Level of topoisomerase IIα expression as a prognostic indicator in patients with breast cancer (literature review)
Keywords:breast cancer, topoisomerase IIα, topoisomerase inhibitors, anthracycline antibiotics
AbstractTopoisomerases are important enzymes that ensure the genomic integrity. It is a target for anthracycline antibiotics which are used in the breast cancer chemotherapy. A series of studies that researched connection between topoisomerase IIα and the sensitivity to chemotherapy with anthracycline antibiotics in patients with breast cancer are considered in the article, however, the predictive value of this marker is still controversial.
Федоренко З.П., Гулак Л.О., Михайлович Ю.Й. та ін. Рак в Україні 2016–2017 // Бюлетень Національного канцер-реєстру України. — 2018. — № 19. — С. 7.
Ferlay J., Soerjomataram I., Dikshit R. еt al. Cancer incidence and mortality worldwide: Sources, methods and major patterns in GLOBOCAN 2012 // IJC. — 2015. — Vol. 136(5). — Р. 359-386.
Hanahan D., Weinberg R.A. Hallmarks of cancer: The next generation // Cell. — 2011. — Vol. 144. — Р. 646-674.
Wang J.C. Interaction between DNA and an Escherichia coli protein ω // J. Mol. Biol. — 1971. — Vol. 55(3). — Р. 523-533.
Gellert M., Mizuuchi K., O’Dea M.H., Nash H.A. DNA gyrase: an enzyme that introduces superhelical turns into DNA // Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. — 1976. — Vol. 73(11). — Р. 3872-3876.
Woessner R.D., Mattern M.R., Mirabelli C.K. et al. Proliferation- and cell cycle-dependent differences in expression of the 170 kilodalton and 180 kilodalton forms of topoisomerase II in NIH-3T3 cells // Cell Growth Differ. — 1991. — Vol. 2. — Р. 209-214.
Fry A.M., Chresta C.M., Davies S.M., Walker M.C., Harris A.L., Hartley J.A., Masters J.R., Hickson I.D. Relationship between topoisomerase II level and chemosensitivity in human tumor cell lines // Cancer Res. — 1991. — Vol. 51(24). — Р. 6592-6595.
Деженкова Л.Г., Цветков В.Б., Штиль А.А. Ингибиторы топоизомераз I и II: химическая структура, механизмы действия и роль в химиотерапии опухолей // Успехи химии. — 2014. — T. 83, № 1. — С. 82-94.
Almeids D., Gerhard R., Leitao D. et al. Topoisomerase II-alfa gene as a predictive marker of response to anthracyclines in breast cancer // Pathol. Res Pract. — 2014. — Vol. 210(10). — Р. 675-679.
Nikolenyi A., Uhercsak G., Csenki M. et al. Tumour Topoisomerase II Alpha Protein Expression and Outcome After Adjuvant Dose-Dense Anthracycline-Based Chemotherapy // Pathol. Oncol. Res. — 2012. — Vol. 18. — Р. 61-68.
An X., Xu F., Luo R. et al. The prognostic significance of topoisomerase II alpha protein in early stage luminal breast cancer // BMC Cancer. — 2018. — Vol. 18. — Р. 331.
Norimura S., Kontani K., Kubo T. et al. Candidate biomarkers predictive of anthracycline and taxane efficacy against breast cancer // J. Cancer Res Ther. — 2018. — Vol. 14(2). — Р. 409-415.
Järvinen T.A., Holli K., Kuukasjärvi Т. et al. Predictive value of topoisomerase II alpha and other prognostic factors for epirubicin chemotherapy in advanced breast cancer // Br. J. Cancer. — 1998. — Vol. 77(12). — Р. 2267-73.
Petit T., Wilt M., Velten M. et al. Comparative value of tumour grade, hormonal receptors, Ki-67, HER-2 and topoisomerase II alpha status as predictive markers in breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapy // Eur. J. Cancer. — 2004. — Vol. 40(2). — Р. 205-11.
Copyright (c) 2019 Practical oncology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.