About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Social Work and Education is a quaterly international academic open access journal published in print and online versions by Centre of Social Development and Innovations and Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatyuk National Pedagogical University, dedicated to advancing analysis of the theory and practice of social work, social care, social welfare, social work education and social politics at all levels. It presents a forum for international debate on important issues and provides an opportunity for the expression of new ideas and proposals on the structure and content of social work, social care, social welfare and social work education, training and development.
In this way, the journal makes a vital contribution to the development of social work and social work educational theory and practice in relation to social work and social care, social welfare, social politics promoting a set of standards in relation to the written presentation of ideas and experience which reflects the needs and requirements of both practice and education.
Peer Review Process
Manuscripts are considered in English and Ukrainian.
Manuscripts are submitted in electronic form only. Paper versions are NOT considered. The manuscript should be saved as *.doc or *.rtf file. The submission should be made to the Online Submission (top menu: About >> Submissions >> Online submission). All components of the manuscript materials are expected to be submitted in one file if the extensions specified above allow this.
Authors are welcome to contact the editors about the idea of the intended paper before the preparation of the full text.
Stages of Peer Review Process
1. The submitted manuscripts will initially be reviewed by the editors to confirm that they are within the scope of the journal and generally meet its requirements. This usually occurs within one week.
2. All articles submitted for review are checked for anti-plagiarism, using the appropriate software (https://unicheck.com/uk-ua).
3. The submitted papers will be sent to at least two external experts in the field with the aim of reaching a first decision within three months of submission to the journal. The review is double blind: neither the authors nor the reviewers are identified.
Reviewers' comments will be reported to the authors with possible recommendations to revise the manuscript. The reviewer’s form contains the following statements:
- Accept outright
- Accept with minor revisions
- Revise and resubmit
- Reject outright
4. If the reviewer indicates the need to make certain corrections to the article, the article is sent to the author with a proposal to take the comments into account when preparing an updated version of the article or to refute them with arguments. To the revised article, the author adds a letter that contains answers to all comments and explains all the changes that were made to the article. The corrected version is re-submitted to the reviewer for making a decision and preparing a motivated conclusion about the possibility of publication.
5. The editor-in-chief will inform the author whether the paper is accepted without revision, allowed an opportunity to revise and resubmit, or rejected.
The editorial policy
The editorial policy of the scientific journal «Social Work and Education» focused on ethical norms accepted by the international scientific community.
The activities of the editorial board in this area is based on the recommendations of the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE), as well as valuable experience in reputab le international journals and publishing houses.
An important condition for the adoption of articles for publication is the availability of new original research results that had previously never been published.
If the material has been previously published, the author must provide the wording of bibliographic references of previous publications and relevance of publications to justify a new version, explaining the nature of additions and changes made to the latest version of the article.
Any controversial issues (financial, academic, personal) are carefully considered by the members of editorial board. If is confirmed any suspicions related to the possible plagiarism or falsification of results, the paper implicitly will be rejected.
The scientific journal allows authors to retain copyright without restriction.
All relationships on publishing ethics that arise between the authors and the editorial board of the journal and are not regulated by this document, generally regulated by international standards COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).
Open Access Policy
"Social Work and Education" is an open access journal. All articles are free for users to access, read, download, and print. By "open access", we mean free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles or use them for any other lawful purpose.
Copyright and publishing rights policy
You are free to: share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format), adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially).
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
No additional restrictions— You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits
All individuals who contributed to the presented research but do not meet the criteria for authorship should be acknowledged in the Acknowledgments section. Examples of individuals who may be thanked include those who provided technical assistance, helped with the writing of the text. Thanks are also expressed to the heads of the department or department who provided general support.
The publication of articles, printed version of the journal and journal shipping are funded by the author of the article.