Application of information characteristics in models of driver’s perception of road conditions
Keywords:information theory, road conditions, transfer function, perception, driver, impulse function
Further development of the information theory in the model of driver’s perception of road conditions was proposed. It is assumed that there is a definite dynamic relationship between the relative organization of the driver’s perception field and the relative organization of the driver’s interaction with the environment, which in turn is determined by the variability of motion speeds. Therefore, the first step in the analysis is developing a dynamic model of the influence of the relative organization of the driver’s perception field on motion speeds.
Therefore, the process of directional formation of the motion medium by regulating the motion speeds is considered in the proposed model as a dynamic process of changing the relative organization of the driver’s perception field. For this purpose, the transfer function of the driver, in which the function of the relative organization of the driver’s perception field is an input characteristic and the speed change – an output parameter is used. Conversion of the transfer function is carried out on the assumption that the driver’s reaction to a periodic change in the relative organization of the driver’s perception field can be represented as a sequence of rectangular pulses. The transfer function is solved using the Laplace transform.
- Gray, R. M. (2011). Entropy and Information Theory. Springer, 409. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4419-7970-4
- Marek, J., Sten, T. (1977).Traffic environment and the driver. Driver behavior and training in international perspective. Springfield: Thomas, 248.
- Csiszar, I., Katona G., Tardos, G. (Eds.) (2007). Entropy, Search, Complexity. Springer, 264.
- Cover, Т. М., Thomas, J. A. (2006). Elements of Information Theory. Wiley-interscience, 748.
- Gavrilov, E. V., Gridchin, A. M., Rauhen, V. N. (1998). Systematic design of roads: the manual. Belgorod: Publishing house of the DIA, Part 1, 138.
- Kovalenko, L. A. (2003). Throughput Estimation two-lane highways with regard to the behaviour of drivers. Kiev: NTU, 20.
- Krespо, Н. (1991). The Planning of measures to improve the level of convenience of traffic on two-lane highways. Kharkov: HADI, 278.
- Sarksyan, M. V. (2003). Doskonalenia methods psychologiczna I primatologia regulowany of Shvidkoy movement on avtomobilnyj roads. Kharkov: HADI, 20.
- Golovanenko, N. C. (1986). Assessment of the ergonomic quality of roads and traffic conditions. Kharkov: HADI, 25.
- Förster, G. Self-regulating system (1964). Moscow: Mir, 5–23.
- Shannon, K. (1963). Work on information theory in Cybernetics. Moscow: Publishing house of foreign literature, 830.
- Ashbу, W. R. (1957). An Introduction to Cybernetics London: Chapman & Hall, 295.
- Eliasmith, C., Anderson, C. H. (2002). Neural Engineering: Computation, Representation, and Dynamics in Neurobiological Systems. The MIT Press, 326.
- Polyak, B. T. (2009). Research on automatic control theory. Probl. Upr., 3.1, 13–18.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2015 Надежда Ивановна Кульбашная, Ирина Эдуардовна Линник
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.