HIGH LEVEL OF REGULATORY PROVIDING - THE BASIS OF AN EFFECTIVE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM
Keywords:the reforming of the Health Care System, primary health care, family medicine, the Institute of Family Medicine, health
Background. The article discusses approaches to reforming the Health Care System of Ukraine, the key objectives of which are: strengthening preventive services, the increasing of an accessibility and quality of health care, the enhancement of a primary health care, improving of a personnel maintenance, upgrading of an infrastructure and ensuring a fairness in health care, and also some legislative outcomes of the Institute of Family Medicine. The purpose of the study is to analyze the current regulatory framework for the functioning of the Health Care System, the state of health of the population, as well as the prevalence of chronic noncommunicable diseases and their risk factors, which is a priority public health problem. Results. The UN Millennium Declaration, adopted in 2000 by 189 countries at the UN Millennium Summit, set the Millennium Development Goals. At the beginning of the Millennium, Ukraine demonstrated relatively strong economic growth, which contributed to the improvement of the social situation in the country and had a positive impact on the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals. At the same time, the effects of the armed conflict in the East, the uncertainty of development trends and adverse foreign economic conditions have been the main reasons of the economic downturn and declining production volumes. At present, it is necessary of an arrangement the problems back off economic growth in Ukraine and to create a system of "drivers" of accelerating economic development and ensuring changes in its quality. The outcome document of the Summit on "Transforming Our World: A 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development" approved 17 Sustainable Development Goals and 169 Tasks. Today, in Ukraine, as in most European countries, the high prevalence of chronic noncommunicable diseases and their risk factors is an urgent problem. This is a priority public health problem that has a negative impact on the medical and demographic situation and causes high rates of morbidity, disability, mortality and short life expectancy. One of the Sustainable Development Goals is "Strong Health and Wellbeing" (Goal 3), which is undergoing significant progress in the development of medicine globally. In accordance with resolution WHA62.12, (Strategy 3) The reorientation of the healthcare model means creating the conditions in which effective and efficient health care services are developed, funded and delivered in accordance with innovative health care models, which prioritize primary and community health care services and joint actions to strengthen health. In this regard, a Strategic Approach to the Development of Ukraine's Health Care System should be developed and priorities identified throughout the life cycle of health care services. This approach means assessing the full range of health services offered at different levels of the Health Care System, based on the best available data and expected over the entire life cycle. Formation and implementation of an integrated cross-sectoral approach is an important prerequisite for successful implementation of modern strategic goals in the field of health care, including, carrying out preventive measures to eliminate the negative impact of social determinants of health, creating conditions for saving and promoting the health of the population, approval healthy lifestyle, formation of responsible attitude of each person to personal health. In 2017, the Institute of Family Medicine drafted the Law of Ukraine “On Primary Health Care on the Basis of Family Medicine”. The main purpose of family medicine - based a primary health care as a basis for health care is to ensure that affordable, timely, high-quality and effective primary health care is provided to the patient, to improve public health, to save, restore and promote public health. Conclusions. Any action to modernize the Health Care System should be accompanied by a concerted effort by all parties (patients, the medical community, the legislature and the executive, as well as local authorities) to ensure that healthcare professionals and the public are interested in an effective Health Care System.
Цілі Сталого Розвитку: Україна. Національна доповідь. – 2017. – 176 с.
Національна оцінка ситуації з ВІЛ/СНІДу в Україні станом на початок 2019 року. ДУ «Український центр контролю за соціально небезпечними хворобами МОЗ України». – К. – 2019. – 54 с.
Road traffic injuries: the facts in the WHO European Region. URL: http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/308831/Infograph-road-traffic-injuries-en.pdf? ua=1.
Всемирная организация здравоохранения. Механизм комплексного ориентированного на людей медицинского обслуживания. Доклад Секретариата. Шестьдесят девятая сессия Всемирной ассамблеи здравоохранения. А69/39 Пункт 16.1 предварительной повестки дня 15 апреля 2016 г.
Вороненко Ю. В. Сімейна медицина на чолі реформи охорони здоров’я України / Ю. В. Вороненко., О. Г. Шекера // Здоров’я суспільства. – 2016. – № 1-2. – С. 20-23.
Проект Закону України «Про первинну медичну допомогу на засадах сімейної медицини» від 22.06.2017 № 6634.
Copyright (c) 2020 Health of Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.