Improvement of tax policy of territorial communities in the context of budget decentralization
Keywords:tax policy, corporate income tax, territorial community, fiscal decentralization
The object of research is the process of improving tax policy at the level of territorial communities, taking into account the specifics of fiscal decentralization. One of the most problematic places is the redistribution of tax revenues between levels of the budget system. The existing division doesn’t contribute to stimulating local governments to mobilize and search for sources to increase their own economic resources for the implementation of social programs and increase the investment activity of the territorial community. Improving tax policy is associated with the need to increase the level of fiscal independence of local governments.
The analysis of the current state of revenues of state and local budgets in terms of the formation of the corporate income tax, as well as financial results and the level of profitability of operating activities by types of industrial activity of enterprises is carried out. Based on the extrapolation method, a forecast of the amount of the corporate income tax is made. The structure of the redistribution of corporate income tax between the levels of the budget system is determined. The introduction of the structure of the redistribution of corporate income tax between the levels of the budget system is hampered by the lack of a systematic decentralization process.
A systematic approach, methods of analysis and synthesis, and an extrapolation method to predict the amount of tax on corporate profits are used. The main directions of improving tax policy at the level of territorial communities in the context of fiscal decentralization are identified.
This ensures the possibility of increasing the investment activity of enterprises located within a certain territorial community. Compared with the existing structure of the distribution of corporate income tax between the levels of the budget system, the proposed approach allows to provide incentives for local authorities to search for sources of enhancing their own economic resources to implement social programs. As well as increasing the investment activity of the territorial community.
- Bulyeyev, I. P., Korytko, T. Yu., Kruk, O. M. (2013). Management of budget budgets. Kramatorsk: DDMA, 310.
- Lunina, I. P. (2010). Formulation of budget budgets on the basis of the principle of equi-valence: a step towards effective budgetary system. Finance of Ukraine, 9, 3–12.
- Polyak, A. V. (2014). The Experience of Local Taxation in Germany and Its Use in the Reform of the Tax System of Ukraine. Bulletin of the Zaporizhzhya National University, 4 (1), 188–194.
- Тіеbout, C. (1961). Economic Theory of Fiscak Decentralzation. Public Finances: Sources, and Utilization. Princeton, 76–96.
- Bell, M., Adams, C. (1992). Fiscal Decentralization Indicators: Local Democratic Governance. Proceedings of 92' annual conference. Atlanta: National Tax Association, 236–241.
- Bahl, R. (1999). Implementation Rules for Fiscal Decentralization. Atlanta. Available at: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTDSRE/Resources/3p.pdf
- Reingewertz, Y. (2014). Fiscal Decentralization – a Survey f the Empirical Literature. MPRA Paper No. 9889, 46. doi: http://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2523335
- Rodriguez-Pose, A., Ezcurra, R. (2010). Is fiscal decentralization harmful for economic growth? Evidence from the OECD countries. Journal of Economic Geography, 11 (4), 619–643. doi: http://doi.org/10.1093/jeg/lbq025
- Vammalle, C., Hulbert, C. (2013). Sub-national Finances and Fiscal Consolidation: Walking on Th in Ice. OECD Regional Development Working Papers. doi: http://doi.org/10.1787/5k49m8cqkcf3-en
- Sow, M., Razafimahefa, I. (2015). Fiscal Decentralization and the Efficiency of Public Service Delivery. IMF Working Papers. New York: International Monetary Fund, 15 (59). doi: http://doi.org/10.5089/9781484351116.001
- Pedreja-Chaparro, F., Salinas-Jimenez, J., Suarez-Pandisllo, J. (2006). Financing local governments: the Spanish experience. International Studies Program, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, 06–11, 11–12.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Tetyana Korytko, Olena Kruk
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.