Research of technological properties of biochemically modified pectin substances
Keywords:low-esterified pectin substances, solubility, viscosity, calcium salt, pectin methyl esterase, gel formation
The paper presents the results of experimental studies to determine the mass fraction of effectors – calcium ions, which allow you to adjust the solubility of low-esterified pectin gel to create structural compositions depending on the time and concentration of enzymatic de-esterification of pectin in the solution.
Injection of calcium salts in a mixture having influence on both the solubility and the viscosity characteristics and the gelling ability of modified pectin solution. With injection of calcium salts in solution of citrus pectin it is observed their different behavior depending on the nature of amount of salts and introduced pectin. With an increase in the mass fraction of low-esterified pectin and calcium salts take place a gradual increase in viscosity of the solution with a transition to the dense gel, but higher concentrations of calcium lead to syneresis process.
It has been established that structural and mechanical properties of the gel affect the amount and type of pectin, as well as in its content in the composition of calcium ions. It is shown that low-esterified pectin substances may make up the thermoreversible gels. Anions of calcium salts significantly affect the structuring of the pectin and calcium cation allows receiving a variety of gel compositions with a mass fraction of pectin is not less than 0,6 g per 100 cm3, which is important for producing structured and canned foods.
- Golubev, V. N., Sheluhina, N. P. (1995). Pektin: himija, tehnologija, primenenie. M.: Izd. ATN RF, 373.
- Heyraud, A., Leonard, C. (1990, April). Structural characterization of alginates by liquid chromatographies. Food Hydrocolloids, Vol. 4, № 1, 59–68. doi:10.1016/s0268-005x(09)80328-7
- Akahane, T., Takeuchi, S., Minakata, A. (1990, October). Conductimetric titration of polyelectrolytes having sulfate and carboxyl groups. Polymer Bulletin, Vol. 24, № 4, 437–444. doi:10.1007/bf00294098
- Hyde-Smith, J. I. (1988). Pectin the fluit-based additive. Food Thade Rev., 10, 577-579.
- Osol, A., Farrar, G. (1995). The Disrensatory of the United States of America. Philadelphia, Montreal: J.B. Zippincott company, 979-980.
- Slivkin, A. I. (2000). Poliuronidy. Struktura, svoistva, primenenie (obzor). Vestnik VGU. Seriia: himiia, biologiia, 30-46.
- Kohn, R. (1975, January 1). Ion binding on polyuronates - alginate and pectin. Pure and Applied Chemistry, Vol. 42, № 3, 371–397. doi:10.1351/pac197542030371
- Glikman, S. A., Orlov, S. I. (1962). Priroda i svoistva pektinovyh studnei. Sborn. materialov Vsesoiuz. soveshch. po vopr. Tehn. i himii pektina. M., 55-56.
- Bezusov, A. T., Belousova, I. A., Nikitchina, T. I. (2008). Vliianie sposobov deeterifikatsii pektinovyh veshchestv na ih rastvorimost' v kislyh seredah. Naukovo-virobnichii zhurnal. Harchova nauka і tehnologіia, 2 (2), 27-30.
- Dangler, K. (1993). Texturing of gum and gel articles using classic apple pectin. Food Market and Technol., 7 (4), 22-28.
- Nikitchina, T. I., Bezusov, A. T. (2014). Vliianie prirody solei kal'tsiia na tehnologicheskie svoistva biohimicheski modifitsirovannyh pektinovih veshchestv. Nauchno-proizvodstvennyi zhurnal. Pishchevaia nauka i tehnologiia, 4 (29), 18-22
- Nіkіtchіna T. І. (2014). Oderzhannia pektinmetilesteraz z vіdhodіv konservnih pіdpriєmstv. Sbornik materialov ІІ Mezhnarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii “Himiia, bio- і nanotehnologii, ekologiia i ekonomika v pishchevoi i kosmeticheskoi promyshlennosti”. Kh.: NTU „KhPI”, 124-129.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Татьяна Ивановна Никитчина
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.