Antipyretic activity of the new 2-(((3-mercapto-5-methyl-4н-1,2,4-triazol-4-yl)imino)methyl)-5-r-benzoates
Keywords:1, 2, 4-triazole derivatives, organic synthesis, biological activity, antipyretic activity, antipyretics, hyperthermia
Temperature rise is an important defensive mechanism of the body that activates immune system and increases phagocytosis, suppressing viral and microbial growth. Antipyretic activity, which involves the increase of thermolysis through angiectasis of skin vessels and heightened sweat production, is largely connected with a relaxing effect on the diencephalon’s thermoregulation centers’ irritation that may be altered due to disease.
Body temperature higher than 39°C poses a threat to human health, including people of any age, from kids to adults of all ages.
Despite analgesics’ high effectiveness, their use is not entirely safe. The use of aspirin impairs blood coagulation and increases the risk of inflammatory processes in gastroenteric tract and causes angiasthenia.
The search and study of the new highly effective antipyretic medicines is greatly relevant nowadays.
The aim of this work is to conduct a pharmacological screening over the new antipyretic drugs, specifically the derivatives of 2-(((3-mercapto-5-methyl-4Н-1,2,4-triazol-4-yl)imino)methyl)-5-R-benzoate that were obtained for the first time.
Materials and methods.
The objects of the research were the new 2-(((3-mercapto-5-methyl-4Н-1,2,4-triazol-4-yl)imino)methyl)-5-R-benzoate derivatives.
The experimental fever was caused in white nonlinear rats by administrating 2,4-dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP), a dividing agent in oxidative phosphorylation, at the dose of 20 mg/kg. Acetylsalicylic acid was administrated to the reference group of animals at the dose of 100 mg/kg.
The substances of research were administrated in 30 minutes (Т0,5) after rats received 2,4-DNP, body temperatures were recorded during 1 hour (Т1). The initial rectal temperature (Т0) was recorded prior the abdominal injection of 2,4-DNP. Acetylsalicylic acid was used as a reference substance at the dose of 100 mg/kg.
Results and discussion.
The results of the experiment established that in 30 minutes after the abdominal injection of 2,4-DNP, body temperature in the population of rats (n=133) was in range from 37.36 °C to 38.37 °C on average (ΔТ=0.88°C).
As for the reference substance acetylsalicylic acid, it caused a 3 % decrease of body temperature in rats with a modeled pathology (ΔТ=-1.2 °С, р≤0.05) with relation to the reference group.
The results demonstrated that antipyretic activity of some of the substances was better than that of the reference substance. Hence, substances IV, V, and VIII decreased body temperature in rats by more than 0.39 %.
Among the studied entities, substances IV and V are the most promising; they decreased body temperature in rats by 4.66-4.95 %, or by 1.19-2.10°C, with relation to the reference group.
New 2-(((3-mercapto-5-methyl-4Н-1,2,4-triazol-4-yl)imino)methyl)-5-R-benzoate derivatives were obtained. Ammonium 2-(((3-mercapto-5-methyl-4Н-1,2,4-triazol-4-yl)imino)methyl)-5-R-benzoate is the most active substance. Introduction of inorganic cations leads to the loss of activity. Introduction of piperedinium leads to a slight increase of activity, but still it is weaker than that of the reference substance
- Bielousov, Yu. B., Gurevich, K. G., Chausova, S. V. (2015). OTS analgetiki-antipiretiki dlia priyoma vnutr’: Mekhanizm deystviya i profil bezopasnosti [OTC analgesics, antipyretics for ingestion: Mechanism of action and safety profile]. Academic Journal of Medical Research, 1, 79–82.
- Astafieva, N. G., Gamova, I. V., Kobzev, D. U., Udovichenko, E. N., Perfilova, I. A., Mikhailova, I. E. (2016). Nesteroidnyye protivovospalitelnyye preparaty kak prichina obostreniya astmy i drugikh respiratornykh zabolevaii: diagnostika i lecheniye [Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as a cause of exacerbating (worsening) asthma and other respiratory diseases: diagnosis and treatment]. Attending doctor, 5, 7–11.
- Brenner, G. M., Stevens, C. W. (2012). Pharmacology. Philadelphia: Elsevier/Saunders, 528.
