Method of assessment and analysis of infrastructure support level of agricultural sector in Ukraine
Keywords:infrastructure, infrastructure support, agricultural sector, objects, methods, evaluation, region
The article is devoted to methodological aspect of the assessment of infrastructure support level of agricultural sector in Ukraine.
Aim of the article is developing a methodology assessment of infrastructure support level of agricultural sector in Ukraine and its analysis by the developed technique that will reveal the degree of development of agricultural sector in the regions of Ukraine.
In the article the author's interpretation of the term "infrastructure support of agricultural sector" is proposed.
The method of assessing the level of infrastructure support of agricultural sector consists of five stages that consist in defining the place and role of infrastructure support of agricultural sector in Ukraine and its particular areas, quantitative assessment of the infrastructure of the agricultural sector, location assessment of infrastructure of the agricultural sector and their balance to determine their availability for agricultural products, quality assessment of the quality of services provided by facilities of infrastructure support of agricultural sector, and synthesis of assessment results obtained in previous stages and overall assessment of infrastructure support of agricultural sector in the regions of Ukraine.
Conducted analysis by this method made it possible to rank the regions of Ukraine for the high, middle and low level of development. It is determined that the main factors influencing the level of infrastructure support level of agricultural sector of Ukraine is the work of trade and intermediary institutions, financial and credit intermediaries, social and economic development of the regions, availability of educational and scientific institutions, agroecology, climatic conditions.
- Pinstrup-Andersen, P., Satoru, S.; In: Bourguignon, F., Pleskovic, B. (2007). Rural Infrastructure and Agricultural Development. Rethinking Infrastructure for Development. Annual World Bank Conference on Development Economics. Washington, DC: World Bank, 175-203. doi:10.1596/978-0-8213-6841-1
- Llanto, G. M. (2012). The Impact of Infrastructure on Agricultural Productivity. Discussion Paper Series, 12. Philippine Institute for Development Studies, 1-54.
- Warner, M., Kahal, D., Lehel, S. (2008). Market-oriented agricultural infrastructure: appraisal of public-private partnerships. Agricultural Management, Marketing and Finance Occasional, Paper 23. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 1-43.
- Zongzhang, L., Xiaomin, L. (2009). The effects of rural infrastructure development on agricultural production technical efficiency: evidence from the data of Second National Agricultural Census of China. International Association Agricultural Economists Conference, Beijing, China, August 16-22, 2009, Paper 506, 1-19.
- Dowgert, M. F. (2010). The impact of irrigated agriculture on a stable food supply. Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Central Plains Irrigation Conference, Kearney, NE., February 24-25, 2010. Available: https://www.ksre.k-state.edu/irrigate/oow/p10/Dowgert10.pdf
- Fakayode, B. S., Omotesho, O. A., Tsoho, A. B., Ajayi, P. D. (2008). An economic survey of rural infrastructures and agricultural productivity profiles in Nigeria. European Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 7, № 2, 158‑171.
- Korchinsky, I. (2014). Infrastructure architectonics of agrarian sector of Ukraine. Agrarian Economics, Vol. 7, № 1-2, 96–100.
- Gerasimenko, N., Pihanova, S. (2003). Integrated assessment of the goods market trade infrastructure for production purposes in Khabarovsk region. Practice Marketing, 7, 20‑28.
- Nikolaeva, T. (2000). System evaluation the effectiveness of trade enterprises commercial activity. Marketing in Russia and Abroad, 4. Available: http://www.cfin.ru/press/marketing/2000-4/11.shtml
- Tretyakov, М., Veliev, E. (2007). Assessment of infrastructure development level in the region. Bulletin of the Khabarovsk State University of Economics and Law, 3 (24), 30–34.
- Tarasenko, A. (2014). Infrastructure provision as a part of the integrated development of the agricultural sector in the region. Science and Education in Australia, America and Eurasia: Fundamental and Applied Science, Melbourne, Australia, June 25, 2014, Vol. I. Melbourne: Melbourne IADCES Press, 289–294.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Артем Валерійович Тарасенко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.