Modern determinants of consumer needs and analysis of the market of peloidotherapy in SPA resorts
Keywords:SPA facilities, peloid therapy, sulphide-silt mud, SPA services, health tourism
One of the directions of development of the tourism industry is health tourism. Today, having natural opportunities and high potential, it is possible to state the absence of highly competitive positions in this sector of the national economy of some developing countries. For example, in Ukraine, sanatorium-and-spa institutions are one of the priority areas for the development of domestic and foreign tourism, one of the most stable types of tourism markets. So, the object of the research is the Clinical Sanatorium named after V. I. Pirohov «Kuialnyk» (Odesa region, Ukraine). The subject of the research is ways to improve the Clinical Sanatorium named after V. I. Pirohov «Kuialnyk».
The available and potential reserves of medical resources, taking into account their qualitative and quantitative characteristics, can serve as the basis for the creation of such tourism products that are now very popular in the world, for example, the provision of spa services. The authors state the absence of highly competitive positions in this sector. In the current market conditions, the sanatorium business in Ukraine is undergoing structural changes. The branding scheme proposed by the authors of the Clinical Sanatorium named after V. I. Pirohov «Kuialnyk» allows improving the quality of spa services and marketing effectiveness. After all, the modern basis of the activity of tourist organizations is determined by the factor of informatization of society.
Since the vast majority of visitors to the resort are from Belarus, Moldova, it is interesting that the resort also has its share of international tourists from European countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Germany, etc.). Thanks to the successful identification of the strengths and needs of consumers, it can be assumed that the international tourist flow will increase, because there are all the necessary conditions for this. The new branding scheme developed by the authors will act as a catalyst and stimulator for the growth of the number of visitors to the Odesa region. The prospect of this study lies in the search for new solutions for the promotion, reorganization of SPA institutions in the market of health tourism services in Ukraine. The synergy of the optimal use of natural health-improving resources and the best management solutions for the use of information support create a competitive tourism product, which in turn will lead to an increase in international tourists.
- Pro skhvalennia Stratehii rozvytku turyzmu ta kurortiv na period do 2026 roku (2017). Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy No. 168-r. 16.03.2017. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/168-2017-%D1%80#Text
- The Spa Economy. The Global Wellness Institute (GWI). Available at: https://globalwellnessinstitute.org/what-is-wellness/spa-industry/
- Schmidt, S. (2021). The Growth of the Global Spa Industry. MarketResearch. Available at: https://blog.marketresearch.com/the-growth-of-the-global-spa-industry
- Fizor, N. S., Tarasova, K. B. (2012). Vyvchennia tsiliushchykh vlastyvostei vitchyznianykh likuvalnykh hriazei i perspektyvy stvorennia novykh likarskykh form na yikh osnovi. Aktualni pytannia farmatsevtychnoi i medychnoi nauky ta praktyky, 3, 23–25. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/apfimntp_2012_3_8
- Vaisfeld, D. N., Golub, T. D. (1980). Lechebnoe primenenie griazei. Kyiv: Zdorov'ia, 144.
- Lesnitckii, A. V. (2009). Novye vozmozhnosti lechebnykh griazei. Poliklinika, 3, 70–80.
- TO «Kurort Kuialnik». Available at: https://kuyalnik.com
- Booking. The world leader in online travel and related services. Available at: https://www.booking.com/
- Kuyalnik Sanatorium Im. Pirogova. Available at: https://www.tripadvisor.ru/Hotel_Review-g295368-d6570798-Reviews-Kuyalnik_Sanatorium_Im_Pirogova-Odessa_Odessa_Oblast.html
- Ofitsiina storinka Sanatoriiu Kuialnyk na Facebook. Available at: https://www.facebook.com/sanatorium.kuyalnik
- Aqua-Spa Palace. Available at: https://www.sovinyon-aqua.com.ua
- Grand Marine Hotel & SPA. Available at: https://grand-marine.ua/en/
- Аrk Palace Hotel. Available at: https://en.arkpalacehotel.com/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Hanna Sarkisian, Margaryta Liganenko, Sheida Golbad Kambiz
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.