The major factors of influence on the socio-psychological climate in the team of health care workers.
Keywords:the socio-psychological climate, health care workers, health care institution, personnel management
The aim of the research was to identify the major factors that can positively or negatively effect the state of the socio-psychological climate in the medical team of healthcare institutions. The psychological study of the social-psychologic climate of 152 health care workers of two hospitals of Kherson region (N 1, n=80; N 2, n=72) was conducted. It is established that the level of self-esteem of climate in the institution №1 was significantly lower than in institution N 2 (р<0,007). Moreover, these two institutions differed significantly by experience of joint work of health workers (р<0.05) and length of service of the headphysicians. Health care workers with less joint work experience have been working in the institution N 1, and it was headed by the head physician with less leading experience. By the opinion of health workers of both institutions, such factorsas "interesting and meaningful work", "attentive head", "relations with colleagues", have the most positive impact on the state of climate the most negative influence — "unsatisfactory management style", "tensions in the team", "lack of financial motivation", "poor working conditions". Each team has its own combination of factors that positively or negatively affect the state of the climate. It is established, that depending on the work experience of the head physician and the work experience of joint work of employees, the main factors that affect the climate in the team are "attentive manager" and "relationships with colleagues". The more work experience of the leader, the more it will affect the state of the climate in the team. The less experience of joint work of employees, the more "relationship with colleagues" will affect its condition. Evaluation of the state of socio-psychological climate and its factors by the personnel may be the indicator of efficiency of personnel management in the health care institution.
1. Antsupov AYa, Baklanovsky SV. [Conflictology in diagrams and comments]. Piter, 2009;303. Russian.
2. Golovin SYu. [Dictionary of the practical psychologist]. Mynsk. Kharvest, 1998;800. Russian.
3. Nemov RS. [Psychodiagnostics. Introduction to a scientific psychological research with mathematics elements]. Publishing house, Vlados, 2008;631. Russian.
4. Orban-Lembryk LE. [Psychology of management]. Kyiv. Akademvydav, 2010;544. Ukrainian.
5. Paryhin BD. [Social Psychology. Origins and prospects]. SPb. SPbHUP, 2010;533. Russian.
6. Hicks JM, Britt B. Management qualities and their effects on employee satisfaction and organizational success, part 1. Radiol Manage. 2010;32(3):18-23.
7. Hogan TD. The impact of staff case manager-case management supervisor relationship on job satisfaction and retention of RN case managers. Lippincotts Case Manag. 2005;10(5):246-53.
8. Karanika-Murray M, Bartholomew KJ, Williams GA, Cox T. Leader-Member Exchange across two hierarchical levels of leadership: concurrent influences on work characteristics and employee psychological health. Work Stress, 2015;29(1):57-74.
9. Lee H, Cummings GG. Factors influencing job satisfaction of front line nurse managers: a systematic review. J Nurs Manag. 2008;16(7):768-83.
10. Northouse P. Leadership: Theory and practice. 5th ed. Thousand Oaks, CA. 2010;485.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Medicni perspektivi (Medical perspectives)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Submitting manuscript to the journal "Medicni perspektivi" the author(s) agree with transferring copyright from the author(s) to publisher (including photos, figures, tables, etc.) editor, reproducing materials of the manuscript in the journal, Internet, translation into other languages, export and import of the issue with the author’s article, spreading without limitation of their period of validity both on the territory of Ukraine and other countries. This and other mutual duties of the author and all co-authors separately and editorial board are secured by written agreement by special form to use the article, the sample of which is presented on the site.
Author signs a written agreement and sends it to Editorial Board simultaneously with submission of the manuscript.