Definition of essence of concept approaches to crewing business conduct
Keywords:conceptual approach, parity of parties interests, economic approach to human behavior
It is a research of conceptual approaches to crewing business conduct. It is ascertained that their essential basements are determined by the interests of ship owner as principal and crewing company acting as servant on seaman labor market. Seaman is object in this business process though which principal and servant performing the service pursue their own interests. They treat the seaman interests as secondary and limited to assigning of salary.
On the other hand, seaman maximizing behavior in selection of employment variant means pursuit to unitize his limited resources (human capital, time, health) in the way to obtain maximal result in achieving competing goals, including of intangible nature (career, preservation of health, prestige of employment company, minimization of travel time, leaning the World, etc.)
The seaman subjectively estimates “weight” of positive and negative factors, determines his own “shadow” prices and selects the employment variant with maximal difference between summarized “shadow” prices of positive-negative factors and marginal utility of used resources.
In practice, seaman capability to take a decision based on such economic approach is limited as a rule.
This leads to considerable economic losses of ship owner and his servant due to early discharge of seaman from the ship, causes severe socio-psychological and economical damage to employee.That is to provide optimization of business concept of crewing activity by including seaman interests into structure of interest of principal and servant. The mechanism structure of making the most favorable employment decision by seaman basing on economic approach is offered.
1. Kryuingovyie kompanii. Obzor otrasli. Available: http://maritime-zone.com/articles/crewing/
2. Bundyuk, R. A. (2013). Formuvannya kompleksnoyi sistemi upravlInnya plavskladom sudnoplavnoyi kompaniyi. Kiev: MONMS Ukr., Kiyivska derzh. akad. vodnogo transportu Im. getmana P. Konashevicha-Sagaydachnogo, 20. Available: http://lib.sumdu.edu.ua/library/DocDescription?doc_id=372993
3. Ismailchuk, E. P. (2008). Struktura i mehanizm funktsionirovaniya kryuingovogo ryinka. Zbirnik nauk. prats «Metodi ta zasobi upravlInnya rozvitkom transportnih sistem», 14, 162–170. Available: http://archive.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/soc_gum/Mzurts/
4. Pasyuk, E. D. (2008). Mehanizm povyisheniya effektivnosti uslug, okazyivaemyih kryuingovyimi kompaniyami na morskom ryinke truda. Sankt-Peterburg, 18. Available at: engec.ru/system/files/old/121006255440978500.pdf
5. Lukashevich, V. M. (2006). Globalistika. Ed. 3. Lviv: Noviy svit-2000, 540.
6. Lukashevich, V. M. (2003). Ekonomika ta organizatsiya pratsi na morskomu transporti. Odesa: ONMU, 326.
7. Explanatory notes to SHIPMAN 98, BIMCO. Available: https://www.bimco.org/Chartering/Documents/Ship_Management/Withdrawn_Forms/SHIPMAN98/Explanatory_Notes_SHIPMAN98.aspx
8. Explanatory notes to CREWMAN A, BIMCO. Available: https://www.bimco.org/Chartering/Documents/Ship_Management/Withdrawn_Forms/CREWMAN_A/Explanatory_Notes_CREWMAN_A.aspx
9. Lukashevich, V. M. (2013). Metodologicheskie podhodyi k opredeleniyu osnovnyih ponyatiy kadrovogo menedzhmenta v sfere morskogo sudohodstva. Vestnik Astrahanskogo gosud. tehnich. un-ta. Seriya: Ekonomika, 2, 112–114.
10. MLC – Maritime Labour Convention. (2006). Available: http://www.ilo.org/dyn/normlex/en/f?p=NORMLEXPUB:91:0::NO::P91_ILO_CODE:C186
11. Mondi, U. R., Robert, M. N., Sheyn, R. P.; In: Andreeva, I. V., Kosheleva, S. V. (2004). Upravlenie personalom. SPb.: Izd. dom «Neva», 640.
12. Kornelius, N. (2005). NR menedzhment: Poisk, podbor, trening, adaptatsiya, motivatsiya, distsiplina, etika. Dnepropetrovsk: Balans Biznes Buks, 520.
13. Koul, Dz. (2004). Upravlenie personalom v sovremennyih organizatsiyah. Moscow: OOO «Vershina», 352.
14. Problemyi ekonomiko-pravovogo regulirovaniya morskogo biznesa. (2014). Odessa-Tallin-Stokgolm-Klaypeda. Available: http://erpp.ee/?m=201404
15. Bekker, G. S. (2003). Chelovecheskoe povedenie: ekonomicheskiy podhod: izbrannyie trudyi po ekonomicheskoy teorii. Moscow: G.U.VShE, 672.
16. Lukashevich, V. M. (2014). Upravlenie personalom. Lviv: Noviy svIt-2000, 501.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Виталий Матвеевич Лукашевич
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.