Effective means of legal regulation of foreign trade
Keywords:value added, factor income, market value, BEPS plan, income, profit
The article proposes means of state-legal regulation of foreign trade, in particular legal, economic (in particular tax), political, financial and administrative instruments. The main shortcomings of the legislation are analyzed, which make it possible to effectively optimize taxation, carry out illegal export of capital and demand compensation from the budget. In order to avoid erosion of the tax base and profit shifting, a single object of taxation is proposed – value added, which is determined by the sum of factor incomes of the payers: wages fund and profit. Substantiated formation principle of the fair market value (price), which is equal to the sum of added value, VAT, charged on it, depreciation of means of production and costs, determined by the fair market value of goods/services, used in production. The established correspondence between the fair market price and the added value allows you to accurately determine the size of the tax base (VAT, personal income tax, profit tax and social contributions) and excludes any known methods of tax optimization. The amount of taxes paid determines the monetary equivalent of the added value and the increase in the sales price at each stage of production and distribution, which excludes the possibility of artificially reducing the tax base and/or transferring profits to jurisdictions with low taxes. The introduction of added value and its components as a single base of basic taxes and fees excludes weak capitalization and any other deductions from the tax base. The proposed definition of a single tax base significantly simplifies the administration of basic taxes and contributions and exhausts measures for the implementation of paragraphs 3, 4 and 5 of the BEPS plan.
- Pro valiutu i valiutni operatsii (2018). Zakon Ukrainy No. 2473-VIII. 21.06.2018. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2473-19#Text
- Pro zatverdzhennia Instruktsii pro poriadok valiutnoho nahliadu bankiv za dotrymanniam rezydentamy hranychnykh strokiv rozrakhunkiv za operatsiiamy z eksportu ta importu tovariv (2019). Postanova Natsionalnoho Banku Ukrainy No. 7. 02.01.2019. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/v0007500-19#Text
- Spanjers, J., Kar, D. (2015). Illicit Financial Flows from Developing Countries: 2004–2013. Global Financial Integrity.
- Shelkovich, M. T., Stepanova, A. I. (2017). Problemy zakonodatelstva ob amnistii kapitalov s ispolzovaniem inostrannykh tcennykh bumag i doveritelnogo upravleniia. Vestnik RGGU. Seriia Ekonomika. Upravlenie. Pravo, 2 (8), 134–146.
- Tishchuk, T. A., Іvanov, O. V. (2012). Shliakhi protidіi prikhovanomu vіdplivu kapіtalu z Ukraini. Kyiv: NІSD, 88. Available at: https://niss.gov.ua/sites/default/files/2013-02/Kapital_Tuschuk-72ec2.pdf
- Pro zovnіshnoekonomіchnu dіialnіst (1991). Zakon Verkhovoi Radi No. 959-XII. 16.04.1991. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/959-12#Text
- Mytnyi kodeks Ukrainy (2012). Kodeks Ukrainy No. 4495-VI. 13.03.2012. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4495-17
- Kheifetc, B. A. (2013). Deofshorizatciia rossiiskoi ekonomiki: vozmozhnosti i predely. Moscow: Institut ekonomiki RAN, 63.
- Tait, А. (1988). Value Added Tax: International Practice and Problems. Washington: IMF.
- Pyroha, I. S. (2018). Target character of rental fees for use of bowels. Law and State Management, 1 (30), 157–163.
- Action Plan on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (2013). OECD Publishing. doi: https://doi.org/10.1787/9789264202719-en
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Serhii Pyroha
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons CC BY, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.