Normogonadotropic ovarian insufficiency in adolescence (review of literature and clinical case)
Main Article Content
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health. Fertility: assessment and treatment for people with fertility problems. London (UK): RCOG Press; 2004 Feb. PMID: 21089236.
Weiss RV, Clapauch R. Female infertility of endocrine origin. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol. 2014 Mar;58(2):144-52. doi: 10.1590/0004-2730000003021. PMID: 24830591.
Serhienko MYu, Yakovleva EB, Mironenko DM. Diagnosis and Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Pediatric Gynaecology. Mezhdunarodnyi Endokrinologicheskii Zhurnal. 2015;2(66):158-61. (in Russian).
Dumitrescu R, Mehedintu C, Briceag I, Purcarea VL, Hudita D. The Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: An update on metabolic and hormonal mechanisms. J Med Life. 2015 Apr-Jun;8(2):142-5. PMID: 25866568.
Setji TL, Brown AJ. Polycystic ovary syndrome: update on diagnosis and treatment. Am J Med. 2014 Oct;127(10):912-9. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2014.04.017.
Welt CK, DuranJM. The Genetics of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Semin Reprod Med. 2014 May; 32(3): 177-82. doi: 10.1055/s-0034-1371089.
Kosova G, Urbanek M. Genetics of the polycystic ovary syndrome. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013 Jul 5;373(1-2):29-38. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2012.10.009.
Chen ZJ, Shi Y. Polycystic ovary syndrome. Front Med China. 2010 Sep;4(3):280-4. doi: 10.1007/s11684-010-0098-2.
Raicevic M, Saxena AK. Asynchronus bilateral ovarian torsions in girls-systematic review. World J Pediatr. 2017 Jun 22. doi: 10.1007/s12519-017-0052-3.
Azziz R, Dumesic D, Goodarzi M. Polycystic ovary syndrome: an ancient disorder? Fertil Steril. 2011 Apr;95(5):1544-8. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2010.09.032.
Carmina E. Obesity, adipokines and metabolic syndrome in polycystic ovary syndrome. Front Horm Res. 2013;40:40-50. doi: 10.1159/000341840.
Carmina E, Oberfield SE, Lobo R.A. The diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescents. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010 Sep;203(3):201.e1-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2010.03.008.
Ben-Shlomo I, Younis JS. Basic research in PCOS: are we reaching new frontiers? Reprod Biomed Online. 2014 Jun;28(6):669-83. doi: 10.1016/j.rbmo.2014.02.011.
Homburg R, Ray A, Bhide P, et al. The relationship of serum anti-Mullerian hormone and polycystic ovarian morphology and polycystic ovary syndrome: a prospective cohort study. Hum Reprod. 2013 Apr;28(4):1077-83. doi: 10.1093/humrep/det015.
Corbett S, Morin-Papunen L. The Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and recent human evolution. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013 Jul 5;373(1-2):39-50. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2013.01.001.
Welt CK, Duran JM. Genetics of polycystic ovary syndrome. Semin Reprod Med. 2014 May;32(3):177-82. doi: 10.1055/s-0034-1371089.
Insenser M, Escobar-Morreale HF. Proteomics and polycystic ovary syndrome. Expert Rev Proteomics. 2013 Oct;10(5):435-47. doi: 10.1586/14789450.2013.837665.
Gharani N, Waterworth DM, Batty S, et al. Association of the steroid synthesis gene CYP11a with polycystic ovary syndrome and hyperandrogenism. Hum Mol Genet. 1997 Mar;6(3):397-402. PMID: 9147642.
Goodarzi MO, Carmina E, Azziz R. DHEA, DHEAS and PCOS. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2015 Jan;145:213-25. doi: 10.1016/j.jsbmb.2014.06.003.
Mukherjee S, Shaikh N, Khavale S, et al. Genetic variation in exon 17 of INSR is associated with insulin resistance and hyperandrogenemia among lean Indian women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009 May;160(5):855-62. doi: 10.1530/EJE-08-0932.
Ackerman CM, Garcia OA, Legro RS, Dunaif A, Urbanek M. SHBG (TAAAA)n Is Associated with Serum SHBG in a PCOS Case-Control Cohort. Endocr Rev. 2011;32:P2–66.03_Meeting Abstracts.
Ridderstrale M, Nilsson E. Type 2 diabetes candidate gene CAPN10: first, but not last. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2008 Feb;10(1):19-24. PMID: 18367022.
Nykolayenkov IP, Potin VV, Tarasova MA, et al. Ovarian aromatase activity in polycystic ovarial syndrome. Z akus zen bolezn. 2014;1(63):10-6. doi: 10.17816/JOWD63110-16. (in Russian).
Santen RJ, Brodie H, Simpson ER, Siiteri PK, Brodie A. History of aromatase: saga of an important biological mediator and therapeutic target. Endocr Rev. 2009 Jun;30(4):343-75. doi: 10.1210/er.2008-0016.
Nothnick WB. The emerging use of aromatase inhibitors for endometriosis treatment. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2011 Jun 21;9:87. doi: 10.1186/1477-7827-9-87.
Demura M, Martin RM, Shozu M, et al. Regional rearrangements in chromosome 15q21 cause formation of cryptic promoters for the CYP19 (aromatase) gene. Hum Mol Genet. 2007 Nov 1;16(21):2529-41. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddm145.
Stocco C. Aromatase expression in the ovary: hormonal and molecular regulation. Steroids. 2008 May;73(5):473-87. doi: 10.1016/j.steroids.2008.01.017.
Silva JR, van den Hurk R, van Tol HT, Roelen BA, Figueiredo JR. Expression of growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9), bone morphogenetic protein 15 (BMP15), and BMP receptors in the ovaries of goats. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005 Jan;70(1):11-9. doi: 10.1002/mrd.20127.
Elvin JA, Yan C, Wang P, Nishimori K, Matzuk MM. Molecular characterization of the follicle defects in the growth differentiation factor 9-deficient ovary. Mol Endocrinol. 1999 Jun;13(6):1018-34. doi: 10.1210/mend.13.6.0309.
Wu YG, Bennett J, Talla D, Stocco C. Testosterone, not 5α-dihydrotestosterone, stimulates LRH-1 leading to FSH-independent expression of Cyp19 and P450scc in granulosa cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2011 Apr;25(4):656-68. doi: 10.1210/me.2010-0367.
Mendelson CR, Jiang B, Shelton JM, Richardson JA, Hinshelwood MM. Transcriptional regulation of aromatase in placenta and ovary. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005 May;95(1-5):25-33. doi: 10.1016/j.jsbmb.2005.04.016.
Gulbay G, Yesilada E, Celik O, Yologlu S. The Investigation of Polymorphisms in DNA Repair Genes (XRCC1, APE1 and XPD) in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2017; 18(5): 1219-23. doi: 10.22034/APJCP.2017.18.5.1219.
Martin RM, Lin CJ, Nishi MY, et al. Familial hyperestrogenism in both sexes: clinical, hormonal, and molecular studies of two siblings. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Jul;88(7):3027-34. doi: 10.1210/jc.2002-021780.
Czajka-Oraniec I, Simpson ER. Aromatase research and its clinical significance. Endokrynol Pol. 2010 Jan-Feb;61(1):126-34. PMID: 20205115.