The influence of peripheral diabetic sensorimotor neuropathy on the state of cognitive function in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Main Article Content
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Singh R, Kishore L, Kaur N. Diabetic peripheral neuropathy: current perspective and future directions. Pharmacol Res. 2014 Feb;80:21-35. doi: 10.1016/j.phrs.2013.12.005.
Bloemer J, Bhattacharya S, Amin R, Suppiramaniam V. Impaired insulin signaling and mechanisms of memory loss. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2014;121:413-49. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-800101-1.00013-2.
Moreira R, Campos S, Soldera A. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Alzheimer’s Disease: from physiopathology to treatment implications. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2013 Jun 18. doi: 10.1002/dmrr.2442.
Pohanka M. Alzheimer’s Disease and Oxidative Stress: A Review. Curr Med Chem. 2014;21(3):356-64. PMID: 24059239.
Schrag M, Mueller C, Zabel M, Crofton A, Kirsch WM, Ghribi O, Squitti R, Perry G. Oxidative stress in blood in Alzheimer’s disease and mild cognitive impairment: a meta-analysis. Neurobiol Dis. 2013 Nov;59:100-10. doi: 10.1016/j.nbd.2013.07.005.
Umegaki H, Kawamura T, Umemura T, Kawano N. Factors associated with cognitive decline in older adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus during a 6-year observation. Geriatrics Gerontology International. 2015 Mar;15(3):302-10. doi: 10.1111/ggi.12273.
Imamine R, Kawamura T, Umemura T, Umegaki H, Kawano N, Hotta M, Kouchi Y, Hatsuda S, Watarai A, Kanai A, Nakashima E, Sano T, Sakakibara T, Nakamura J, Hotta N. Does cerebral small vessel disease predict future decline of cognitive function in elderly people with type 2 diabetes? Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 2011;94(1):91-9. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2011.06.014.
Molloy DW, Standish TI. A guide to the standardized Mini-Mental State Examination. Int Psychogeriatr. 1997;9(1):87-94. PMID: 9447431.
Pangman V, Sloan J, Guse L. An Examination of Psychometric Properties of the Mini-Mental State Examination and the Standardized Mini-Mental State Examination: Implications for Clinical Practice. Applied Nursing Research. 2000 Nov;13(4):209-13. doi: 10.1053/apnr.2000.9231.
Dubois B, Slachevsky A, Litvan I, Pillon B. The FAB: a frontal assessment battery at bedside. Neurology. 2000;55(11):1621-6. PMID: 11113214.
Kopp B, Rösser N, Tabeling S, Stürenburg H, Haan B, Otto Karnath H, Wessel K. Performance on the Frontal Assessment Battery is sensitive to frontal lobe damage in stroke patients? BMC Neurology. 2013 Nov 16;13:179. doi: 10.1186/1471-2377-13-179.
Lavarone A, Ronga B, Pellegrino L, Loré E, Vitaliano S, Galeone F, Carlomagno S. The Frontal Assessment Battery (FAB): normative data from an Italian sample and performances of patients with Alzheimer’s disease and frontotemporal dementia. Functional Neurology. 2004 Jul-Sep;19(3):191-5. PMID: 15595714.
Agrell B, Dehljn O. The clock-drawing test. Age and Ageing. 1998;27:399-403. doi: 10.1093/ageing/afs149.
Mazzoleni R, Peeters J, Lakaye A, Decock C, Uytdenhoef P, Jacquy J. The five-word test in memory deficiency. Rev Med Brux. 2004;25(5):437-41. (In French). PMID: 15584644.
Cukierman-Yaffe T, Gerstein H, Williamson J, Lazar R, Lovato L, Miller M, Coker L, Murray A, Sullivan M, Marcovina S, Launer L. Relationship between baseline glycemic control and cognitive function in individuals with type 2 diabetes and other cardiovascular risk factors: the action to control cardiovascular risk in diabetes-memory in diabetes (ACCORD-MIND) trial. Diabetes Care. 2009 Feb;32(2):221-6. doi: 10.2337/dc08-1153.
Moreira R, Soldera A, Cury B, Meireles C, Kupfer R. Is cognitive impairment associated with the presence and severity of peripheral neuropathy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus? Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2015;7:51. doi: 10.1186/s13098-015-0045-0.
Valkova M, Stamenov B, Peychinska D, Danovska M. Cognitive dysfunction in diabetic polyneuropathy. Journal of IMAB. 2011;17(1):183-8. doi: 10.5272/jimab.2011171.183.
Lenehan M, Summers MJ, Saunders NL, Summers JJ, Vickers JC. Relationship between education and age-related cognitive decline: a review of recent research. Psyhogeriartrics. 2015 Dec 17;15(2):154-62. doi: 10.1111/psyg.12083.