Use of functional approach for effective management and expense tracking or restaurant business enterprises
Keywords:restaurant business, strategy, management, functional approach, classification, expenses, accounting, structure
The condition of the restaurant business in Ukraine has been studied, and this study showed that at present, many enterprises of the restaurant business cannot stand competition and close down in the context of crisis, high level of inflation, drop of income level of the population. However, the restaurant business is one of the most widespread types of small businesses both in Ukraine and in the world, so the basic directions of its improvement are specified in the article. It is proved that in spite of the large number of scientific papers and publications, the problematic issues of cost accounting at the enterprises of restaurant economy remain unsolved to the full extent. We investigated the role and place of distribution costs and production costs in the circulation of capital and defined their substantive content. It is proved that the activities and internal characteristics of any enterprise better reveal in the functions performed in it that requires a certain amount of time and resource expenses. Therefore, there is a direct link between the cost values for the realization of its common functions, size of the enterprise, features of its activity, sectoral affiliation, that answers the question about the sources of expenses. We suggested a functional and cost-based structure of restaurant business enterprises, recommended classification of expenditure of catering business enterprises, depending on the types of economic activity and enterprise management objectives, which is the basis for the introduction of functional reporting of expenses enterprises restaurant business and calculation of production costs at restaurant business enterprises, and which is also necessary for organization of managerial accounting.
- Worlds – 50 – best restaurants – revealed. Restaurant Magazine. Available: http://www.restaurantmagazine.com/2014
- Tsagolov, N. A., Anikin, A. V., Polianskii, F. Ya. et al.; In: Tsagolov, N. A. (1979). Adam Smit i sovremennaia politicheskaia ekonomiia. Moscow: MSU, 214.
- Rikardo, D. (1993). Nachala politicheskoi ekonomii i nalogovogo oblozheniia. Antologiia ekonomicheskoi klassiki. Vol. II. Moscow: Ekonov, 396.
- Laikko-Roto, T., Nevas, M. (2014, September). Restaurant business operators’ knowledge of food hygiene and their attitudes toward official food control affect the hygiene in their restaurants. Food Control, Vol. 43, 65–73. doi:10.1016/j.foodcont.2014.02.043
- Sanchez-Canizares, S. M. (2014). Restaurant. Encyclopedia of Tourism. Springer International Publishing, 1–2. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-01669-6_162-1
- Piatnytska, H. T. (2003). Inozemni investytsii v Ukrainu ta rozrobka naukovykh pidkhodiv do otsiniuvannia investytsiinoi pryvablyvosti restorannoho hospodarstva u rehionalnomu rozrizi. Derzhava ta rehiony, 4, 173–180.
- In: Zhuk, I. M. (2015). Statystychnyi shchorichnyk Ukrainy za 2014 r. Kyiv: Konsultatn, 586.
- Nasonova, O. (03.08.2015). Restorannyi biznes – 2015: vyzhivaet mudreishii. VideoArhiv transliatsii «Pervogo Delovogo». Available: http://fbc.net.ua/video/12450.
- Sotsialno-ekonomichne stanovyshche Ukrainy za 2014 rik. (2014). Ukrstat.org – State Statistics Service of Ukraine documents publishing. Available: http://ukrstat.org/druk/soc_ek/2014/arh_2014_u.htm
- In: Hlukhova, O. A. (2015). Sotsialno-ekonomichne stanovyshche Kharkivskoi oblasti za 2014 rik. Kharkiv: Holovne upravlinnia statystyky u Kharkivskii oblasti, 13.
- Tablytsia indeksiv infliatsii za 2015 r. Bukhhalterskyi oblik pidpryiemstv, bukhhalterskyi autsorsynh, obsluhovuvannia. Available: http://oblik-today.com.ua/ua/info/109-tablitsa-indeksiv-inflyatsii-za-2015r
- Setrov, M. I. (1992). Osnovy funktsional'noi teorii organizatsii. Moscow: Nauka, 156.
- Statsenko, V. V. (2009). Glavnaia tehnologiia uspeha. Karavan Plius, 11 (94), 82–84.
- Pro vnesennia zmin do Metodychnykh rekomendatsii z formuvannia skladu vytrat ta poriadok yikh planuvannia u torhovelnii diialnosti. Order of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine from 02.03.2010 № 226. Available: http://meold.kmu.gov.ua/minec/control/uk/publish/printable_article?art_id=145488
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Алла Павлівна Грінько, Ольга Олекасандрівна Кваша
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.