Quality management of sintered aluminum powder (SAP) composite alloy
Keywords:composite material, dispersion-hardened, aluminum, strength, mathematical model, yield strength, tensile strength, elongation, composite design
This article is devoted to the research of dispersion-strengthened composite materials based on aluminum such as SAP to ensure their quality management. The orthogonal central composite design is used to analyze the composition and properties of aluminum-based DSCM. The mathematical models depending of the elongation and tensile strength of the various SAP on the temperature and the content of aluminum oxide Al2O3 are built.
Analysis of the mathematical models of obtained response surfaces showed that the tensile strength for SAP is most dependent on the temperature of the test sample (operating temperature) and Al2O3 content does not impact. As for the elongation of the samples, it is almost equally as dependent on the temperature of the test (operation), and the content of Al2O3. It has been established that the increase in the Al2O3 content and the temperature of test samples leads to decrease of tensile strength and elongation of aluminum-based DSCM.The results can be applied for the selection of the necessary materials in the production of equipment at a known operation temperature, as well as for compromise optimization of researched parameters for quality management of composite alloys such as SAP.
- Brautman, L. J., Krock, R. H. (1975). Composite Materials. New York: Academic Press.
- Lahtin, Ju. M., Leont'eva, V. P. (1990). Materials Science. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 528.
- Mendoza-Ruiz, D. C., Esneider-Alcala, M. A., Estrada-Guel, I., Miki-Yoshida, M., Lopez-Gomez, M., Martinez-Sanchez, R. (2008). Dispersion of graphite nanoparticles in a6063 aluminum alloy by mechanical milling and hot extrusion. Reviews on advanced materials science, 18, 280–283.
- Arzamasov, B. N. (1990). Konstrukcionnye materialy. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 687.
- Kovaleva, A. V., Chernyj, A. A. (2008). Kompozicionnye materialy v tehnike i isledovanie vozmozhnostej poluchenija izdelij iz raznorodnyh materialov v litejnom proizvodstve. Penza: Penzenskij gosudarstvennyj universitet, 161.
- Andreeva, A. V. (2001). Osnovy fizikohimii i tehnologii kompozitov. Moscow: Radiotehnika, 191.
- Balog, M., Krizik, P., Nosko, M., Hajovska, Z., Victoria Castro Riglos, M., Rajner, W., Liu, D.-S. et. al. (2014). Forged HITEMAL: Al-based MMCs strengthened with nanometric thick Al2O3 skeleton. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 613, 82–90. doi:10.1016/j.msea.2014.06.070
- Habibnejad-Korayem, M., Mahmudi, R., Poole, W. J. (2013). Work hardening behavior of Mg-based nano-composites strengthened by Al2O3 nano-particles. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 567, 89–94. doi:10.1016/j.msea.2012.12.083
- Ustinov, A., Falchenko, Y., Melnichenko, T., Shishkin, A., Kharchenko, G., Petrushinets, L. (2013). Diffusion welding of aluminium alloy strengthened by Al2O3 particles through an Al/Cu multilayer foil. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 213 (4), 543–552. doi:10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2012.11.012
- Sun, W., Li, X., Hokamoto, K. (2013). Preparation of nano-Al2O3 dispersion strengthened coating via coating-substrate co-sintering and underwater shock wave compaction. Ceramics International, 39 (4), 3939–3945. doi:10.1016/j.ceramint.2012.10.241
- Demin, D. A. (2005). Optimizacija tehnologicheskogo processa v cehe predprijatija. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6/1, 48–59.
- Kovalenko, B. P., Demin, D. A., Bozhko, A. B. (2006). Optimizacija sostava holodnotverdejushhih smesej (HTS) s propilenkarbonatom. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6, 59–61.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Дмитрий Николаевич Макаренко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.