Risk assessment of logistic activities in foreign economic activity as a component of efficient management by a pharmaceutical company
Keywords:pharmaceutical enterprise, risk, logistics, management, evaluation, drugs
Aim. The aim of the study is to develop a methodology for assessing the level of risk of the logistic component of foreign economic activity (FEA) of the pharmaceutical company (PhCo).
Materials and methods. The study used methods of synthesis, analysis and synthesis, content analysis. To determine the risks of logistics in the foreign trade of pharmaceutical companies, an expert survey method was used. The survey was attended by leading specialists of departments of PhCo, whose functional responsibilities are related to the implementation of FEA. The total number of experts was 50 people. 100 % of respondents have a higher education, they are divided into the work experience: 0-10 years - 11 %, 11-20 years - 27 %, 21-25 years - 53 %, over 25 years - 8 %. According to the gender, 83 % of women and 17 % of men participated in the survey. Experts' conclusions are grounded.
Results. It is determined that under the risk of logistics in the field of foreign trade of pharmaceutical companies it is appropriate to understand the likelihood of occurrence of events in the field of foreign trade of PhCo in relation to the management of all types of flows when they pass through the country's borders, which leads to certain consequences in space and time, namely, loss of part of the company's income, foreign partners, delays in fulfilling obligations to other partners in the untimely delivery of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), fines, penalties, etc. It is proved that the risks of logistic activity in the field of foreign economic activity on the basis of the species include the following subspecies: the risk of partnership, information, transport, innovation, organization, procurement of imported API, main and auxiliary materials, sale (export) of finished medicines, storage and loss of profit.
Conclusions. The conducted research has led to the conclusion that the effectiveness of the functioning of PhCo is also influenced by the risks of logistics in the field of FEA
- Pro zovnishnoekonomichnu diialnist (1998). Zakon Ukrainy No. 959-XII. 16.04.1991. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/959-12?find=1&text=%F0%E8%E7%E8%EA
- Оrlik, І. О. (2012). Problems and priorities of development of foreign economic activity of enterprises of trade of Ukraine. Scientific announcer NLТU Ukraine, 22.2, 216–221.
- Pаnnа, А. О. (2018). A Role of foreign economic activity is in the increase of competitiveness of agrarian enterprises. Advanced technologies of science and education. Available at: http://intkonf.org/panna-ao-rol-zovnishnoekonomichnoyi-diyalnosti-v-pidvischenni-konkurentospromozhnosti-agrarnih-pidpriemstv/
- Khudokormov, A. G. (Ed.) (2007). Istoriia ekonomicheskikh uchenii (sovremennii etap). Moscow: INFRA-M, 733.
- Vitlinskyy, V. V., Skitsko, V. I. (2013). Conceptual grounds of modelling and managing logistics risk of an enterprise. Problemy ekonomiky, 4, 246–253.
- Zarichkova, M. V., Tolochko, V. M. (2008). Optymizatsiia zovnishnotorhovelnoi diialnosti vitchyznianykh farmatsevtychnykh optovykh ta optovo-rozdribnykh pidpryiemstv (orhanizatsii). Kharkiv: NFaU, 28.
- Nemchenko, A. S. (2017). Orhanizatsiia ta ekonomika farmatsii. Part 1. Orhanizatsiia farmatsevtychnoho zabezpechennia naselennia. Kharkiv: NFaU: Zoloti storinky, 327.
- Lebedinets, V. A., Kovalenko, S. N. (2011). Estimation, analysis and management of quality risks at the pharmaceutical enterprise. Management, Economics and Quality Assurance in Pharmacy, 6 (20), 10–15.
- Evtushenko, H. N., Mnushko, Z. N., Nemtsova, V. D. (2010). A study of risks in the state sector of health protection. Management, Economics and Quality Assurance in Pharmacy, 4 (12), 50–55.
- Bauersoks, D. Dzh., Kloss, D. Dzh. (2008). Logistiks. Мoscow: «OLIMP-BIZNES», 636.
- Pelenskyy, R. A. (2012). A specific of logistic is during realization of foreign economic activity by enterprises of Ukraine (FEA). Naukovyi visnyk LNUVNBT imeni S. Zh. Hzhytskoho, 14 (2 (52)), 4, 80–86.
- Brodetskii, G. L. (2006). Modelirovanie logisticheskikh sistem. Optimalnye resheniia v usloviiakh riska. Moscow: Vershina, 376.
- Krykavskyi, Ye. V.; Krykavskyi, Ye. V. (Ed.) (2008). Ekonomika lohistychnykh system. Lviv: Vyd-vo Nats. un-tu «Lvivska politekhnika», 596.
- Pro zabezpechennia masshtabnoi ekspansii eksportu tovariv (robit, posluh) ukrainskoho pokhodzhennia shliakhom strakhuvannia, harantuvannia ta zdeshevlennia kredytuvannia eksportu (2016). Zakon Ukrainy No. 1792-VIII. 20.12.2016. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1792-19
- Posylkina, O. V., Sahaidak-Nikitiuk, R. V., Zahorii, H. V., Horbunova, O. Yu., Yurchenko, A. P. (2011). Lohistychnyi menedzhment farmatsevtychnoho pidpryiemstva. Kharkiv: NFaU, 772.
- Amitan, V. N., Larina, R. R., Pliushenko, V. L. (2003). Lohistyzatsiia protsesiv v orhanizatsiino-ekonomichnykh systemakh. Donetsk: TOV «Yuho-Vostok, LTD», 73.
- Sahaidak-Nikitiuk, R. V., Posylkina, O. V. (2009). Metodyka upravlinnia lohistychnymy ryzykamy v umovakh farmatsevtychnoi haluzi. Farmakom, 3, 62–67.
- The Pharmaceutical Industry in Figures. The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations. Available at: https://www.efpia.eu/media/219735/efpia-pharmafigures2017_statisticbroch_v04-final.pdf
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Natalia Zaharko, Rita Sahaidak-Nikitiuk, Natalia Demchenko
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.