Treatment of liver abscesses
Keywords:liver abscess, puncture, aspiration, drainage, resection
AbstractThe analysis of treatment of 244 patients with single bacterial abscesses of liver in 1998–2018 was performed. The puncture-drainage and resection methods were used. Minimally invasive treatment methods are considered as highly effective. Resections in most cases were used as reserve methods, but quite often were accompanied by lower number of postoperative complications and hospital stay. During treatment, abdominal complications occurred in 39 (16.0 %) patients and 12 (4.9 %) patients died. The causes of failures in most cases were associated with inefficient starting method of treatment for each patient. A basis of successful treatment of single liver abscesses is the differentiated approach considering origin, sizes, localization and stage of abscess formation. According to this, surgical management should be escalating which consists in timely transition to resection methods in case of failure of minimally invasive interventions.
Йоффе И.В. Печеночная недостаточность у больных при холангиогенных абсцессах печени / И.В. Йоффе, К.А. Линев // Клінічна хірургія. — 2010. — № 2. — С. 5-7.
Ліньов К.О. Порівняльна оцінка методів хірургічного лікування абсцесів печінки: Автореф. дис… канд. мед. наук / К.О. Ліньов. — Харків, 2011. — 19 с.
Ахаладзе Г.Г. Ключевые вопросы хирургического лечения абсцессов печени / Ахаладзе Г.Г. // Анналы хирургической гепатологии. — 2012. — Т. 17, № 1. — С. 53-59.
Глушков Н.И. Возможности ультрасонографии в диагностике и лечении непаразитарных кист и абсцессов печени / Глушков Н.И., Скородумов А.В., Пахмутова Ю.А. // Вестник хирургии. — 2009. — Т. 168, № 3. — С. 76-78.
Малоинвазивное лечение бактериальных абсцессов печени / Хацко В.В., Кузьменко А.Е., Зубов А.Д. и др. // Анналы хирургической гепатологии. — 2008. — Т. 13, № 3. — С. 144.
Chen S.C. Comparison of pyogenic liver abscesses of biliary and cryptogenic origin / Chen S.C., Yen C.H., Tsao S.M. // Swiss. Med. Weekly. — 2005. — Vol. 135. — P. 344-351.
Черезшкірна пункція як метод лікування абсцесів та кіст печінки / Баб’як Т.Є., Жемела В.Г., Довгань Ю.П., Павловський М.П. // Клінічна хірургія. — 2007. — № 2–3. — С. 52.
Copyright (c) 2018 UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.