Clinical effectiveness of therapeutic training in the treatment of osteoarthritis patients with excessive weight in a family doctor the practice
Keywords:osteoarthritis, therapeutic studies, clinical efficacy, body mass index, the index WOMAC, VAS scale
AbstractThe tactics of family doctor concerning the methods of teaching patients with osteoarthritis (ОА) is not defined. The aim - to evaluate the therapeutic education efficacy in complex treatment of overweight patients with osteoarthritis. Materials and methods. The dynamics of body mass index (BMI) and clinical parameters of joint syndrome in overweight patients with osteoarthritis before and after the complex treatment using therapeutic education (main group n = 43) compared with conventional treatment (comparison group n = 32). Statistical analysis was performed using Excel 2007, Statistica 6.0. Results. The influence of therapeutic education for significant positive dynamics of the WOMAC index – 61.9% (p <0,05), Lequesne index 16.7±1,3 (р≥0,05) the intensity of the pain by visual analogue scale for pain (VAS) - at 39.3% (p < 0.05) was found in patients of the main group, in contrast to the comparison group, indicating the high efficiency of therapeutic eduacation. In addition, in main group the number of patients with normal BMI increased to 60.4%, and the number of overweight patients decreased - 22.3% and obese patients - 17.3%. Conclusion. The results indicate a high clinical efficacy of therapeutic education in complex treatment of patients with OA and overweight.
Алексеева Л. И. Факторы риска при остеоартрозе / Л. И. Алексеева // Научно-практическая ревматология. —2010. —№ 2. — С. 36—45.
Новик А. А. Исследование качества жизни в ревматологии: концептуальные и методологические аспекты / А. А. Новик, Т. И. Ионова, А. А. Цепкова // Вестн. международного центра исследований качества жизни. — 2012. —Т. 3, № 4. — С. 77—83.
Носкова А. С. Роль физической активности при остеоартрозе коленных суставов / А. С. Носкова, А. А. Лаврухина // Научно-практическая ревматология. —2011. —№ 5. — С. 33—40.
Остеопороз. Діагностика, профілактика та лікування. Клінічні рекомендації. // За ред. проф. Л. І. Беневоленської та проф. О. М. Лесняк. – М.: «ГЕОТАР-Медіа». 2006. – 171 с.
Поворознюк В. В. Глюкозамин и хондриитин в лечении остеоартроза: данные литературы и результаты собственных исследований / В. В. Поворознюк // РМЖ. — 2006. —Т. 14, № 4. — С. 290—294.
Поворознюк В. В. Остеоартроз: нельзя забыть о болезни, но можно ею управлять / В. В. Поворознюк // Здоровье Украины. – 2007. – № 4. – С. 68.
Copyright (c) 2018 Health of Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.