Studies of solubility of dicarboxilic acid mixtures in organic solvents
Keywords:purification, vanadium, copper, adipic, glutaric, succinic, solubility, acetone, hexane, ethyl acetate
Analysis of literary sources has resulted in the choice of the most perspective types of organic solvents for a technology of purifying mixtures of lower dicarboxylic acids from copper and vanadium compounds. We have obtained experimental data on the solubility of mixtures of lower dicarboxylic acids in acetone, ethyl acetate, and hexane. We have processed the data statistically and suggested a semi-empirical equation of solubility versus temperature. The calculated equation coefficients allowed determining the dependence of the dielectric constant of the studied solvents. The obtained data permit calculating the solubility of mixtures of lower dicarboxylic acids in a wide range of temperatures for other solvents by their physical and chemical properties. Comparing solution properties with the technological process conditions has shown that acetone (or other lower ketones) is an optimal solvent for purifying mixtures of lower dicarboxylic acids from copper and vanadium compounds.
- Chen, Y. S., Zhou, Y. M., Wang, X. (2005). Market status and development trend of adipic acid, Leather Chemicals, 22 (5), 18–20.
- Musser, M. T. (2000). Adipic Acid. Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry. doi: 10.1002/14356007.a01_269
- Syire i poluproduktyi dlya lakokrasochnyih materialov (1978). Spravochnoe posobie pod red. Goldberga, 474.
- Patent USA № US 4105856, C07С 69/34.
- Stephen, H., Stephen, T. (1979). Solubility of Inorganic and Organic Compounds. Pergamon Press, 451.
- Weiwei, S., Peisheng, M., Lihua, F., Zhengle, X. (2007). Solubility of Glutaric Acid in Cyclohexanone, Cyclohexanol, Their Five Mixtures and Acetic Acid. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, 15 (2), 228–232. doi: 10.1016/s1004-9541(07)60063-9
- Gaivoronskii, A. N., Granzhan, V. A. (2005). Solubility of Adipic Acid in Organic Solvents and Water. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 78 (3), 404–408. doi: 10.1007/s11167-005-0305-0
- Dongwei, W., Wenjiang, C. (2009). Solubility of Adipic Acid in Acetone, Chloroform, and Toluene. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data, 54 (1), 152–153. doi: 10.1021/je8006887
- Qiushuo, Y., Simon, B., Hongyuan, W. (2009). Solubility of Butanedioic Acid in Different Solvents at Temperatures between 283 K and 333 K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data, 54 (7), 2123–2125. doi: 10.1021/je900021g
- Hu, Y.-H., Chen, Z.-G., Yang, W.-G., Shi, Y., Sun, H.-L., Li, Y.-L. (2013). Solubility of Succinic Acid in Ethanol Plus Water Systems from 278.15 K to 333.15 K. Journal of Solution Chemistry, 42 (1), 102–110. doi: 10.1007/s10953-012-9951-z
- Vaysberg, A. (1950). Organicheskie rastvoriteli. Fizicheskie svoystva i metodyi ochischeniya. Moscow: izd-vo spravochnoy literaturyi, 518.
- Yanyan, L., Yatao, W., Zhuoyuan, N., Jianfang, C., Qiaoye, W., Xunqiu, W. (2014). Solubilities of Adipic Acid and Succinic Acid in a Glutaric Acid and Acetone or n-Butanol Mixture. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data, 59 (12), 4062–4069. doi: 10.1021/je500682v
- Zhu, J. Q., Yu, Y. S., He, C. H. (1998). Application of λh equation in mixed solvents. J. Chem. Eng. Chinese Univ., 12 (4), 319–324.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Александр Васильевич Присяжный, Павел Анатольевич Козуб, Лидия Анатольевна Катковникова, Светлана Николаевна Козуб
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.