Structural analysis of morphometric and morphofunctional state of immunocompetent blood cells in case of purulent inflammatory diseases of soft tissues on the background of type 2 diabetes
Keywords:type 2 diabetes, purulent inflammatory diseases of soft tissues, immunogenesis, cytomorphometry, cytohistochemistry, immunocompetent blood cells
Background. According to the research results, patients with type 2 diabetes have steady changes in various parts of the immune system: cellular, humoral, phagocytic activity. Hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, insulin resistance, and adaptive hyperinsulinemia affect the cells of the immune system leading to the development of metabolic immunosuppression and forming a stable immunological disorder. The purpose of the research is to study the morphometric and morphofunctional state of peripheral blood leukocytes in patients with type 2 diabetes in order to determine their significance in the development of purulent inflammatory diseases of soft tissues. Materials and methods. In this work, an analysis was carried out of morphometric, cytohistochemical and laboratory findings of the control (20 healthy volunteers) and the main group (47 patients with suppurative soft tissue diseases on the background of type 2 diabetes), with the statistical processing of the obtained data. Results. The study of morphofunctional features of nonspecific and specific defense cells in purulent inflammatory diseases of soft tissues on the background of type 2 diabetes showed that the main cause of diabetic complications are the revealed changes in the bactericidal activity of segmented neutrophils. The trend of white blood cell differential indicators and the distribution curve of mononuclear cells by size, as well as the growth of the lymphocytic-granulocytic index indicate a chronic formation of endotoxins on the background of type 2 diabetes. Conclusions. Lowering the level of cationic neutrophil proteins, the activity of myeloperoxidase and the nitroblue tetrazolium test under stimulation of neutrophil granulocytes by lectins is a sign of unsatisfactory state of the bactericidal cell system, which may be the cause of chronic and acute inflammatory processes in the body that accompany type 2 diabetes leading to a functional exhaustion of the macrophage link of the immune defense.
Луніна Н.В., Степаненко В.В., Коваль С.Б. Функціональний стан моноцитів і деякі механізми його регуляції при розвитку стрес-реакції // Фізіол. журнал. — 2001. — Т. 47, № 4. — С. 30-35.
Лаповець Л.Є., Луцик Б.Д. Посібник з лабораторної імунології. — Львів, 2002. — 173 с.
Мазуров Д.В., Пинегин Б.В., Андронова Т.М. Изучение моноцитов периферической крови человека // Клеточная иммунология. — 2001. — № 3. — С. 21-23.
Савон И.Л. Изменение иммунной системы у больных с диабетической стопой при развитии сепсиса / И.Л. Савон, О.О. Максимов, В.В. Омельченко // Клінічна хірургія. — 2010. — № 13 (Додаток). — С. 32.
Сибірна Н., Барська М., Грищук І. Морфофункціональна характеристика імунокомпетентних клітин за умов цукрового діабету 1 типу // Вісник Львівського університету. — 2004. — Вип. 35. — С. 77-83.
Сибірна Н.О., Барська М.Л. Функціональний стан нейтрофілів при цукровому діабеті 1-го типу // Лаб. діагностика. — 2003. — № 2. — С. 33-37.
Stoika R.S., Kashchak N.I., Lutsik-Kordovsky M.D. et al. In vitro response of phagocytic cells to immunomodulating agents // Med. Sci Monit. — 2001. — Vol. 7, № 4. — P. 652-658.
Stoika R.S., Lutsik M.D., Barska M.L. et al. In vitro studies of activation of phagocytic cells by bioactive peptides // J. of Physiol. and Pharm. — 2002. — Vol. 53, № 4. — P. 675-688.
Brisseau J.M. The mechanism of infection in patients with diabetes mellitus: a review of leukocyte malfunction / Brisseau J.M., Murat A., Raffi F., Ramee J.F., Lucas V. et al. // Surgery. — 2004. — 75(1). — P. 123-8.
Copyright (c) 2018 UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.