Sanitary treatment of gas emissions from ammonia in the production of soda ash
Keywords:vortex apparatus, mass transfer, gas velocity, mass transfer surface, e ammonia extraction from gas emissions
The research results of the effectiveness of the spray vortex countercurrent mass transfer apparatus in the absorption of ammonia are given. The main sources of ammonia emissions in the production of soda ash and disadvantages of existing industrial units are determined. The analysis of structural mass transfer equipment, which appears in recent years, allows to identify one of the areas of mass transfer technology - the spray apparatus with high degree of turbulence. High velocity of gas (steam) also allows to atomize of liquid droplets of small size and to accelerate the process by increasing the interfacial mass transfer surface. It is developed and proposed the modernized sanitary washing apparatus for process gases. It is shown that the minimum entrainment in fluid vortex devices have a spray liquid specific design. The value of entrainment after vortex devices is much smaller than the entrainment after bubbling plates. The entrainment reducing will increase the driving force for mass transfer process, and increase the absorption of the gaseous ammonia. The operation of the upgraded unit for sanitary flushing process gases is researched and graph of the characteristics of the device is shown.The research results of the absorber of sanitary cleaning of gaseous ammonia have shown that it operates stably in a wide range of loads on the machine phases. The effectiveness of the new device is significantly higher than the efficiency of the existing enterprise sanitary washer. The efficiency is rather high vortex apparatus and reaches more than 99 % in the entire range of each of the factors.
- Hobler, T. (1964). Masstransfer and absorption. L.: Chemistry, 479.
- Kafarov, V. V., Perov, V. L., Meshalkin, V. P. (1974). The principles of mathematical modeling of chemical engineering systems. M.: Chemistry, 344.
- Protection of the atmosphere from industrial pollution. (1988). M.: Metallurgy, 760.
- Plonowski, A. N., Ramm, V. M., Kagan, E. S. (1968). The processes and apparatuses of chemical technology. M: Goskomizdat, 848.
- Nikolaev, N. A. (1974). Study and calculation of distillation and absorption vortex type devices. Kazan: Kazan National Research Technological University n.a. S. M. Kirov, 350.
- Tseitlin, M. A. (2003). Systematic study of the phenomena of mass transfer in the processes of cleaning and cooling of gases and liquids soda production. Kharkov: KhGPU, 342.
- Ramm, V. M. (1976). Absorption of gases. M.: Chemistry, 655.
- Holіn, B. G., Sklabіnsky, V. І. (1998). Using vortex mass transfer devices with counter phases in the contact zone in the process of rectification. Chemical Industry of Ukraine, № 4, 61-66.
- Sklabinsky, V. I., Holin, B. G. (1992). Intensification of internal currents drop in the gas stream with a transverse velocity gradient. Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering, V. 26, 741-745.
- Kovalev, I. A., Sklabinsky, V. I. (1998). Basic principles of counter-movement of the vortex gas-droplet flow in mass transfer devices. News ІAN, № 3-4, 71-76.
- Sklabinsky, V. I. (1998). Radial flow of the gas flow in the vortex chamber VRPMA. News Sumy State University, № 2, 163-168.
- Sklabinsky, V. I., Al Hayat Mohammad, N. K. (2010). Vortex spattering countercurrent mass transfer devices. Intensification of mass transfer. Chemical Industry of Ukraine, № 6 (101), 11-14.
- Sklabinsky, V. I., Al Hayat Mohammad, N. K. (2012). Influence of hydrodynamic parameters of the gas flow on the intensity of the internal circulating currents in the liquid droplets in the spray chamber countercurrent mass transfer apparatus. News Sumy State University, № 2, 29-35.
- Sklabinskiy, V. I., Al Hayat Mohammed, N. K. (2011). The characteristics of Vortex spray countercurrent mass exchange device. Engineering & technology journal, No. 15, Vol. 29, 3211-3223.
- Selection and testing of corrosion-resistant materials for devices of ash production. (1953). Report on №33a-53. Kharkov, 66.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Всеволод Иванович Склабинский, Надим Касим Аль Хайят Мохаммед
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.