Peculiarities of the application of blended learning at the dental faculty in the extreme conditions of modern times
Keywords:innovative pedagogical technologies, blended learning, dental faculty, pedagogical process
The organization of the educational process in medical institutions of higher education (HEIs) requires compliance with high standards of training. Undoubtedly, qualified specialists in the medical field are a priority link in the construction of the health care system of Ukraine. The prototype is the model of the European health care system. The competitiveness of medical staff on the world market is the key to increasing the level of medical care for the population. This requires the creation and implementation of new educational and clinical technologies. Continuous civilizational progress prompts medical higher education institutions to search for and implement new pedagogical approaches in training students of higher education. Consolidation of the work of Ukrainian and foreign scientists to search for new scientific and pedagogical technologies is a characteristic feature of the continuous development of the educational potential of higher education institutions. Their creation is aimed at increasing the effectiveness of the interaction between teachers and students, by achieving the educational goals and predicting probable results. It is worth noting, that despite the significant success of the scientific and pedagogical community in this direction, today there is no single model of pedagogical activity that can fully meet the high standards of higher education. Widespread implementation of information technologies creates new opportunities in the design of models of the pedagogical process that meet the challenges of today. The high quality of training of students of higher education in dental specialties is an important and highly responsible link of the state health care system. The article demonstrates the prospects of introducing blended learning for practically-oriented disciplines, analyzes the role of innovative pedagogical technologies of blended learning in providing comprehensive training of specialists in the dental field, and compares the peculiarities of the pedagogical process during the period of quarantine restrictions and military actions
- Malaniuk, N. (2020). Innovative pedagogical technologies in professional education. Pedagogy of the Formation of a Creative Person in Higher and Secondary Schools, 3 (70), 113–118. doi: https://doi.org/10.32840/1992-5786.2020.70-3.21
- Majumdar, A. Blended Learning: Different combinations that work. Available at: http://goo.gl/ksNYi1
- Antonova, O. Ye. (2015). Pedahohichni tekhnolohii ta yikh klasyfikatsiia yak naukova problema. Suchasni tekhnolohii v osviti. P. 1. Suchasni tekhnolohii navchannia. Kyiv, 2, 8–15.
- Rasheed, R. A., Kamsin, A., Abdullah, N. A. (2020). Challenges in the online component of blended learning: A systematic review. Computers & Education, 144, 103701. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2019.103701
- Vallée, A., Blacher, J., Cariou, A., Sorbets, E. (2020). Blended Learning Compared to Traditional Learning in Medical Education: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22 (8), e16504. doi: https://doi.org/10.2196/16504
- Dakhi, O., Jalius, J., Dedy, I. (2020). Blended learning: a 21st century learning model at college. International Journal Of Multi Science, 1.08, 50–65.
- Müller, C., Mildenberger, T. (2021). Facilitating flexible learning by replacing classroom time with an online learning environment: A systematic review of blended learning in higher education. Educational Research Review, 34, 100394. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.edurev.2021.100394
- Rafiola, R. H., Setyosari, P., Radjah, C. L., Ramli, M. (2020). The Effect of Learning Motivation, Self-Efficacy, and Blended Learning on Students’ Achievement in The Industrial Revolution 4.0. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (IJET), 15 (8), 71–82. doi: https://doi.org/10.3991/ijet.v15i08.12525
- Nijakowski, K., Lehmann, A., Zdrojewski, J., Nowak, M., Surdacka, A. (2021). The Effectiveness of the Blended Learning in Conservative Dentistry with Endodontics on the Basis of the Survey among 4th-Year Students during the COVID-19 Pandemic. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18 (9), 4555. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18094555
- Ullah, R., Siddiqui, F., Adnan, S., Afzal, A. S., Sohail Zafar, M. (2021). Assessment of blended learning for teaching dental anatomy to dentistry students. Journal of Dental Education, 85 (7), 1301–1308. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/jdd.12606
- Kuchyn, Yu. L., Naumenko, O. M., Vlasenko, O. M., Kaniura, O. A., Tytykalo, V. S. ta in. (2021). Metodychni rekomendatsii shchodo roboty na platformi dystantsiinoho navchannia likar_nmu. Kyiv, 120.
- Kuchyn, Yu. L., Kaniura, O. A., Melnyk, V. S., Stuchynska, N. V., Mykytenko, P. V. (2022). Simulation technologies in the system of training future doctors under COVID-19 conditions. Pedagogical Sciences Reality and Perspectives, 86, 132–141. doi: https://doi.org/10.31392/npu-nc.series5.2022.86.26
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Bohdan Melnyk, Alexander Kaniura, Tatiana Kostiuk
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree to the following conditions:
1. The authors reserve the right to authorship of the work and pass the first publication right of this work to the journal under the terms of a Creative Commons CC BY, which allows others to freely distribute the published research with the obligatory reference to the authors of the original work and the first publication of the work in this journal.
2. The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive work distribution in the form in which it has been published by the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.