Research of rheological indicators of the using the flour of germinated legumes
Keywords:flour of sprouted legumes, biscuit dough, rheological parameters, flour mixture, flour raw materials.
The object of research is biscuit dough using flour from sprouted legumes with varying proportions of replacement by reducing wheat flour. The effect of legume flour with a replacement rate of 5, 10, 15, 25% is studied. The importance of the research is due to the fact that biscuits are high-calorie foods. This is what determines the creation of new types of products with a high content of protein, vitamins, minerals and a low content of simple carbohydrates. At the same time, it is important not only to improve the nutritional composition, but also to preserve the rheological properties of the biscuit dough, which depend on the internal structure of the system.
One of the most problematic places is that when the flour raw material changes, even in small quantities, the rheological characteristics of the dough and, as a consequence, the finished flour products change. When preparing the biscuit, it is recommended to use wheat flour with low or medium quality gluten, otherwise the pulp of the finished product will be dense with poorly developed porosity. One of the possible solutions to this issue is the use of flour of sprouted legumes, enriched with microelements that can be used in biscuit production technologies.
The indicators characterizing the rheological properties of the dough are investigated: dough formation time, dough stability to kneading, dough dilution degree after 10 minute after the start, the dough dilution degree after 12 minutes after the maximum. The obtained experimental studies make it possible to determine a comprehensive quality indicator using a farinograph.
It is found that in the manufacture of biscuit dough it is rational to use 5-10% flour of sprouted legumes by reducing wheat flour. The use of legume flour in the specified concentrations improves the rheological characteristics of the biscuit dough, which is associated with a decrease in the amount of gluten in the dough.
The prospect of further research is the study of the structure-forming indicators of the finished biscuit.
- Matveeva, I. V. (2006). Kontseptsiia i tekhnologicheskie resheniia primeneniia khlebopekarnykh uluchshitelei. Pischevaia promyshlennost, 5, 20–23.
- Matveeva, I. V., Puchkova, L. I., Malofeeva, Iu. N., Iudina, T. A. (2001). Primenenie fermentnykh preparatov pri proizvodstve khleba iz smesi rzhanoi i pshenichnoi muki. Pischevye ingredienty. Syre i dobavki, 2, 68–71.
- Hospodarenko, H. M., Liubych, V. V. (2010). Khlibopekarski vlastyvosti zerna trytykale yaroho za riznykh norm i strokiv vnesennia azotnykh dobryv. Visnyk Poltavskoi DAA, 1, 6–10.
- Popova, S. Yu., Slashcheva, A. V. (2016). Doslidzhennia reolohichnykh vlastyvostei drizhdzhovoho tista protiahom fermentatsii. Visnyk NTU «Kharkivskyi politekhnichnyi instytut», 42, 199–204.
- Gómez, M., Doyagüe, M. J., de la Hera, E. (2012). Addition of pin-milled pea flour and air-classified fractions in layer and sponge cakes. LWT - Food Science and Technology, 46 (1), 142–147. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2011.10.014
- Autio, K., Flander, L., Kinnunen, A., Heinonen, R. (2001). Bread Quality Relationship with Rheological Measurements of Wheat Flour Dough. Cereal Chemistry Journal, 78 (6), 654–657. doi: http://doi.org/10.1094/cchem.2001.78.6.654
- Korus, J., Witczak, M., Ziobro, R., Juszczak, L. (2015). The influence of acorn flour on rheological properties of gluten-free dough and physical characteristics of the bread. European Food Research and Technology, 240 (6), 1135–1143. doi: http://doi.org/10.1007/s00217-015-2417-y
- Shevchenko, S. (2014). Vlyianye orhanycheskykh kyslot na svoistva testa y kachestvo khlebobulochnikh yzdelyi. Khlibopekarska i kondyterska promyslovist Ukrainy, 3 (112), 38.
- Biletska, Y., Plotnikova, R., Danko, N., Bakirov, M., Chuiko, M., Perepelytsia, A. (2019). Substantiation of the expediency to use iodine-enriched soya flour in the production of bread for special dietary consumption. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (11 (101)), 48–55. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.179809
- Beletska, Y., Plotnikova, R., Bakirov, M., Vereshchynskyi, O. (2020). Development of the technology of soya flour enriched with iodine. Food Science and Technology, 14 (2), 87–95. doi: http://doi.org/10.15673/fst.v14i2.1487
- Gallagher, E. (Ed.) (2009). Gluten-free food science and technology. Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 240. Available at: https://www.wiley.com/en-us/Gluten+Free+Food+Science+and+Technology-p-9781405159159
- Sudha, M. L., Vetrimani, R., Leelavathi, K. (2007). Influence of fibre from different cereals on the rheological characteristics of wheat flour dough and on biscuit quality. Food Chemistry, 100 (4), 1365–1370. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2005.12.013
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Yana Biletska, Alina Gontar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.