Activities of international agroholdings in the world market of foreign investments: investigation of trends and factors of impact in сurrent financing conditions
Keywords:agroholdings under financing conditions, latent factors of investment in agrarian production
The activity of international agroholdings is considered as an object of research. Insufficient formalization of cause-effect relationships on the basis of analytical dependencies determining the prospects for the development of agroholdings is a shortcoming of the study of the activities of agroholdings in the current financing environment. The analysis of tendencies in the development of enterprises of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine shows that recently there has been a tendency towards development and territorial-organizational enlargement of agro-industrial enterprises by forming holdings, corporations and other agro-formations. There is also a tendency of merging enterprises into agroholdings. This allows companies not only to control the quality and cost of products, but also increases the likelihood of obtaining credit resources. At the same time, the role of investment processes, the development of methods for their implementation and effective management of them is growing. To reflect the patterns of functioning of agricultural holdings and the mechanisms of their internal relationships, factors of influence on their activities in the context of its components have been investigated. On the basis of factor analysis, systems of models of latent factors that affect the components of agricultural holdings are developed. It is established that these include:
- dynamics of investment in the expansion of production activities of agroholdings;
- dynamics of expenditures and sources of financing;
- dynamics of innovation activities of agroholdings.
- the share of agroholdings, which introduced innovations;
- the total amount of costs of agricultural holdings for the introduction of new technologies;
- the number of implemented new low-waste, resource-saving processes.
Thanks to the obtained results, it is possible to obtain the most significant factors on the basis of the interrelation of the set of indicators. This, in contrast to similar known stand-alone indicators, provides the advantages of finding prospects for the development of agricultural holdings in the world market for foreign investment on the basis of a complex of latent key factors.
- Baronov, V. V. (2000). Avtomatizatsiya upravleniya predpriyatiem. Moscow: INFRA-M, 239.
- Puchalsky, W., Ribeiro, G. T., da Veiga, C. P., Freire, R. Z., Santos Coelho, L. dos. (2018). Agribusiness time series forecasting using Wavelet neural networks and metaheuristic optimization: An analysis of the soybean sack price and perishable products demand. International Journal of Production Economics, 203, 174–189. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2018.06.010
- Shedy, E. (2012). The Analysis and Estimation of Efficiency of Agroindustrial Formations of Holding Type of the Belgorod Region. Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, 2 (2), 10–14. doi: http://doi.org/10.18551/rjoas.2012-02.02
- Bernstein, H. (2013). Historical Materialism and Agrarian History. Journal of Agrarian Change, 13 (2), 310–329. doi: http://doi.org/10.1111/joac.12020
- Kuznetsov, N. I., Ukolova, N. V., Monakhov, S. V., Shikhanova, Y. A., Sannikova, M. O. (2018). The foundations theory and methodology of transfer of technologies for manufacturing high-tech production of the agrarian economy in Russia. The Agrarian Scientific Journal, 1, 65–68. doi: http://doi.org/10.28983/asj.v0i1.251
- Malyarets, L., Draskovic, M., Babenko, V., Kochuyeva, Z., Dorokhov, O. (2017). Theory and practice of controlling at enterprises in international business. Economic Annals-ХХI, 165 (5-6), 90–96. doi: http://doi.org/10.21003/ea.v165-19
- Turner, R., Ledwith, A., Kelly, J. (2012). Project management in small to medium‐sized enterprises: Tailoring the practices to the size of company. Management Decision, 50 (5), 942–957. doi: http://doi.org/10.1108/00251741211227627
- Larson, E., Larson, R. (2009). Managing Small Projects. The Critical Steps. Watermark Learning, 12.
- Pollack, J., Adler, D. (2014). Does Project Management Affect Business Productivity? Evidence from Australian Small to Medium Enterprises. Project Management Journal, 45 (6), 17–24. doi: http://doi.org/10.1002/pmj.21459
- Sidorov, V., Babenko, V., Bondarenko, M. (2017). Researching factors of innovative activities of agrarian business of ukraine under globalization of the world economy. Innovative Technologies and Scientific Solutions for Industries, 2 (2), 70–76. doi: http://doi.org/10.30837/2522-9818.2017.2.070
- Pyrez-Ezcurdia, A., Marcelino-Sdeba, S. (2012). The small project paradox in SMEs. Prime Journal of Business Administration and Management, 2 (9), 687–692.
- Zott, C., Amit, R., Massa, L. (2011). The Business Model: Recent Developments and Future Research. Journal of Management, 37 (4), 1019–1042. doi: http://doi.org/10.1177/0149206311406265
- Vytlynskyi, V. V., Babenko, V. A. (2012). Obzor metodov kolychestvennoi otsenky vlyianyia ryskov v ahropromishlennom proyzvodstve. Rynkova transformatsiia ekonomiky, 14, 78−87.
- Babenko, V. A. (2018). Metody i modeli otsenivaniya riska na primere proizvodstva produktsii sel'skogo khozyaystva. Vіsnik Khmel'nits'kogo natsіonal'nogo unіversitetu, 1, 182–186.
- Agrovypusk agrokholdinga «Kharmeliya». Agrokholding «Kharmeliya». Available at: http://www.agrogeneration.com/ua/ Last accessed: 17.06.2018
- Top 100 latyfundystov Ukrayni (2014). Natsyonalnii ahroportal«Latifundist». Available at: http://latifundist.com/rating/top100/27866-harmelia Last accessed: 21.05.2018
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Vitalina Babenko, Vadim Sidorov, Ruslan Savin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.