Algorithm design for formation of a new brand in Ukrainian market of meat processing industry
Keywords:branding of meat processing products, algorithm for formation of a new brand, competitiveness
Aggravation of competition in the domestic market of meat industry and the prospects opened due to the accession of Ukraine to the world economic space encourage manufacturers of meat products to the creation and use of original means of individualization of the entity and the products. One of the most effective means of product differentiation is branding. Despite the diversity of areas of research theory and practice of branding, covering issues from the perspective of product differentiation to ensure the competitiveness of enterprises in strategic perspective, now the formation and implementation of technological and functional component of brand management are insufficiently studied. The object of the study is the implementation of branding as a marketing tool of meat processing industry. The aim of the study – based on the generalization of theoretical concepts and practical experience to develop the conceptual basis of the formation of a new brand and offerred competitive adapted to local market conditions algorithm to form a new brand in the market of meat processing industry. Research showed that the subjects of economic activity of meat processing industry in Ukraine faced with conditions of high market saturation and increasing competition constantly. There are trends towards consolidation of production and folding of small producers. Given the need for enterprises of meat industry to use modified, adapted to local market conditions branding algorithm, we proposed algorithm design for formation of a new brand. The algorithm enables create competitive advantages at all levels at the stage of developing new brand on the basis of strengths of the company and customer values and ensure the long-term gains in market leadership, intra-company focusing and increased profitability.
- Ukhachevych, Ya. P., Dubodielova, A. V. (2006). Formuvannia pozytyvnoho imidzhu produktsii: torhova marka chy brend? Visnyk NU «Lvivska politekhnika». Seriia «Lohistyka», 552, 141–146.
- Ellwood, J.; Translated from English: Kapurevskii, Yu. N. (2002). 100 priiomov effektivnogo brendinga. St. Petersburg: Piter, 290.
- Cheverton, P.; Translated from English: Tkachenko, K. (2004). Pochemu vashch brend ne rabotaet? Moscow: FAIR-PRESS, 208.
- Randall, J.; Translated from English: Saharcheva, R. (2003). Brending: Kratkii kurs. Moscow: FAIR – PRESS, 213.
- Mark, M., Pearson, C.; Translated from English: Domnina, V., Suhenko, A. (2005). Geroi i buntar'. Sosdanie brenda s pomosh'iu arhetipov. St. Petersburg: Piter, 336.
- McNally, D., Speak, K.; Translated from English: Tkachenko, K. (2004). Kak vydelit'sia is tolpy, ili Formula personal'nogo brendinga. Moscow: FAIR – PRESS, 192.
- Golubkov, E. P. (1998). Marketingovye issledovaniia: teoriia, metodologiia i praktika. Moscow: Finpress, 416.
- Kevorkov, V. V. (2005). Praktikum po marketingu. Moscow: KNORUS, 418.
- Seliukov, M. V. (2012). Instrumentarii protsessa formirovaniia brenda regiona. FES: Finansy. Ekonomika. Strategiia: VGUIT, 8 (58), 35–40.
- Smirnov, E. A. (2004). Strategicheskii menedzhment, orientirovannyi na brend. Moscow: Vysshchee obrasovanie; Feniks, 320.
- Shustina, I. M. (2006). Uprovadzhennia systemy upravlinnia yakistiu produktsii na pidpryiemstvakh APK Ukrainy zghidno z mizhnarodnymy standartamy serii ISO 9000. Zovnishnia torhivlia: pravo ta ekonomika, 1, 38–41.
- Berg, P. O., Sevón, G. (2014, November). Food-branding places – A sensory perspective. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, 10 (S4), 289–304. doi:10.1057/pb.2014.29
- Hosseinzadeh, A., Azad, N., Seyed Ali Akbar, S. M. (2013). A study on the effect of brand experience on consumer purchase experiences: A case study of food industry. Decision Science Letters, 3, 93–102. doi:10.5267/j.dsl.2013.07.008
- Kovbasnyi rynok Ukrainy. Stud24. Available: http://www.stud24.ru/marketing/page1.html
- Ekonomichna statystyka. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Available: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Kim-Galimova, V., Butenko, A., Shchapoval, E., Gusenko, N. (16.09.2010). 50 samyh populiarnyh brendov Ukrainy. Reiting Fokusa. Focus. Available: https://focus.ua/ratings/143859/
- Вest global brands. 2010 rankings. Interbrand. Available: http://interbrand.com/best-brands/
- Obsor ukrainskogo sektora kolbasnyh isdelii. Mir produktov. Portal prodovolstvennoi promyshchlennosti. Available: http://www.prodinfo.com.ua/
- Bannikova, A. (2007). Suchasnyi brendynh. Reklamist, 4, 23–28.
- LePla, F. J., Parker, L. M.; Translated from English: Bozhuk, S. G. (2003). Integrirovannyi brending. St. Petersburg: PH «Neva»; Moscow: OLMA-PRESS Invest, 320.
- Volkova, N. I., Oklander, T. O. (2009). Marketynh. Odesa: Nauka i tekhnika, 160.
- Voichak, A. V. (1998). Marketynhovyi menedzhment. Kyiv: KNEU, 129.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Анна Олександрівна Вальтер
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.