Anthropometric Standards and Clinical Features of Obesity in Children
Main Article Content
This paper examines the prevalence of overweight and obesity in children from Chernivtsi region. Material and Methods. 325 children aged 10 to 18 years were examined. The control group consisted of 80 apparently healthy children of the same age. Methods of investigation included medical history, anthropometry (height, weight, body mass index, waist circumference, hip circumference), laboratory and instrumental examination. Results. It is shown that overweight and obesity are more often detected in boys (60 %) aged 15–18 years and girls (40 %) aged 12–15 years. The habitants of city reasonably more often suffer from overweight and obesity. Overweight was detected in both parents of 45 (15.7 %) patients had excessive body weight, and only in one parent of 80 (28.1 %) patients (in mothers more often than in fathers). 86.9 % of patients had relatives who suffer from obesity. The feature of clinical course of overweight and obesity in children is a combination with numerous nosologies, that determines the appearance of large amount of various clinical symptoms. Conclusions. Due to the high comorbidity, the problem of overweight and obesity should be in the focus of not only pediatric endocrinologists, but also related professionals to prevent further progression and development of complications.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
Аверьянов А.П. Ожирение у детей и подростков: клинико-метаболические особенности, лечение, прогноз и профилактика осложнений / А.П. Аверьянов // Міжнародний ендокринологічний журнал. — 2009. — № 4(22). — С. 90-98.
Бугрова С.А. Висцеральное ожирение — ключевое звено метаболического синдрома / С.А. Бугрова // Міжнародний ендокринологічний журнал. — 2009. — № 2(20). — С. 82-84.
Наказ Міністерства охорони здоров’я України від 27.04.06 № 254 в редакції наказу МОЗ України від 03.02.2009 № 55 «Про затвердження протоколів лікування дітей з ендокринними захворюваннями» [Електронний ресурс]. — Режим доступу: http://www.uazakon.com/big/text363/pg1.htm.
Павлишин Г.А. Епідеміологічна ситуація щодо надмірної маси тіла, ожиріння та артеріальної гіпертензії в дітей
м. Тернополя / Г.А. Павлишин, К.В. Левандовська // Вісник наукових досліджень. — 2012. — № 4 (69). — С. 117-119.
Проблема ожирения в Европейском регионе Всемирной организации здравоохранения и стратегии ее решения // Ліки України. — 2010. — № 7(143). — С. 36-40.
Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults — the evidence report / National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute // Obesity Research. — 1998. — Vol. 6, Suppl. 2. — P. 51S-209S.
IDF consensus definition of the metabolic syndrome in children and adolescents / S.G. Alberti, P. Zimmet, F. Kaufman [et al.]. — International Diabetes Federation, 2007. — 24 p.
Obesity and overweight / Fact sheet № 311. — Geneva: World Health Organization, 2006. — 3 p.
WHO obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. WHO Technical report Series number 894. — Geneva: WHO,