Development of classification model based on neural networks for the process of iron ore beneficiation
Keywords:classification model, computer support system for solutions, neural network, ore beneficiation, clustering of statistical data
The object of research is the processes of beneficiation of iron ore in the conditions of a mining and processing plant. Iron ore beneficiation factory near parallel to existing production lines or concentration sections. One of the key characteristics that determine the operating mode of the grinding apparatus is the crushing of ore, directly related to its strength. But unlike other parameters, the problem is with constant monitoring of the strength value. The determination of this parameter requires a laboratory study of the technological ore sample from the conveyor of the beneficiation section. The specifics of the working conditions of the beneficiation section complicate the monitoring of the strength parameter by installing a hardware sensor directly on the conveyor. Therefore, it is proposed to determine it by forecasting. Based on Big Data information technologies, using the accumulated statistical data, it is possible to forecast data between the technological samples.
The technological process of ore beneficiation in the conditions of a mining and processing plant is systematically analyzed. The generalized structure of the classification model is presented, which, based on the accumulated statistical data of the beneficiation section based on the current parameters of the section, is able to determine the parameters of incoming raw materials. The unknown parameter is determined using the counterpropagation neural network, which combines the following algorithms: a self-organizing Kohonen map and a Grossberg star. Their combination leads to an increase in the generalizing properties of the network. The training sample is formed as a result of clustering the statistical data of the beneficiation section and selecting the cluster to which the current status of the section works.
The presented forecasting algorithm, based on a combination of clustering methods and the use of a predictive neural network, allows the specialist to more quickly receive recommendations for making decisions regarding the behavior of the object compared to obtaining laboratory test data.
- Kupin, A. I. (2009). Uzghodzhene intelektualne keruvannia stadiyamy tekhnolohichnoho protsesu zbahachennia mahnetytovykh kvartsytiv v umovakh nevyznachenosti. Kryvyi Rih: Kryvorizkyi natsionalnyi universytet, 926.
- Goncharov, Yu. G., Davidkovich, Yu. G., Geyzenblazen, B. E. (1968). Avtomaticheskiy kontrol' i regulirovanie tehnologicheskih protsessov na zhelezorudnyh obogatitel'nyh fabrikah. Moscow: Nedra, 277.
- Skorohodov, V. F., Hohulya, M. S., Biryukov, V. V. (2010). Sozdanie ehffektivnyh tehnologiy i tehniki obogashcheniya mineral'nogo syr'ya s primeneniem metodov vychislitel'noy gidrodinamiki. Gorniy zhurnal, 12, 79–84.
- Ding, J., Chai, T., Wang, H. (2011). Offline Modeling for Product Quality Prediction of Mineral Processing Using Modeling Error PDF Shaping and Entropy Minimization. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 22 (3), 408–419. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/tnn.2010.2102362
- Jäschke, J., Skogestad, S. (2011). NCO tracking and self-optimizing control in the context of real-time optimization. Journal of Process Control, 21 (10), 1407–1416. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jprocont.2011.07.001
- Würth, L., Hannemann, R., Marquardt, W. (2011). A two-layer architecture for economically optimal process control and operation. Journal of Process Control, 21 (3), 311–321. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jprocont.2010.12.008
- Lu, L. (2015). Iron Ore. Mineralogy, Processing and Environmental Sustainability. Elsevier, 666. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/c2013-0-16476-8
- Wills, B. A., Napier-Munn, T. (2006). Wills’ Mineral Processing Technology. Elsevier, 456. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-7506-4450-1.x5000-0
- Ghosh, A., Sharma, A. K., Nayak, B., Sagar, S. P. (2014). Infrared thermography: An approach for iron ore gradation. Minerals Engineering, 62, 85–90. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mineng.2013.12.002
- Nevedrov, A. S., Oleynik, A. G. (2011). Ob instrumental'nyh sredstvah opredeleniya ehffektivnyh rezhimov obogashcheniya mineral'nyh rud. Informatsionnye resursy Rossii, 5, 35–38.
- Morkun, V., Tron, V. (2014). Automation of iron ore raw materials beneficiation with the operational recognition of its varieties in process streams. Metallurgical and Mining Industry, 6, 4–7.
- Hart, J. R., Zhu, Y., Pirard, E. (2011). Particle size and shape characterization: current technology and practice. Advances in the Characterization of Industrial Minerals, 77–127. doi: https://doi.org/10.1180/emu-notes.2010.emu9-4
- Andreev, S. E., Perov, V. A., Zverevich, V. V. (1980). Droblenie, izmel'chenie i grohochenie poleznyh iskopaemyh. Moscow: Nedra, 415.
- Werbos, P. J. (1989). Backpropagation and neurocontrol: a review and prospectus. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ijcnn.1989.118583
- Haykin, S. (1994). Neural Networks. A comprehensive foundation. New York: Macmillan, 696.
- Zhang, B., Muhlenbein, H. (1993). Evolving optimal neural networks using genetic algorithms with Occam's razor. Complex systems, 7 (3), 199–220.
- Goldberg, D. E. (1989). Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning. Massachusetts, 432.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Anton Senko, Andrey Kupin, Bohdan Mysko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.