Statistical correlation between accounted road accidents, road traffic administrative offenses and criminal offenses against traffic safety and transport in Ukraine
Keywords:criminal offenses against traffic safety and transport operation, statistical ratio
The article is devoted to the study of the correlation between reported traffic accidents, road traffic administrative offenses and criminal offenses against road safety and transport operation in Ukraine for 2015-2020. The author found that road traffic administrative offenses should include Art. 121, 121-2, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 128-1, 129, 130, 133-1, 139 and 140 of the Code of Ukraine on Administrative Offenses, and on criminal offenses against road safety and operation of transport - Art. 280, 286, 286-1, 287 and 291 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. It is proved, that the statistical ratio between road traffic administrative offenses and criminal offenses against road safety and transport operation increased significantly annually from 2015 to 2020 (from 71:1 to 344:1). The average ratio of administrative offenses and criminal offenses in Ukraine for six years (2015-2020) was 209:1, and for four years (2017-2020) - 274:1. The obtained data on Ukraine are interesting from the point of view of their inconsistency with the general tendencies of the ratio of administrative offenses and criminal offenses. After all, the increase in the number of detected administrative offenses should indicate an improvement in the work of the patrol police in the field of road safety and, in turn, lead to a corresponding reduction in the level of criminal offenses in this area. On the other hand, there was no statistically significant decrease in the number of criminal offenses in Ukraine. In addition, only in 2019 Ukraine reached the optimal scientifically proven average of 300: 1. The average ratio between the number of administrative offenses in the field of traffic and the number of accidents on average over four years (2017-2020) was 1540: 100. Statistics show that despite the increase in the ratio of administrative offenses and road accidents with each passing year, there has been no decrease in the number of road accidents. In addition, on average over four years (2017-2020) there were 95 administrative offenses per one accident with victims, 716 administrative offenses per one person killed in such accidents, and 76 administrative offenses per one injured person. The average ratio for four years (2017-2020) between road accidents and road accidents with victims is 6.19: 1. In other words, every 6-7 accidents were with victims. A positive trend is the increase in this ratio in recent years
- Kolb, O. G., Novosad, Iu. O. (2017). Concerning the content of some determinants which encounter and promote the crimes. Kelm: Knowledge, Education, Law, Management, 4 (20), 169–178. Available at: http://kelmczasopisma.com/viewpdf/3347
- Holovkin, B. (2020). About the Determination of Crime. Law Review of Kyiv University of Law, 1, 274–280. doi: http://doi.org/10.36695/2219-5521.1.2020.55
- Kvasha, O. O. (2017). Value philosophical category of causality in criminal law research: tradi-tion and modernity. Pravova derzhava, 28, 333–340. Available at: http://pravova-derzhava.org.ua/files/pravova-derjava.-vipusk-28-_2017_.pdf
- Golovkіn, B. M. (2020). Current and future criminology. Problems of Legality, 149, 168–184. doi: http://doi.org/10.21564/2414-990x.149.200724
- Antonian, Iu. M. (2004). Kriminologiia. Moscow: Logos, 448.
- Holovkin, B. M., Holina, V. V., Lysodied, O. V. et. al.; Holovkin, B. M. (Ed.) (2020). Kryminolohiia. Kharkiv: Pravo, 384.
- Luneev, V. V. (2005). Prestupnost XX veka: mirovye, regionalnye i rossiiskie tendentcii. Moscow: Volters Kluver, 912.
- Poltava, K. O. (2013). Kryminolohichna kharakterystyka ta zapobihannia avtotransportnym zlochynam, shcho pov’iazani iz zahybelliu liudei abo iz tiazhkym tilesnym ushkodzhenniam, v Ukraini. Kharkiv, 243.
- Kravtcov, A. Iu., Sirokhin, A. I., Skomorokhov, R. V., Shikhanov, V. N.; Luneev, V. V. (Ed.) (2011). Dorozhno-transportnaia prestupnost: zakonomernosti, prichiny, sotcialnyi kontrol. Saint Petersburg: Izd-vo "Iurid. tcentr Press", 474.
- Lawpoolsri, S., Li, J., Braver, E. R. (2007). Do Speeding Tickets Reduce the Likelihood of Receiving Subsequent Speeding Tickets? A Longitudinal Study of Speeding Violators in Maryland. Traffic Injury Prevention, 8 (1), 26–34. doi: http://doi.org/10.1080/15389580601009764
- Faílde-Garrido, J. M., Rodríguez-Castro, Y., González-Fernández, A., García-Rodríguez, M. A. (2021). Traffic Crimes and risky driving: The role of personality and driving anger. Current Psychology. doi: http://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-021-02634-2
- Jiang, Z.-H., Yang, X.-G., Sun, T., Wang, T., Yang, Z. (2021). Investigating the Relationship between Traffic Violations and Crashes at Signalized Intersections: An Empirical Study in China. Journal of Advanced Transportation, 2021, 1–8. doi: http://doi.org/10.1155/2021/4317214
- Novikov, O. (2019). Crimes against intellectual property: concept, types, current situation and development trends. Law Review of Kyiv University of Law, 3, 234–239. doi: http://doi.org/10.36695/2219-5521.3.2019.40
- Holovkin, B. M. (2021). Shchodo ob’iektyvnosti danykh pro stan bezpeky dorozhnoho rukhu v Ukraini. Protydiia zlochynnosti i koruptsii: mizhnarodni standarty ta dosvid Ukrainy. Kharkiv: Yurait, 12–19.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Oleg Novikov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons CC BY, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.