Reliability prediction of discrete devices by modeling the process of material degradation
Keywords:reliability, degradation, discrete device, composite material, algorithm, prediction
The paper studied the causes of degradation microcircuits that are made of semiconductors for reliability of discrete devices of computer systems. The function of reliability of discrete devices S based on the previously described model of composite materials, reflecting the behavior of the material discrete device with accounting completed physical processes in the material. In the analysis of metal-non-metal, metal-metal systems exists a special area - a thin layer that has excellent physical and chemical properties of major components and affect the reliability analysis of discrete devices. This layer is responsible for the strength of contact and is the link between phases.
To achieve this aim it is analyzed the causes of microcircuit degradation; it is given the classification of used methods for evaluating the reliability; the reliability prediction algorithm of discrete devices is described and the structure of intelligent subsystems of reliability prediction of discrete devices is given. The numerical implementation of these tasks carried out in accordance with the algorithm using existing mathematical software with some additions.
Research of mini-phase interaction models in composites allows to investigate treatment of a composite system in real time without substantial financial and material costs, which in turn allows to predict the causes of material degradation of discrete devices with greater accuracy.
- Gotra, Z. Yu., Nikolaev, I. M. (1978). Kontrol' kachestva i nadezhnost' mіkroshem. M.: Radio i sviaz', 168.
- Pogrebinskii, S. B., Strel'nikov, V. P. (1988). Proektirovanie i nadezhnost' mnogoprotsessornyh EVM. M.: Radio i sviaz', 165.
- Zlatkin, A., Kravchenko, O., Vovchanovskyy, A. (2014). Analysis of causes degradation of materials of discrete devices of computer systems. Technology Audit And Production Reserves, 5(3(19)), 37-41. doi:10.15587/2312-8372.2014.27934
- Konakova, R. V., Kordosh, P., Thorik, Yu. A. et al. (1986). Prognozirovanie nadezhnosti poluprovodnikovyh lavinnyh diodov. Kiev: Nauka dumka, 168.
- Oreshkin, P. T., Ryzhkov, S. V. (1984). Bar'ernyi sloi kak rezonator pri poverhnostno-bar'ernoi neustoichivosti. FTP, T. 18, № 6, 1102-1105.
- Baliga, B. J., Ehle, R., Sears, A., Campbell, P., Garwacki, W., Katz, W. (1982, July). Breakdown stability of gold, aluminum, and tungsten Schottky barriers on gallium arsenide. IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 3, № 7, 177–179. doi:10.1109/edl.1982.25528
- Dumas, J. M., Paugam, J., Le Mouellic, C., Boulaire, J. Y. (1983). Long term degradation of GaAs power MESFET’s induced by surface effects. 21th Ann. Proc. Reliab. Phys. Phoenix, Arizona, 226-228.
- Pirogov, Yu. A., Solodov, A. V. (2013). Povrezhdeniia integral'nyh mikroshem v poliah radioizlucheniia. Zhurnal radioelektroniki, № 6. Available: http://jre.cplire.ru/alt/jun13/15/text.html#14
- Akulova, G. V., Kornilova, T. A. (1980). Issledovanie defektov v arsenide galliia, vvodimyh pri termokompressii. Elektronnaia tehnika. Ser. 3. Mikroelektronika, V. 1, 61-64.
- Hahanov, V. I., Litvinova, E. I., Christopher Umerah Ngene. (2009). Servisnoe obsluzhivanie sovremennyh tsifrovyh sistem na kristallah. Radіoelektronnі і komp’iuternі sistemi, № 7, 319–323. Available: http://nbuv.gov.ua/j-pdf/recs_2009_7_59.pdf
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Available: http://newsoffice.mit.edu/
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Ольга Віталіївна Кравченко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.