Design of new food for diet purposes according to consumer preferences
Keywords:consumer properties, meat product, dietary product, quality house, QFD methodology
The article studies the design of a new meat product of dietary use in accordance with consumer preferences. The object of research is potential consumers of meat products. 210 people who participated in the experiment were practically healthy, 390 people had certain diseases. Namely: 109 people with iodine deficiency states, 154 people with celiac disease, 127 people with type 2 diabetes. The subject of research is their consumer preferences. Analyzing the survey data, it is found that consumers' conscious requirements for a new meat product of dietary use are dietary properties and usual organoleptic characteristics, long shelf life and low price of the finished product. Not aware of the requirements is a natural composition that is balanced depending on dietary purpose, the presence of safe functional ingredients and the absence of negative effects on the body. It has been established that when producing meat products for patients with celiac disease, wheat flour should be completely excluded from the formulations of meat products, replacing it with gluten-free flours, soybean chickpeas, which will enrich meat products with essential amino acids. Such a replacement is also appropriate for people with diabetes, where the amount of easily digestible carbohydrates should be limited. As for the consumer preferences of people with iodine deficiency, the representatives of this segment want to consume meat products that are carriers of organic iodine and selenium with reduced salt content. The application of the QFD methodology will minimize the discrepancy between the meat product manufacturer and the consumer's requirements for the product after its launch. And will ensure high value and at the same time relatively low cost of the product by minimizing the cost of correcting the discrepancy.
- Mardar, M. R., Kordzaia, N. R. (2013). Medical and biological estimation of bread made from a whole wheat grain with inclusion of root crops. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (10 (64)), 34–39. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/16311
- Matison, V. A., Kantere, V. M. (2012). Kliento-orientirovannoe konstruirovanie produktov pitaniia. Pischevaia promyshlennost, 2, 8–11.
- Pro skhvalennia proektu Kontseptsii Derzhavnoi naukovo-tekhnichnoi prohramy «Biofortyfikatsiia ta funktsionalni produkty na osnovi roslynnoi syrovyny na 2012–2016 roky» (2011). Postanova NAN Ukrainy No. 189. 08.06.2011. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0189550-11?lang=uk
- Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii Zahalnoderzhavnoi prohramy «Zdorovia 2020: ukrainskyi vymir» (2011). Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy No. 1164-r. 31.10.2011. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/244717787
- Tsymbalysta, N. V., Davydenko, N. V. (2008). Stan faktychnoho kharchuvannia naselennia ta alimentarne obumovlena zakhvoriuvanist. Problemy kharchuvannia, 1-2, 32–35.
- Matison, V. A., Demidova, N. A. (2012). Primenenie metoda razvertyvaniia funkcii kachestva dlia konstruirovaniia produkta v pischevoi promyshlennosti. Pischevaia promyshlennost, 4, 44–45.
- Doronin, A. F., Ipatova, L. G., Kochetkova, A. A. et. al. (2009). Funkcionalnye pischevye produkty. Vvedenie v tekhnologiiu. Moscow: DeLi print, 288.
- Akao, Y. (1990). Quality Function Deployment (QFD). Integrating customer requirements into product design. Portland: Productivity Press, 369.
- Misuno, S., Akao, Y. (1994). QFD. The customer-driven approach to quality planning and deployment. Tokyo: Asian Productivity Organization, 365.
- Маrdar, M. R. (2013). Application of the method of quality functional deployment when developing a new extruded product. Meridian ingineresc, 2, 30–33.
- Suvorova, L. A., Cvirov, R. P. (2005). Primenenie metodologii QFD i statisticheskikh metodov v upravlenii kachestvom produkcii na promyshlennom predpriiatii. Kachestvo, innovacii, obrazovanie, 2, 72–78.
- Yegorov, B. V., Mardar, M. R. (2012). Development of production principles for functional foods. Proceedings of 6th Central European Congress on Food. Novi Sad: Institute of Food Technology, 319–323.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Yana Biletska, Olha Bilovska, Аnna Zaitseva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.