Sociometry as a method for assessing the socio-psychological climate in pharmacies
Keywords:socio-psychological climate, pharmacy, sociometry, evaluation, pharmacy specialist
Aim. The aim of the study is to adapt the sociometric method of assessment of socio-psychological climate in the pharmacy due to questionnaire design, the construction of sociometric matrix and development of sociogram.
Materials and methods. The study used methods of generalization, analysis and synthesis, content analysis. A sociological survey was used to determine the level of the socio-psychological climate in a pharmacy institution. The survey involved all team members who work in an institution. The study covered all regions of Ukraine. The total number of pharmacies that participated in the sociological survey is 92 pharmacies. There were 51 valid questionnaires. Some pharmacy experts chose incorrect answers - "I choose everyone" or "with everyone". Such answers are explained by the indifference and amorphousness of the relationships within the team or by providing deliberately incorrect answers.
Results. Theoretical bases of estimation of social-psychological climate are investigated. The relevance of the study of interpersonal relationships and conflict situations that have developed in the team is substantiated. The expediency of using the sociometric method for estimating the socio-psychological climate in the pharmacy institution has been proved. An algorithm for conducting a sociometric study in a pharmacy institution is proposed. A sociometric card has been developed that can be used to evaluate the socio-psychological climate of a pharmacy institution. The form of the final socio-matrix and the target sociogram are given. It is suggested to determine the magnitude of sociometric status and emotional expansiveness of pharmacy pharmacy specialists.
Conclusions. The study allowed to conclude that it is advisable to use sociometric method adapted to the conditions of pharmacy to evaluate the socio-psychological climate in the pharmacy
- Popov, D. G. (2009). Moral-psychological status of officials and social-psychological climate of work collective. Legal psychology, 4, 26–29.
- Aikins, J. W., Litwack, S. D. (2011). Prosocial skills, social competence, and Popularity. New York: The Guilford Press, 356.
- Aronson, E., Wilson, T. D., Akert, R. (2014). Sozialpsychologie. Hallbergmoos: Pearson, 201.
- Bossaert, G., Colpin, H., Pijl, S. J., Petry, K. (2013). Truly included? A literature study focusing on the social dimension of inclusion in education. International Journal of Inclusive Education, 17 (1), 60–79. doi: http://doi.org/10.1080/13603116.2011.580464
- Berkowitz, L. (2008). On the consideration of automatic as well as controlled psychological processes in aggression. Aggressive Behavior, 34 (2), 117–129. doi: http://doi.org/10.1002/ab.20244
- Scott, J. (2013). Social Network Analysis. Los Angeles, 51.
- Cillessen, A. H. N. (2011). Toward a Theory of Popularity. New York: The Guildford Press, 426.
- Cillessen, A. H. N., Marks, P. E. L. (2011). Conceptualizing and Measuring Popularity. New York, London: The Guildford Press, 183.
- Schwartz, D., Gorman, A. H., Nakamoto, J., McKay, T. (2006). Popularity, social acceptance, and aggression in adolescent peer groups: Links with academic performance and school attendance. Developmental Psychology, 42 (6), 1116–1127. doi: http://doi.org/10.1037/0012-1622.214.171.1246
- Dollase, R. (2013). Soziometrie – Anfänge, historische Entwicklung und Aktualität. Soziometrie. München: Springer VS, 15–29. doi: http://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-531-18981-9_1
- Tolochko, V. M., Mishchenko, I. V., Artiukh, T. O. (2015). Orhanizatsiino-psykholohichni aspekty upravlinnia robochoiu hrupoiu. Kharkiv: NFaU, 28.
- Maklakov, A. G. (2009). Obschaia psikhologiia. Saint Petersburg: Piter, 482.
- Vasilchenko, O. P. (2011). Socialno-psikhologicheskii klimat – diagnostika i formirovanie. Spravochnik kadrovika, 8, 8–9.
- Popova, G. V., Bogdan, Zh. B. (2014). Sociometricheskoe issledovanie dinamicheskikh processov v maloi gruppe. Warszawa: Diamond trading tour, 36.
- Kalashnikova, А. Е. (2014). Socio-psychological climate in the workplace. Psychology, Sociology and Pedagogy, 5 (32). Available at: http://psychology.snauka.ru/2014/05/3177
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Natalia Andrienko, Rita Sahaidak-Nikitiuk, Natalia Demchenko, Natalia Alеkhina
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our journal abides by the Creative Commons CC BY copyright rights and permissions for open access journals.