Pecularities of the clinical course of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in hypertensive patients.
Nowadays, the problem of comorbid chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and arterial hypertension (AH) is considered from the point of view of the presence of common risk factors and pathogenetic mechanisms. The aim of the study was to investigate cardiorespiratory system function in patients with COPD and AH and to analyze the main cardiovascular risk factors. 284 patients with COPD were divided into 2 groups: the main group - 167 patients with COPD and concomitant hypertension, the comparison group - 117 patients with COPD and normal blood pressure values. An analysis of the clinical picture of COPD revealed that patients with AH more often had exacerbation of underlying disease, more expressed clinical manifestations of the disease, differed in phenotypic distribution of patients. All patients with COPD showed a tendency to increase in arterial pressure, blood glucose level and total cholesterol compared with the control group with enhanced tendency in hypertensive patients. In addition, in hypertensive group the patients had a higher body mass index and smoked intensively. According to EGC data, the majority of patients with COPD experienced tachycardia, arrhythmia and conduction disturbances, hypertrophy of ventricules, which occurred more often in hypertensive patients. Pulmonary function was characterized both by obstructive and restrictive changes that were more expressed in the comorbidity. Thus, in the presence of AH the clinical manifestations of COPD varied, demonstrating the contribution of vascular pathology to the respiratory disorders in those patients. The combined course of COPD with AH is characterized by a modification of clinical manifestations of the disease and COPD was associated with increased cardiovascular risk in patients examined.
Kovalenko VM. [Health and medical care and a model of improvement in modern conditions]. Kyiv, Hordon. 2016;261. Ukrainian.
Westerik JA, Metting EI, van Boven JF, Tiersma W, Kocks JW, Schermer TR. Associations between chronic comorbidity and exacerbation risk in primary care patients with COPD. Respir Res. 2017 Feb 6;18(1):31. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12931-017-0512-2
Guo Y, Zhang T, Wang Z, Yu F, Xu Q, Guo W, et al. The body mass index and mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease A dose–response meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016 Jul;95(28):e4225. doi: https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000004225
Iantorno M., Schinzari F., Mores N, et al. Changes in vasodilator reactivity and vasoconstrictor tone in metabolically healthy obesity and the metabolic syndrome. Circulation. 2015;132:A18950.
Adeloye D, Chua S, Lee C, et al. Global Health Epidemiology Reference Group (GHERG). Global and regional estimates of COPD prevalence: Systematic review and meta-analysis. J Glob Health. 2015;5(2):020415. doi: https://doi.org/10.7189/jogh.05.020415
Leone A. Smoking and Hypertension. J. Cardiol. Curr. Res. 2(2):00057. doi: https://doi.org/10.15406/jccr.2015.02.00057
Negewo NA, McDonald VM, Gibson PG. Comorbidity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Invest. 2015;53(6):249-58. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resinv.2015.02.004
Li G, Wang H, Wang K, Wang W, Dong F, Qian Y, et al. The association between smoking and blood pressure in men: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:797 doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-017-4802-x
Diab N, Gershon A, Sin DD, Tan WC, Bourbeau J, Boulet L-P, et al. Underdiagnosis and Overdiagnosis of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018 Nov;9:1-2. doi: https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201804-0621CI
GOST Style Citations
- Коваленко В. М., Корнацький В. М. Проблеми здоров'я і медичної допомоги та модель покращення у сучасних умовах. Київ: Гордон, 2016. 261 с.
- Associations between chronic comorbidity and exacerbation risk in primary care patients with COPD / Westerik J. A. M. et al. Respir Res. 2017. P. 18-31. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12931-017-0512-2
- Body mass index and mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease A dose-response meta-analysis / Guo Y. et al. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016. Vol. 95, N 28. e4225. Published online 2016 Jul 18. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000004225
- Changes in vasodilator reactivity and vasoconstrictor tone in metabolically healthy obesity and the metabolic syndrome / Iantorno M. et al. Circulation. 2015. Vol. 132. A18950 Abstract 18950.
- Global and regional estimates of COPD prevalence: Systematic review and meta-analysis / Adeloye D. et al. J. Glob. Health. 2015. Vol. 5, N 2. Abstract 020415. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7189/jogh.05.020415
- Leone A. Smoking and Hypertension. J. Cardiol. Curr. Res. 2015. Vol. 2, N 2. P. 00057. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15406/jccr.2015.02.00057
- Negewo N. A., McDonald V. M., Gibson P. G. Comorbidity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Invest. 2015. Vol. 53, N 6. P. 249-258. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resinv.2015.02.004
- The association between smoking and blood pressure in men: a cross-sectional study / Li G. et al. BMC Public Health. 2017. N 17. P. 797. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-017-4802-x
- Underdiagnosis and Overdiagnosis of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease / Diab N. et al. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care. Med. 2018. Vol. 198, N 9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201804-0621CI
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License