Systematization and development of the provisions for statement of lean synchronization accounting of cash flow from operating activities of industrial enterprises
Keywords:lean accounting, cash flow synchronization, lean production methods, industrial enterprise
The object of research is the components of lean accounting of cash from operating activities in their interaction, taking into account the focus on minimizing losses in the system of lean management. On the organizational side, it is reasoned to revise the composition of the accounting service employees by coordinating interaction with the staff within the limits of their duties and the level of professional competence. On the methodical aspect, the use of lean manufacturing methods (Standard Operating Procedure, Value Stream Mapping, Poka-Yoke, 5 S, Just-in-Time, Visual Management, Single Minute Exchange of Dies) in conjunction with the methods of strategic management accounting (ABC, XYZ , RFM, FMR, VEN, QRS) while observing the methods of financial accounting. On the technological aspect, it is proved expedient to develop internal standards of the enterprise for setting lean accounting of cash flow synchronization from the operating activity of an industrial enterprise through the value stream.
Based on the results of application of the methods of systemic and critical analysis, the elements of the lean accounting basis of the enterprise are justified: the purpose of accounting and users of information; principles, methods, objects, meters and the obligation to keep records; time horizon; information sources. Based on the results of the scientific information search and logical generalization, the main guidelines for the enterprise’s lean accounting are established. Comparison of lean accounting by basis elements with financial accounting, management accounting and strategic management accounting is performed.
The importance of lean accounting in the management of a modern industrial enterprise from the position of strengthening the role of information and its value for substantiating and adopting the best managerial decisions with a focus on satisfying the requirements of customers and taking into account the interest of suppliers is proved.
The methodical approach to the identification and generalization of the composition of the factors influencing the synchronization of cash flow from the operating activity of an industrial enterprise, as well as the establishment of cause-effect relationships between them, using the Ishikawa diagram, has been improved. Based on the results of using the graphical method, key factors of influence are established: volume, quality, value and time.
- Ryan, B. (1995). Strategic Accounting for Management. Cengage Learning EMEA, 384.
- Maskell, B. H., Baggaley, B., Grasso, L. (2011). Practical Lean Accounting: A Proven System for Measuring and Managing the Lean Enterprise. Productivity Press, 475.
- Zubac, I. (2012). Financial accountant versus managerial accountant in the hotel business system. Turizam, 16 (1), 1–7. doi: http://doi.org/10.5937/turizam1201001z
- Almasan, A. C., Grosu, C. (2009). A strategic approach of management accounting. Annals of Faculty of Economics, 3 (1), 736–741. Available at: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/6304212.pdf
- Juras, A. (2014). Strategic Management Accounting – What Is the Current State of the Concept? Economy Transdisciplinarity Cognition, 17 (2), 76–83. Available at: http://www.ugb.ro/etc/etc2014no2/13_Juras_A.pdf
- Plakhtii, T. F. (2017). Rozvytok orhanizatsii obliku na osnovi kontseptsii oshchadlyvoho vyrobnytstva. Visnyk ZhDTU, 3 (81), 25–30.
- Collatto, D. C., Souza, M. A. de, Nascimento, A. P. do, Lacerda, D. P. (2016). Interactions, convergences and interrelationships between Lean Accounting and Strategic Cost Management: a study in the Lean Production context. Gestao & Producao, 23 (4), 815–827. doi: http://doi.org/10.1590/0104-530x1279-15
- Darabi, R., Moradi, R., Toomari, U. (2012). Barriers to Implementation of Lean Accounting in Manufacturing Companies. International Journal of Business and Commerce, 1 (9), 38–51. Available at: https://www.ijbcnet.com/1-9/IJBC-12-1804.pdf
- Koriahin, M. V., Chik, M. Yu. (2015). Problemy vprovadzhennia Lean obliku na pidpryiemstvakh. Finansovo-ekonomichnyi rozvytok Ukrainy v umovakh transformatsiinykh peretvoren. Lviv: LKA, 118–120.
- Liakhovych, H. I. (2015). Kontseptsiia oshchadlyvoho vyrobnytstva: osnovni polozhennia ta vplyv na orhanizatsiiu obliku. Problemy teorii ta metodolohii bukhhalterskoho obliku, kontroliu i analizu, 3 (33), 139–146.
- Stenzel, J. (Ed.) (2007). Lean accounting: best practices for sustainable integration. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 344.
- Fiume, O. (2002). Lean Accounting and Finance. Cash flow tells the tale. Target, 18 (4), 6–14. Available at: http://www.ame.org/sites/default/files/target_articles/02-18-4-Lean_Accounting.pdf
- Yankovyi, O. H. (2013). Konkurentospromozhnist pidpryiemstva: otsinka rivnia ta napriamy pidvyshchennia. Odessa: Atlant, 470.
- Lean Accounting Summit. Available at: http://leanaccountingsummit.com/
- Pro bukhhalterskyi oblik ta finansovu zvitnist v Ukraini (1999). Zakon Ukrainy No. 996-XIV. 16.07.1999. Available at: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/996-14
- Pro zatverdzhennia Natsionalnoho polozhennia (standartu) bukhhalterskoho obliku 1 «Zahalni vymohy do finansovoi zvitnosti» (2013). Nakaz Ministerstva finansiv Ukrainy No. 73. 07.02.2013. Available at: http://zakon0.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0336-13
- IMA The Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Bisness. Available at: https://www.imanet.org/-/media/f56cba3786e148f486a61df52b0c03ee.ashx?as=1&mh=200&mw=200
- Marchwinski, C., Shook, J., Schroeder, A. (Eds.) (2008). Lean Lexicon a graphical glossary for Lean Thinkers. Version 4.0. Compiled by the Lean Enterprise Institute, 136.
- Ishikawa, K. (1985). What is Total Quality Control?: The Japanese Way. Prentice Hall, 215.
- Kolos, I. V. (2015). Osoblyvosti oblikovoi polityky pidpryiemstva v konteksti oshchadlyvosti. Ekonomichni nauky. Seriia «Oblik i finansy». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats. Lutskyi natsionalnyi universytet, 12 (45), 1, 149–157.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Iryna Kolos
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.