Analysis of business models and strategies of innovation development of logistics service providers
Keywords:innovative logistics, business model, logistics service provider, integrated logistics strategy
As a result of synthesis of theoretical development of foreign and domestic scientists, ordering experience of international and national logistics companies, basic characteristics of typical business models of logistics operators are established, relationship of internal and external factors and their impact on the individualized business models and corresponding strategies for innovation are defined. Double-pyramid model of relationship of innovative development factors is proposed for logistics service providers, optimum combination of which allows individualized business model and strategy of the company. The necessity of coordination these factors with target strategic guidelines of logistics service customers and led to the idea and a roadmap for formation of integrated logistics strategies to integrate operational and administrative processes of suppliers and customers in the supply chain, and create cross-functional project teams that generate synergies of knowledge, ideas, processes and effects. It is proved that the new business models of various types of logistics service providers require extensive use of modern information and communication technologies and business tools in the electronic environment. The emergence of new mobile and cloud technologies, social networks and large volumes of structured and unstructured data resulted in the birth of a «new style of IT», which enhances the flexibility and speed of information sharing, formation of collective experience, operational detect problems and make right management decisions. The proposed structure of information support systems of inter-organizational and cross-functional interaction in the implementation of integrated logistics strategies of innovation development determines the level of intellectualization of logistics activities, possibility of coordination of logistics processes along the supply chain, harmonization of relations between partners and their mutual loyalty.
- Flint, D. J., Larsson, E., Gammelgaard, B. (2008). Exploring processes for customer value insights, supply chain learning and innovation: an international study. Journal of Business Logistics, 29 (1), 257–281. doi:10.1002/j.2158-1592.2008.tb00078.x
- Wagner, S., Franklin, J. (2008). Why Lsps don’t leverage innovations. Supply Chain Quarterly, 2 (4), 66–71.
- Wallenburg, C. M. (2009). Innovation in logistics outsourcing relationships: proactive improvement by logistics service providers as a driver of customer loyalty. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 45 (2), 75–93. doi:10.1111/j.1745-493x.2009.03164.x
- Protsenko, Y. O. (2005). Innovatsionnaya lohistika – perspektivy i realii. Rossiyskoe predprinimatel'stvo, 12 (72), 89–94.
- Terenyna, Y. V. (2011). Formirovanie innovatsyonnoy lohistiki v strukture upravleniya predpriyatiem. Intehrirovannaya lohistika, 2, 14–17.
- Kurbatov, O., Novіkov, D., Novіkov, F. (2007). Bazovaya i innovatsіonnaya lohіstіka kak dve chastі edіnoy naukі y sferу deyatel'nostі. RYSK, 2, 60–67.
- Bachmaha, V. S., Belousova, L. A. (2015). Stratehіya vnedrenіya іnnovatsіonnoі lohіstіkі. Molodoі uchenyі, 6, 383–385.
- Serheev, V. Y. (2013). Korporatіvnaya lohіstіka v voprosakh і otvetakh. Moscow: ІNFRA-M, 633.
- Afanasenko, Y. D. (2012). Kommercheskaya lohіstіka. Saint Pitersburg: Pyter, 352.
- Fedotenkov, D. H. (2014). Innovatsiyonnaya lohistika kak odin iz klyuchey v razvytii ekonomiki. Molodoi uchenyi, 4, 623–627.
- Chukhray, N. I. (2012). Vzayemodiya uchasnykiv innovatsiynoho protsesu u lantsyuhu vartosti. Lviv: Publisher «Lviv Polytechnic», 348.
- Chukhray, N. I., Patora, R., Zahorodniy, A. H. et al. (2011). Upravlinnya innovatsiynymy protsesamy v mezhakh ekosystemy. Lviv: Publisher «Lviv Polytechnic», 206.
- Bujak, A., Gubskaya, N. (2012). Innovations and changes in the logistics tasks implementations. Studia Ekonomiczne / Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny w Katowicach, 45–58.
- Graig, T. (18.06.2015). Inaction by logistics service providers of e-commerce immediacy megatrend. Allentown. Available: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/inaction-logistics-service-providers-e-commerce-immediacy-tom-craig.
- Arthur D. Little. (2007). Innovation Excellence in Logistics. Value Creation by Innovation. Results of the ELA. Brussels: ELA European Logistics Association. Available: http://www.adlittle.com/downloads/tx_adlreports/ADL_Innovation_Excellence_in_Logistics.pdf
- Chan Kim, U., Moborn, R. (2012). Strategiia golubogo okeana. Kak naiti ili sozdat' rynok, svobodnyi ot drugih igrokov. Moscow: Mann, Ivanov i Ferber, 304.
- Fabbe-Costes, N., Jahre, M., Roussat, Ch. (2008). Towards a Typology of the Roles of Logistics Service Providers as Supply Chain Integrators. International Journal, 9 (2), 28–43.
- Dement'ev, A. V. (2013). Kontraktnaia logistika. Saint Pitersburg: OOO «Knizhnyi Dom», 146.
- Johnson, M. W. (2010). Seizing the White Space: Business Model Innovation for Growth and Renewa. Harvard Business Press, 208.
- Sivaks, A. N. (2015). Kraudsorsing kak sposob optimizatsii funktsionirovaniia predpriiatii. Internet-zhurnal «Naukovedenie», 1. Available: http://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/52EVN115.pdf. doi:10.15862/52EVN115
- Zhou, G., Panpan, X. (2010). The Research on Influence Factors of Logistics Service Innovation. Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on the Growth of Firms and Management Innovation, 430–435. Available: http://www.seiofbluemountain.com/upload/product/201010/2010qychzh07a5.pdf
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Марія Юріївна Григорак
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.