Incomplete mechanisms of authorities in issues of ensuring the functioning of the Ukrainian language as a state language
Keywords:military personnel, scientific and pedagogical workers, mechanisms of state power, state language, Laws of Ukraine, regulations
The article is devoted to a comprehensive study of the current legislation regulating the issues of ensuring the functioning of the Ukrainian language as a state language. Analyzed such basic legal acts as the Constitution of Ukraine and the Laws of Ukraine "On ensuring the functioning of the Ukrainian language as a state language", "About Higher Education". It is determined, that the status of the Ukrainian language as a single state language in Ukraine is determined exclusively by the Constitution of Ukraine, and the procedure for the functioning and use of the state language is exclusively determined by law. The current legal acts contain gaps that are persistent.
Based on the results of the study, the author's vision of ways to regulate the imperfection of the mechanism of state power has been formed. Namely, it is proposed to supplement Article 10 of Section III of the Law of Ukraine “On Ensuring the Functioning of the Ukrainian Language as a State Language” with part 4 as follows: “as an alternative, the level of proficiency in the state language by persons, defined in the first and second parts of Article 9 of this Law, is certified by a document with Unified State Electronic Database on Education. This clarification in some cases will help simplify the mechanism for assessing the level of proficiency in the state language of military personnel serving in higher military educational institutions as scientific and pedagogical workers, as well as eliminate negative reactions from society regarding the failure to confirm the level of proficiency in the state language of persons applying for individual elective positions (Deputies of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine). After all, all citizens of Ukraine are equal before the Law and proper language skills are an integral part of professional competence, a guarantee of success in the profession, as well as an indicator of the general culture of the individual.
In addition, the article emphasizes that insufficient legal work and legal culture of local officials remain the problematic issues, faced by contract military personnel serving in the positions of scientific and pedagogical workers in institutions of higher military education. Therefore, one of the ways to increase the effectiveness of legal awareness of both military personnel (under contract) in the security and defense sector and officials of public authorities is to strengthen the work in teams on the interpretation of legal norms and ways to implement them
- Deklaratsiia pro derzhavnyi suverenitet Ukrainy (1990). Deklaratsiia No. 55-XII. 16.17.1990. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/55-12#Text
- Akt proholoshennia nezalezhnosti Ukrainy (1991). Postanova Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainskoi RSR No. 1427-XII. 24.08.1991. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1427-12#Text Last accessed: 24.06.2023
- Konstytutsiia Ukrainy (1996). Zakon Ukrainy No. 254k/96-VR. 28.06.1996. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/card/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80
- Pro Kontseptsiiu derzhavnoi movnoi polityky (2010). Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy No. 161/2010. 15.02.2010. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/161/2010#Text
- Pro zabezpechennia funktsionuvannia ukrainskoi movy yak derzhavnoi (2019). Zakon Ukrainy No. 2704-VIII. 25.04.2019. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2704-19#Text Last accessed: 24.06.2023
- Cherniei, V. V., Husariev, S. D., Cherniavskyi, S. S. et al. (Eds.) (2020). Ukrainska mova v yurysprudentsii: stan, problemy, perspektyvy. Kyiv: Nats. akad. vnutr. sprav, 184.
- Koziubra, M. I. (Ed.) (2015). Zahalna teoriia prava. Kyiv: Vaite, 392.
- Pyvovarov, V. M., Lysenko, O. A., Sidak, L. M. et al. (2019). Ukrainska mova (za pravoznavchym spriamuvanniam). Kharkiv: Pravo, 328.
- Krasheninnikova, T. V., Popovskyi, A. M. (2016). Konspekt lektsii z dystsypliny «Ukrainska mova profesiinoho spriamuvannia». Dnipro: DDUVS, 14. Available at: https://dduvs.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/files/Structure/library/student/lectures/083019.1.pdf Last accessed: 24.06.2023
- Perelik osib, yaki zobov’iazani volodity derzhavnoiu movoiu pid chas vykonannia sluzhbovykh obov’iazkiv (2021). Available at: https://kadrovik.isu.net.ua/news/515514-perelik-osib-yaki-zobovyazani-volodity-derzhavnoyu-movoyu-pid-chas-vykonannya Last accessed: 24.06.2023
- Explanation on the Law of Ukraine "On ensuring the functioning of the Ukrainian language as the state language (2019). Available at: https://hungary.mfa.gov.ua/news/72567-explanation-onthe-law-of-ukraine-on-ensuring-the-functioning-of-the-ukrainian-language-as-the-state-language Last accessed: 24.06.2023
- Language and State: An Inquiry into the Progress of Civilization (2021). FriesenPress, 636.
- Oxford Applied Linguistics Language Learning Motivation (e-book) Available at: https://elt.oup.com/catalogue/items/global/linguistics/oxford_applied_linguistics/9780194418829?cc=ua&selLanguage=uk Last accessed:24.06.2023
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Anastasia Midina
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons CC BY, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.