- Berger, J. S., Krantz, M. J., Kittelson, J. M., Hiatt, W. R. (2009). Aspirin for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Peripheral Artery Disease. JAMA, 301 (18), 1909–1919. doi: http://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2009.623
- Klekot, O. O., Yakovleva, O. O. (2016). Bezpeka zastosuvannia paratsetamolu v klinichnii praktytsi [Safety of use of paracetamol in clinical practice]. Pain Medicine, 3 (3), 41–48.
- Magni, A. M., Scheffer, D. K., Bruniera, P. (2011). Antipyretic effect of ibuprofen and dipyrone in febrile children. Jornal de Pediatria, 87 (1), 36–41. doi: http://doi.org/10.2223/jped.2060
- Jacob, J. H., Irshaid, F. I., Al-Soud, Y. A. (2013). Antibacterial activity of some selected 1,2,4-triazole derivatives against standard, environmental, and medical bacterial strains. Advanced Studies in Biology, 5 (6), 291–301. doi: http://doi.org/10.12988/asb.2013.3418
- Rud, A. M., Kaplaushenko, A. H., Kutcheriavii, Yu. M. (2015). Vstanovlennia pokaznykiv diuretychnoi aktyvnosti riadu (4-amino-5-(alkitio)-1,2,4-triazol-3-il)(fenil)metanoliv [Evaluation of diuretic activity of the derivatives of (4-amino-5-(alkythio)-1,2,4-triazol-3-yl)(phenyl)methanol]. Proceedings from Modern Perspectives in Medicine and Pharmacy 2015. Zaporizhzhia: Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, 16.
- Pruglo, Ye. S., Odintsova, V. M., Safonov, A. A. (2013). Zharoznyzhuvalna diya novyh hidrazydiv 2-(5-(adamantan-1-il)-4-R-1,2,4-tryazol-3-iltio)atsetativ [Antipyretic activity of 2-(5-(adamantan-1-yl)-4-R-1,2,4-triazol-3-ylthio)acetate hydrazides]. Pharmaceutical review, 3, 45–49.
- Scherbyna, R. O. (2016). Doslidzhennia zharoznyzhuvalnoyi diyi novyh S-pokhidnyh 1,2,4-tryazolu, schio mistiat morfolinometylenovyi zamisnyk [Study of antipyretic activity of the new S-derivatives of 1,2,4-triazole that contain morpholinomethylene substituent]. Pharmaceutical Journal, 3 (4), 100–104.
- Gatsura, V. V. (1974). Metody perfichnykh issledovanii farmacologicheskikh issledovanii biologicheski aktivnykh veschestv [Methods of primary pharmacological research of biologically active entities]. Moscow: Meditsyna, 142.
- Prozorovskiy, V. B., Prozorovskaya, M. P., Demchenko, V. M. (1978). Ekspress-metod opredeleniya srednei effektivnoi dozy i ee oshibki [Fast method of determination of average effective dose and its error]. Pharmacology and Toxicology, 4, 497–502.
- Rebrova, O. V. (2002). Statisticheskii analiz meditsynskikh dannykh. Primeneniye paketa prikladnykh programm STATISTICA [Statistical analysis of medical data. STATISTICA software application]. Moscow: Media Sfera, 312.
- Lapach, S. N., Chubachenko, A. V., Babich, P. N. (2001). Statisticheskiye metody v mediko-biologicheskih issledovaniyah s ispolzovaniyem Excel [Statistical methods in biomedical research with use of Excel]. Kyiv: Morion, 408.
- Cai, H., Huang, X., Xu, S., Shen, H., Zhang, P., Huang, Y. et. al. (2016). Discovery of novel hybrids of diaryl-1,2,4-triazoles and caffeic acid as dual inhibitors of cyclooxygenase-2 and 5-lipoxygenase for cancer therapy. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 108, 89–103. doi: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2015.11.013
- Akhter, W., Amir, M. (2014). Synthesis of some new 1,2,4-triazoles and 1,3,4-oxadiazoles as a safer anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 8 (9), 1239–1247.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 Tatyana Kravchenko, Оleksandr Panasenko, Yevgen Knysh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.