Development of nutrition methodology for athletes in a pandemic condition
Keywords:diet of athletes, diet methodology, nutrition programs, diet in a pandemic
The object of research is the diet, physical activity, individual and anthropogenic data of athletes-athletes. A systematic study of scientific literature and a systemic analysis of actual nutrition and sports load were carried out. On its basis, the problems of nutrition of athletes in a pandemic are analyzed and the ways of their solution are determined. During the research, the methods of theoretical analysis of literature, synthesis, formalization, abstraction and experimental studies of the actual nutrition and sports load of athletes-athletes were used.
As a result of the research carried out, a methodology of diets for athletes in a pandemic was developed, with its subsequent computerization on the basis of the 1C «Enterprise» platform. This methodology is based on the creation of a database about a specific athlete. This allows in the future to calculate the individual requirements for energy and all nutrients, taking into account the medico-biological requirements for macro- and micronutrients, as well as biologically active substances in consumed food. The program selects the necessary traditional dishes and products, as well as specialized products necessary to fill all the needs of the body of a particular athlete.
All the necessary components for a full-fledged diet of an athlete have been analyzed and described. The necessity of eating behavior and the combination of a correct diet with an individual amount of loads have been determined. The methodology of the diet development process is presented. In comparison with analogues, the developed program takes into account the type and time of physical activity, controls the amount of water consumed, calculating an individual food ration, taking into account food preferences and allergic reactions.
The introduction of the developed methodology and the use of its computerized program is a rational approach to the diet of athletes in a pandemic, as evidenced by the accumulated experience and achievements of modern nutritional science. Combining a properly balanced diet with a training program will allow an athlete to improve their athletic performance in a pandemic.
- Biletska, Y., Badyhina, H., Semeniuk, A. (2020). Development of an integrated method for implementation of food diets to medical and health institutions. Technology Audit and Production Reserves, 2 (4 (52)), 32–34. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/2312-8372.2020.199911
- Biletska, Y., Djukareva, G., Nekos, A., Husliev, A., Krivtsova, A., Bakirov, M. et. al. (2020). Investigation of change of quality indicators of gluten-free bread during storage. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5 (11 (107)), 54–61. doi: http://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2020.215019
- Marriott, B., Birt, D. F., Stallings, V. A., Yates, A. A. et. al. (Eds.) (2020). Present Knowledge in Nutrition. Volume 2: Clinical and Applied Topics in Nutrition. Academic Press, 646. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/c2018-0-02533-5
- Hargreaves, M., Hawley, J. A., Jeukendrup, A. (2004). Pre-exercise carbohydrate and fat ingestion: effects on metabolism and performance. Journal of Sports Sciences, 22 (1), 31–38. doi: http://doi.org/10.1080/0264041031000140536
- Burke, L. M., Hawley, J. A., Wong, S. H. S., Jeukendrup, A. E. (2011). Carbohydrates for training and competition. Journal of Sports Sciences, 29 (sup1), S17–S27. doi: http://doi.org/10.1080/02640414.2011.585473
- Louise, M., Burke, O. M. (2020). Nutrition for sport and physical activity. Present Knowledge in Nutrition. Vol. 2: Clinical and Applied Topics in Nutrition. Academic Press, 101–120. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-818460-8.00006-x
- Dal‐Ré, R. (2021). Clinical Equipoise in COVID‐19 Vaccine Candidates Trials. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. doi: http://doi.org/10.1002/jcph.1868
- Dal-Ré, R. (2021). US FDA erratic approach to placebo-controlled trials after issuing an emergency use authorization for a COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccine, 39 (8), 1180–1182. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2021.01.050
- Yashchur, M. (2016). Results of introduction of the program correction of morphofunctional parameters of gymnasts for aged of 14–17 years into consideration the nutritional status. Lvivskyi derzhavnyi universytet fizychnoi kultury «Naukovyi chasopys NPU» imeni M. P. Drahomanova, 3 (72), 162–165. Available at: http://enpuir.npu.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/13965/1/Yaschur.pdf
- Usychenko, V. V., Byshyvets, N. I. (2010). Dosvid vykorystannia baz danykh pry rozrobtsi kompiuternoi prohramy «Atlet» dlia sportsmeniv yaki spetsializuiutsia z bodydildinhu. Teoriia i metodyka fizychnoho vykhovannia i sportu, 3, 67–70.
- Yashchur, M. (2009). Rozrobka informatsiinoi tekhnolohii «Test ratsionalnoho kharchuvannia» dlia otsinky faktychnoho kharchuvannia sportsmeniv ta yoho korektsii. Teoriia i metodyka fizychnoho vykhovannia i sportu, 2, 112–116.
- Hrabchenko, A. I., Fedorovych, V. O., Harashchenko, Ya. M. (2009). Metody naukovykh doslidzhen. Kharkiv: NTU «KhPI», 142. Available at: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/159817923.pdf
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Яна Олександрівна Білецька, Валерія Миколаївна Папакіна, Наталя Іванівна Данько, Лариса Іванівна Григорова-Беренда
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.