). Predicting meat consumption from concurrent, automatic appraisals: Introducing nuance to product appraisals. Appetite, 170, 105847. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appet.2021.105847
- Daugaard, S. B., Adler-Nissen, J., Carstensen, J. M. (2010). New vision technology for multidimensional quality monitoring of continuous frying of meat. Food Control, 21 (5), 626–632. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2009.09.007
- Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Yancheva, M., Serik, M., Sabadash, S., Savchenko-Pererva, M. (2019). Development of the plant for low-temperature treatment of meat products using ir-radiation. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1 (11 (97)), 17–22. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.154950
- Abdel-Naeem, H. H. S., Sallam, K. I., Zaki, H. M. B. A. (2021). Effect of different cooking methods of rabbit meat on topographical changes, physicochemical characteristics, fatty acids profile, microbial quality and sensory attributes. Meat Science, 181, 108612. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2021.108612
- Sosa-Morales, M. E., Orzuna-Espíritu, R., Vélez-Ruiz, J. F. (2006). Mass, thermal and quality aspects of deep-fat frying of pork meat. Journal of Food Engineering, 77 (3), 731–738. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2005.07.033
- Barbut, S. (2013). Frying – Effect of coating on crust microstructure, color, and texture of lean meat portions. Meat Science, 93 (2), 269–274. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2012.09.006
- Rocca-Poliméni, R., Zárate Vilet, N., Roux, S., Bailleul, J.-L., Broyart, B. (2019). Continuous measurement of contact heat flux during minced meat grilling. Journal of Food Engineering, 242, 163–171. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2018.08.032
- Ramos-Diaz, J. M., Kantanen, K., Edelmann, J. M., Jouppila, K., Sontag-Strohm, T., Piironen, V. (2022). Functionality of oat fiber concentrate and faba bean protein concentrate in plant-based substitutes for minced meat. Current Research in Food Science, 5, 858–867. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crfs.2022.04.010
- Mykhailov, V., Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Liashenko, B., Dudnyk, S. (2021). Method for producing fruit paste using innovative equipment. Acta Innovations, 39, 15–21. doi: https://doi.org/10.32933/actainnovations.39.2
- Zahorulko, A., Zagorulko, A., Yancheva, M., Ponomarenko, N., Tesliuk, H., Silchenko, E. et. al. (2020). Increasing the efficiency of heat and mass exchange in an improved rotary film evaporator for concentration of fruit-and-berry puree. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (8 (108)), 32–38. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.218695
- Cherevko, A., Kiptelaya, L., Mikhaylov, V., Zagorulko, A., Zagorulko, A. (2015). Development of energy-efficient ir dryer for plant raw materials. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (8 (76)), 36–41. doi: https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2015.47777
- Liao, M., He, Z., Jiang, C., Fan, X., Li, Y., Qi, F. (2018). A three-dimensional model for thermoelectric generator and the influence of Peltier effect on the performance and heat transfer. Applied Thermal Engineering, 133, 493–500. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2018.01.080
- Sovremennaya tekhnologiya okhlazhdeniya elementom Pel't'e. Available at: https://algimed.com/pdf/binder/kb400/2013_02_wp_Peltier_RU.pdf
- Zahorulko, A. M., Zahorulko, O. Ye. (2021). Pat. No. 149981 UA. Plivkopodibnyi rezystyvnyi elektronahrivach vyprominiuvalnoho typu. No. u202102839; declareted: 28.05.2021; published: 23.12.2021, Bul. No. 51. Available at: https://base.uipv.org/searchINV/search.php?action=viewdetails&IdClaim=279806
- Skovoroda Elektrychna Frost SESM-0,2. Available at: https://kuhart.com/ua/teplovoe-oborudovanie/elektroskovorody/Skovoroda-elektricheskaya-Frost-SESM-0%2C2/
- Babanov, I., Mikhaylov, V., Shevchenko, A., Mikhaylova, S. (2018). Perspective of roasting method of culinary products with electro-contact heat treatment. Food Industry, 23, 62–66. doi: https://doi.org/10.24263/2225-2916-2018-23-11
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Andrii Zahorulko, Aleksey Zagorulko, Bogdan Liashenko, Valeriy Mikhaylov, Nina Budnyk, Alla Kainash, Mariana Bondar, Oksana Skoromna, Eldar Ibaiev
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.