Pennsylvania State University, United States
Dickinson School of Law
Professional (scientific) interests: International and comparative law, with special reference to the Independent State of the former Soviet Union, including legal theory, legal history, all branches of law, private international law, approaches to international law, and relations with international organizations.
Web of Science profile: link
- Butler, W. E. (2019). Methodological Innovations in Soviet International Legal Doctrine. The Year Book of World Affairs 1978, 334–341. doi: http://doi.org/10.4324/9780367274634-20
- Butler, W. (2019). Five Generations of Russian Constitutions: Russia as Part of the Western Legal Heritage. BRICS Law Journal, 6 (3), 13–21. doi: http://doi.org/10.21684/2412-2343-2019-6-3-13-21
- Butler, W. E. (2019). Justice in Russia soviet law and russian history. The Integrative Jurisprudence of Harold J. Berman, 13–27.
- Butler, W. (2019). Guest Editor’s Note – Some Reflections on Integration in Eurasia. Russian Law Journal, 7 (3), 5–11. doi: http://doi.org/10.17589/2309-8678-2019-7-3-5-11
- Butler, W. (2017). The Legal Profession in the United States. Law of Ukraine, 3, 157–164.
- Butler, W. (2013). Volodymyr Hrabar, Peter Lombard, John Mair, and the History of International Law. International Law, 1-2, 296–304.
- Butler, W. E. (2011). Civil Code of Ukraine and Law of Ukraine on Private International Law. Wildy, Simmonds & Hill Publishing, 446.