Peculiarities of legal regulation of compulsory termination of land ownership in the conditions of the legal regime of martial law in Ukraine
Keywords:state ownership of land, confiscation of land, forced alienation of land, martial law
The purpose of the study is to analyze the principles of land law regulation and the legal framework for the forced termination of private ownership of land and the acquisition of state ownership of land under martial law. The following scientific tasks are solved in the article: the content of some grounds for termination of private ownership of land plots, which are the grounds for state acquisition of land ownership under the legal regime of martial law; the procedure of compulsory alienation and seizure of land plots under martial law is analyzed, gaps in the current legislation are identified and ways of settling legal conflicts are proposed.
The elaboration of the topic is based on the provisions of the general theory of land and civil law, where, taking into account the latest advances in science, conceptual recommendations are provided for building a legal structure of forced termination of land ownership.
The research was conducted on the basis of an analysis of the provisions of Ukrainian civil and land legislation, measures of forced alienation and seizure of land. The article provides coverage of current issues and legislative features of the termination of private ownership of land and the acquisition of state rights of landowners under martial law.
The existence of the procedure of forced alienation of property, the procedure of forced seizure of property in favor of the state, different in form, content and mechanism in the legal regulation, is explained. The forcible termination of the right of private ownership of land under martial law entails the acquisition by the state of the rights of the owner. Compulsory alienation of land must follow the advance payment of alienation; the procedure for withdrawing land for the needs of the state may provide for the following reimbursement.
Proposed ways to resolve legal conflicts by systematizing the grounds for state acquisition of property rights in martial law and filling gaps in legislation, by developing a separate mechanism that regulates the procedure of forced expropriation of land in martial law, decisions to determine the list of land, for which forced expropriation or seizure of land may be applied.
- Nosik, V. V. (2006). Osoblyvosti nabuttia derzhavoiu prava vlasnosti na zemliu. Zemelne pravo Ukrainy, 3, 3–11.
- Nosik, V. V. (2006). Prypynennia prava pryvatnoi vlasnosti na zemliu v Ukraini. Zemelne pravo Ukrainy, 6, 42–48.
- Nosik, V. V. (2006). Pravo vlasnosti na zemliu Ukrainskoho narodu. Kyiv: Yurinkom Inter, 544.
- Kulynych, P. F. (2006). Pidstavy prypynennia prav na zemliu: deiaki teoretychni ta praktychni problemy. Zemelne pravo Ukrainy, 2, 31–36.
- Miroshnichenko, A. M. (2009). Kolizii v pravovomu rehuliuvanni zemelnykh vidnosyn v Ukraini. Kyiv: Alerta: KNT: TsUL, 268.
- Iniutina, O. (2008). Prymusove prypynennia prav vlasnykiv na zemliu. Zemelne pravo Ukrainy: teoriia i praktyka, 4, 31–34.
- Konstytutsiia Ukrainy (1996). Zakon Ukrainy No. 30. 28.06.1996. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text
- Tsyvilnyi kodeks Ukrainy (2003). Zakon Ukrainy No. 345-IV. 16.01.2003. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/435-15/ru/ed20131011#Text
- Zemelnyi kodeks Ukrainy (2001). Zakon Ukrainy No. 2768-III. 25.10.2001. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2768-14#Text
- Shulha, M. V. (2002). Zemelnyi kodeks Ukrainy: naukovo-praktychnyi komentar. Kharkiv: TOV «Odisei», 600.
- Pro vidchuzhennia zemelnykh dilianok, inshykh ob’iektiv nerukhomoho maina, shcho na nykh rozmishcheni, yaki perebuvaiut u pryvatnii vlasnosti, dlia suspilnykh potreb chy z motyviv suspilnoi neobkhidnosti (2010). Zakon Ukrainy No. 1559-VI. 17.11.2010. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1559-17#Text
- Pro pravovyi rezhym voiennoho stanu (2015). Zakon Ukrainy No. 389-VIII. 12.05.2015. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/389-19#Text
- Pro viiskovo-tsyvilni administratsii (2015). Zakon Ukrainy No. 141-VIII. 03.02.2015. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/141-19#Text
- Pro mistseve samovriaduvannia (1997). Zakon Ukrainy No. 280/97-VR. 21.06.1997. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/280/97-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text
- Pro derzhavnu reiestratsiiu rechovykh prav na nerukhome maino ta yikh obtiazhen (2014). Zakon Ukrainy No. 1952-IV. 01.07.2004. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1952-15#Text
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Olga Nastina
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons CC BY, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.