Animal feed market formation trends in Ukraine considering European integration processes
Keywords:European integration, animal feed production, regulation, animal feed market, transformation, import, competitiveness
AbstractThe influence of transformation processes of reforming the agricultural sector and animal husbandry, which allow to increase production of grain products and animal feed was investigated in the paper. In addition, the evolutionary process of the animal feed market formation in Ukraine and the EU was analyzed. It was proved that the domestic animal feed market is characterized by the supply of domestic and foreign producers, creating tough competition due to the allocation of high-quality products and favorable price. Thus, the economic efficiency of animal feed enterprises depends on the state regulatory activity in the commodity market, specifically grain market. This specifics of functioning is formed by dynamics of animal feed imports to Ukraine, which in 2014 reached a maximum of 178,2 thousand tons, which is 31,61 % more than in 2010. Ukraine imported 86,9 thousand tons of wheat to the EU in an amount of 21,1 million Euros. Thus, by exporting grain products, comprising raw components for animal feed production, Ukraine holds import operations during which buys finished animal feed, which contains its own raw materials, but ready for feeding animals. Therefore, in the domestic market, with raw material resources available, there is an urgent need for high-tech production considering the safety and hygiene principles of animal feed. So, the problems of entry of the commodity group of animal feed to the EU market as a complete product for use by manufacturers in agricultural production are well founded. It was proposed to organize the system of production and circulation of animal feed, safety indicators of which meet the EU requirements and provide Ukrainian market operators with the opportunity to export feed to the EU Member States and other countries. It was proved that an effective measure is improving the legal protection of end users of feed and establishing clear responsibilities of market operators (feed labeling). Finally, developing the mechanism of recovery of animal feed producers from the crisis based on the preservation of the functioning principles of the national animal feed market harmonized with the EU legislation and adoption of the Law of Ukraine "On feed" were proposed.
- Kvasha, S. M., Kvasha, K. S.( 2013). Stan ta tendentsii rozvytku silskoho hospodarstva krain-chleniv Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu. Kyiv: NNTs IAE, 40.
- Lysyuk, V. M. (2014). Efektyvnist tovarnoho rynku – vidtvoriuvalnyi pidkhid do vyznachennia ta vymiriuvannia. Ekonomichni innovatsii, 57, 150–157.
- Afanasiev, V. (2008). Kombikormovoe proizvodstvo: sostoianie i problemy. Kombikorma, 1, 9–13.
- Kudrenko, N. V. (2010). Kliuchovi aspekty tsinoutvorennia na rynku kombikormiv Ukrainy. Naukovi pratsi NUKhT, 35, 120–122.
- Nikishina, O. V. (2014). Analiz rynku kombikormovoi produktsii v Ukraini. Tovary i rynky, 2 (18), 40–52.
- Yaroslavsky, O. (2013). Ohliad sytuatsii na rynku kombikormiv v Ukraini. Proekt «Ahrarna polityka dlia liudskoho rozvytku», 3. Available: http://www.undp.org.ua/agro/pub/ua/P2003_01_041_03.pdf
- Kozachenko, O. (2007). Tsinova polityka v diialnosti kombikormovykh pidpryiemstv. Ahroinkom, 11-12, 50–53.
- Klymyk, H. V. (2008). Vdoskonalennia zovnishnoekonomichnoi diialnosti upravlinnia kombikormovym vyrobnytstvom. Materialy IV Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi Internet-konferentsii «Spetsproekt: analiz nauchnyh issledovanii», 9-14 iiulia 2008. Available: http://www.confcontact.com/2008jule/klimik.php
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Available: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Istoriia. Vehi razvitiia kombikormovoi otrasli Rossii. Soiuz kombikorshchikov Rossii. Available: http://souzkombikorm.ru/menu/istoriya
- European Commission. Available: http://ec.europa.eu/
- Khaunkhorst, E., Lapa, V. (2014). Eksport ukrainskoi ahroprodovolchoi produktsii do Yevropeiskoho Soiuzu v umovakh hlybokoi ta vseosiazhnoi zony vilnoi torhivli. Ukrainskyi klub ahrarnoho biznesu. Kyiv. Available: http://ucab.ua/files/Survey/Doslidjenna/Manual_UCAB.pdf
- Vdovenko, N. M. (2013). Metodychni aspekty zabezpechennia prodovolchoi bezpeky z vykorystanniam potentsialu haluzei APK. Sotsialno-ekonomichnyi rozvytok rehioniv v konteksti mizhnarodnoi intehratsii, Vol. 2, № 12 (1), 47–52.
- On Main Principles and Requirements to Safety and Quality of Food Products. (1998). Law of Ukraine dated 23.12.1997 No. 771/97-VR. Ofitsiinyi visnyk Ukrainy, 13.
- Gerden, E. (2012, July/August). Feed production in Ukraine. Animal Farming Ukraine. Available: http://en.animalfarming.com.ua/view.feedmarket/
- Endres, J. (2001). Soy Protein Products: Characteristics, Nutritional Aspects, and Utilization. Champaign, IL: AOCS Press, 53. doi:10.1201/9781439822159
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Nataliia Vdovenko, Irina Palamar, Marina Fedyshko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.