New technologies of diagnostics of motivational sources of youth behavior
Keywords:behavior, consciousness, motivational values, spiral dynamics, gender differences
Non-constructiveness of the economic and political transformations of Ukrainian society negatively affected the collectivist values that would ensure its consolidation. This situation caused the topicality of seeking new technologies to develop values capable of humanization and solidarity of society. Particular concern in this context has the motivation in behavior of youth, together with ability and readiness to interact with other people. The article is aimed at verifying, with use of recommendations of the spiral dynamics theory by C. Graves, whether diagnosing the sources of youth behavior is possible, and on this basis determining the reserves of its self-identification.
The theory of C. Graves focuses on the multi-layered development spiral of human consciousness, in the unity of two components. The first component includes personal motivational values, the second – conditions of human existence in society. Conformity between the identified components ensures the harmonic function of both a human and his social environment.
Practice has shown that in today's world the development of social community is accompanied by complicacy of the consciousness of everyone involved into it, along with combining different levels of consciousness in the community. Understanding of systematized human values that are reflected in mind provides a basis for qualitative arranging activities of those people and organizations with whom a person comes in contact.
In this study, the following hypothesis has been formulated: formation of a human system of world perception is being influenced by some latent factors, which have gender differences. Verifying the hypothesis by means of estimating the students' levels of consciousness showed that for boys the most characteristic life values are being a member of a collective without losing own individuality, as well as rivalry for own advantages sake in a collective, with observance of the established rules. The girls see the main advantage in the values of holistic thinking, consider expedient for their lives to rely mostly on themselves, and will try for an independent decision of life's problems. A significant role in forming the girls’ consciousness also plays the values of compliance with certain rules, although these rules may complicate individual implementation of humanistic ideas and system thinking.
- Doronin, A. V., Polubedova, А. A. (2011). Personnel labor behavior management. Preconditions of the paradigm. Nauka i Studia, 11 (42), 16–25.
- Emery, F. E. (1965). The Causal Texture of Organizational Environments. Human Relations, 18 (1), 21–32. doi:10.1177/001872676501800103
- Drucker, P. F. (1954). The Practice of Management. New York, 404.
- Drucker, P. F. (1986). Technology, Management and Society. Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd, 184. doi:10.4324/9780080928876
- McClelland, D. C. (1975). Power: The Inner Experience. New York. Irvington Publishers, 427.
- Schein, E. H. (1992). Organizational Culture and Leadership. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers, 418.
- Piazhe, Zh. (1994). Izbrannye psihologicheskie trudy. Moscow, 580.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg">Kohlberg, L. (1969). Stage and Sequence: The Cognitive-Developmental Approach To Socialization. Rand McNally, 134.
- Maslow, A. H. (1943). A theory of human motivation. Psychological Review, 50 (4), 370–396.doi:10.1037/h0054346
- Graves, C. W. (1970). Levels of Existence: an Open System Theory of Values. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 10 (2), 131–155. doi:10.1177/002216787001000205
- Bek, D., Kovan, K. (2010). Spiral'naia dinamika. Upravliaia tsennostiami, liderstvom i ismeneniiami v XXI veke. Moscow: Otkrytyi mir, 420.
- Kapterev, A. (02.06.2006). Evoliutsiia tsennostei: Teoriia Greivsa i Spiral'naia dinamika. Nlping. Available: http://nlping.ru/432CBFC3-F44FD-314CDA54
- Kapterev, A. (20.09.2007). Spiral'naia Dinamika. Institut Neokoda. Available: http://www.newcode.ru/doku.php/spiral-dynamics
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Андрій Віталійович Доронін, Степан Андрійович Доронін
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.