Features of laboratory indicators of severe community-acquired pneumonia.
Keywords:pneumonia, severe community acquired pneumonia features of pneumonia
AbstractBased on data from the prospective analysis of patients with severe community-acquired pneumonia over the year of observation, the article presents data on the features of laboratory indicators of the course of severe community-acquired pneumonia. Patients included in the study were hospitalized in the pulmonology department (or therapy), and in the intensive care unit of three clinical hospitals in the city of Dnipro, namely, the Dnipropetrovsk City Clinical Hospital N 6, the Dnipropetrovsk City Clinical Hospital N 2, the Dnipropetrovsk City Clinical Hospital N 16, which are the clinical bases of the SE “Dnipropetrovsk medical academy of Health Ministry of Ukraine”. In the course of studies, the dependence of the severity of patients' state on the severity of inflammatory markers and fibrosis markers was shown. The effect of the prognostic significance of the level of the enzyme TGFβ and C-reactive protein (CRP) for the evaluation of possibility of formation of long-term pathological changes after a severe community-acquired pneumonia has been examined. It was established that a high level of CRP (38.3 [11.3, 150.9] mg / L) and TGFβ (20149.1±424.0 pg/ml) in the blood plasma of patients can be considered as an additional marker of the severity of the course of community-acquired pneumonia. The results can be the basis for a more individual approach to the development of diagnostic and therapeutic programs for patients with severe community-acquired pneumonia
1. [Manual on community-acquired pneumonia in adults: etiology, pathogenesis, classification, diagnostics, antibacterial therapy]: Nakaz MOZ Ukraїni N 499, 28.10.2003. Kyiv, 2003;140. Ukrainian
2. Kozlov VK. [Sepsis: pathogenesis of severe sepsis. The role of immune system dysfunction]. Klinichna imunologiya. Alergologiya. Infektologiya, 2008;6(17):16–22. Russian.
3. Lapach SN, Gubenko AV, Babich PN. [Statistical methods in biomedical studies using Excel]. Kyiv, Morion, 2000;320. Russian.
4. Feshchenko YuІ, et al. [Community-acquired pneumonia in adults: etiology, pathogenesis, classification, diagnostics, antibacterial therapy (draft clinical guidelines)]. Ukraїns'kiy pul'monologіchniy zhurnal. 2012;4:5-17. Russian.
5. Pertseva TO. [Clinical and immunological features of pathology of the lower respiratory tract in the epidemic period]. Medicnі perspektivi. 2010;15(2):4–10. Russian.
6. [Comparative data on the prevalence of respiratory diseases and medical care of patients with diseases of pulmonary and allergy profile in Ukraine for 2006-2007]. Feshchenko YuІ. Kyiv, 2008;47. Ukrainian.
7. [Comparative data on the prevalence of respiratory diseases and medical care of patients with diseases of pulmonary profile in Ukraine for 2008-2014] Derzhavna ustanova «Natsіonal'niy іnstitut ftizіatrії і pul'monologії іm. FG. Yanovs'kogo AMN Ukraїni», Kyiv; 2014. Ukrainian.
8. [On approval of clinical protocols of medical care in the specialty "Pulmonology": the Order of MOH of Ukraine N 128 from 19.03.2007]. Kyiv, 2007;146. Ukrainian.
9. Rebrova OYu. [ Statistical analysis of medical data. Application of software package STATISTICA]. Moskva, MediaSfera, 2002;312. Russian.
10. Feshchenko YuI. [National guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of community-acquired pneumonia]. Ukr. pul'monologіchniy zhurnal. 2008;3:59-62. Ukrainian.
11. Bartram U, Speer CP. The Role of Transforming Growth Factor b in Lung Development and Disease. Chest. 2004;125:754-65.
12. British Thoracic Society. British Thoracic Society guidelines for the management of community–acquired pneumonia in adults. Thorax. 2001;56(IV):iv1–iv64.
13. Agapakis DD Tsantilas et al. Coagulation and inflammation biomarkers may help predict the severity of community-acquired pneumonia. Respirology. 2010;15(5);796-803.
14. España P, Capelastegui A, Bilbao A, et al. Population Study of Pneumonia (PSoP) Group. Utility of two biomarkers for directing care among patients with non-severe community-acquired pneumonia. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012;31(12):3397-405.
15. Gu H, Mickler EA, Cummings OW, et al. Crosstalk between TGF-β1 and complement activation augments epithelial injury in pulmonary fibrosis FASEB J.; 2014. doi: 10.1096/fj.13-247650.
16. Dellinger RP, et al. Guidelines for evaluation of new fever in critically ill adult patients: 2008 update from the American College of Critical Care Medicine and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Critical Care Medicine. 2008;36(1):296-327.
17. Massague J. TGFbeta signalling in context. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2012;13:616-30.
18. Muller B, Harbarth S, Stolz D, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic accuracy of clinical and laboratory parameters in community-acquired pneumonia. BMC Infect Dis. 2007;7:10. doi: 10.1186/1471-2334. Р.7-10.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Medicni perspektivi (Medical perspectives)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Submitting manuscript to the journal "Medicni perspektivi" the author(s) agree with transferring copyright from the author(s) to publisher (including photos, figures, tables, etc.) editor, reproducing materials of the manuscript in the journal, Internet, translation into other languages, export and import of the issue with the author’s article, spreading without limitation of their period of validity both on the territory of Ukraine and other countries. This and other mutual duties of the author and all co-authors separately and editorial board are secured by written agreement by special form to use the article, the sample of which is presented on the site.
Author signs a written agreement and sends it to Editorial Board simultaneously with submission of the manuscript.