Determination of the country's place for the development of creative human capital in the global dimension
Keywords:creative human capital, creative class, digital economy, creativity, national economy
The object of this research is creative human capital. In the context of digitalization, creative human capital enhances the competitiveness of the national economy. This requires the creation of favorable conditions in countries for the formation and development of creative abilities among carriers of human capital. Creative human capital acquires special significance and additional value in the context of the spread of the use of digital technologies in business and production processes. It is creative human capital that creates added value through the ability to innovate. These processes are responsible for the growth in the need for creative skills of human capital. Therefore, in this work, using the example of Ukraine, the place of the country in the global dimension is determined in terms of the level of development of creative human capital in the context of the digitalization of the economy. To compare the national economy with other countries for the formation of creative human capital and the level of favorable environment for its development, the data of the Talent Competitiveness Index were used.
The definition of a country in the global digital landscape is based on the use of the author's typology of employment, identifies five types depending on the combination of creative and digital skills in the labor process. In order to interpret the data obtained, the assessment of employment is coupled with the results of an expert survey. The survey involved 108 experts representing various aspects of social and labor relations: employees, employers, authorities. The results of the expert survey showed the existing demand in the national labor market for human capital, which has mastered creative and digital skills and combines in the labor process. A serious challenge for the national economy is the imbalance in the labor and education markets; it turns out to be in the demand for human capital with creative skills and the backwardness of the education market with the training of relevant specialists. An important direction of strategizing the development of the national economy is determined by balancing the labor market and education through strengthening the focus of the formal education system on the formation of creative skills. Application of the proposed approach to defining the country in the global digital landscape is a convenient tool for monitoring the level and dynamics of the country's creative capital development, the results of which can be used in developing a national development strategy.
- Florida, R. (2002). Bohemia and economic geography. Journal of Economic Geography, 2 (1), 55–71. doi: http://doi.org/10.1093/jeg/2.1.55
- Florida, R. (2002). The rise of the creative class. The Washington Monthly, 9. Available at: https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/may-2002/the-rise-of-the-creative-class/
- Posnova, T. V. (2019). The Role of Creative Human Capital in the Knowledge Economy. Modern Economics, 14 (1), 232–236. doi: http://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.v14(2019)-36
- Florida, R. (2016) Kreativnii klass: liudi, kotorye sozdaiut buduschee. Moscow: MIF, 650.
- Azmuk, N. A. (2019). Kreatyvna zainiatist: sutnist, znachennia, napriamy. Rynok pratsi i zainiatist, 2, 30–38.
- Boden, M. A. (2004). The creative mind: Myths and mechanisms. Routledge, 2004. Available at: http://www.pauladaunt.com/books/The%20Creative%20Mind_%20Myths%20and%20Mechanisms.pdf
- The Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2020 (2020). GTCI. Available at: https://gtcistudy.com/the-gtci-index/
- Azmuk, N. A. (2020). Stratehichni napriamy zbalansuvannia rozvytku natsionalnoho rynku pratsi ta tsyfrovoi ekonomiky. Kyiv, 528.
- The Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2019 (2019). GTCI. 2019. Available at: https://gtcistudy.com/the-gtci-index/
- Schwab, K. (2019). The Global Competitiveness Report 2019. World Economic Forum. Available at: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2019.pdf
- Yatsun, O. M. (2014). Kreatyvnyi liudskyi kapital v prostori suspilstva znan: ekonomichnyi aspekt. Sotsialno-trudovi vidnosyny: teoriia ta praktyka, 2, 55–61.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Надія Анатоліївна Азьмук
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.