Some issues of legal liability for violations of environmental protection legislation
Keywords:administrative economic sanctions, disciplinary responsibility, material responsibility, environmental protection relations, labor relations
The classification of the environmental protection legislation of Ukraine has been carried out. For this purpose, Ukrainian legal acts were analyzed and systematized according to various criteria. The scientific literature, devoted to the issue of legal responsibility for violation of the norms of laws, in which the right to nature protection is enshrined, was studied. It has been proven, that in the conditions of globalization, environmental regulations must take into account international standards in the field of environmental protection, in particular, the achievements of the World Trade Organization and the European Union. The content of certain legal documents of international communities in this area has been clarified.
The types of legal responsibility are outlined. Some of them were considered in relation to the legal consequences for violating environmental legislation. In particular, material and disciplinary responsibility is characterized as having an indirect effect on environmental protection through employees of the state environmental inspection. This approach is due to the fact that the effectiveness of environmental legislation largely depends on the quality of work of the relevant employees.
At the same time, the issue of bringing offenders to economic and legal and other types of legal responsibility is considered.
It has been established, that mitigating the consequences of military actions on the territory of Ukraine requires the improvement of the institution of legal responsibility for violations of environmental regulations. Therefore, the main codified acts that regulate it, such as the Code of Labor Laws of Ukraine, the Code of Ukraine on Administrative Offenses, the Economic Code of Ukraine and the Criminal Code of Ukraine, were analyzed. Separate changes to regulatory legal acts are proposed.
In general, this research is based on the statement about the possibility of improving the state of nature by applying measures of responsibility to violators of environmental norms. This will make it possible to mitigate the consequences of military operations on the territory of Ukraine
- Kiss, A., Shelton, D. (2021). International Environmental Law. BRILL, 903.
- Tsvik, M. V., Petryshyn, O. V. (Eds.) (2009). Zahalna teoriia derzhavy i prava. Kharkiv: Pravo, 584.
- Syomych, M., Markina, I., Kobchenko, M. (2018). Ecologization of land use and agricultural leading enterprises. Sustainable Leadership for Entrepreneurs and Academics. Prague Institute for Qualification Enhancement. International Conference «Entrepreneurial and Sustainable Academic Leadership», 443–453. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-15495-0_45
- Agreement on Fisheries Subsidies. WTO. Available at: https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/rulesneg_e/fish_e/fish_e.htm Last accessed: 16.07.2023
- European Union priorities 2019–2024. Available at: https://european-union.europa.eu/priorities-and-actions/eu-priorities/european-union-priorities-2019-2024_en Last accessed: 16.07.2023
- Why the surge of climate change cases in front of international courts and tribunals matters (2023). Available at: https://www.greenpeace.org/international/story/60361/why-the-surge-of-climate-change-cases-in-front-of-international-courts-and-tribunals-matters/ Last accessed: 16.07.2023
- Pro okhoronu navkolyshnoho pryrodnoho seredovyshcha (1991). Zakon Ukrainy No. 1264-XII. 25.06.1991. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1264-12#Text Last accessed: 24.06.2023
- Kodeks Ukrainy pro administratyvni pravoporushennia (1984). Kodeks Ukrainy No. 80731-10. 07.12.1984. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/80731-10#Text Last accessed: 16.07.2023
- Pro zatverdzhennia Polozhennia pro hromadskykh inspektoriv z okhorony dovkillia (2002). Nakaz Ministerstva ekolohii ta pryrodnykh resursiv Ukrainy No. 88. 27.02.2002. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0276-02#Text Last accessed: 16.07.2023
- Kodeks zakoniv pro pratsiu Ukrainy (1971). Kodeks Ukrainy No. 322-VIII. 10.12.1971. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/322-08#Text Last accessed: 16.07.2023
- Hospodarskyi kodeks Ukrainy (2003). Kodeks Ukrainy No. 436-IV. 16.01.2003. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/436-15#Text Last accessed: 16.07.2023
- dniv viiny: Zbytky za period 24.02.2022 – 07.07.2023 siahaiut ponad 2 trln hryven. Available at: https://www.dei.gov.ua/post/500-dniv-viyni-zbitki-za-period-24022022-07072023-syagayut-ponad-2-trln Last accessed: 16.07.2023
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Oleksandr Kalian , Lidia Kupchenia, Mykola Syomych
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons CC BY, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.