CONSERVATIVE EFFECT ON INCOME MANAGEMENT AND CAPITAL STRUCTURE OF LISTED COMPANIES IN TEHRAN STOCK EXCHANGE
Abstract. In this research, the conservative effect on income management and capital structure of listed companies in Tehran Stock Exchange has been studied. The statistical population consists of all companies registered in Tehran Stock Exchange during the period of 1384-1394. The research method is descriptive-survey and correlation type. The sample size is 120 companies based on the Cochran formula. Required data was extracted from the software. The data panel was used to analyze the data. Chow model, Hausman and combined regression were used. The results of the test, including 51 companies listed on the Tehran Stock Exchange during the years 2005 to 1394, showed that the .profits and capital structure of the companies listed on the Tehran Stock Exchange had a positive effect
Keyword: Conservatism, Profit, Capital, Tehran Stock Exchange, Cochran formula.
- Conservatism in Accounting, Ross L. Watts William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration
University of Rochester Rochester, NY 14627
- The conservatism principle and the asymmetric timeliness of earnings 1 Sudipta Basu* Department of
Accountancy, Baruch College, CUNY, 17 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 1001~ Received 1 May 1995; received
in revised form 1 June 1997.
- OECD 1999
- Jacquillat B (2002) Les maillons faibles de la gouvernance. Sociétal 62-67
- Accounting Conservatism and Corporate Performance: The Moderating Effect of the Board of Directors Affes H
and Sardouk H* Faculty of Economics and Management of Sfax, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Iatridis,G .2011. Accounting disclosures, accounting quality and conditional and unconditional conservatism.
International Review of Financial Analysis . 20(2)(Apr):88-96.
--Healy ,P ,(1999)."The Effect Of Bonus Schemes on Accounting Decision". Journal of Accounting and Economics
- Rankine, G., Stice, E.K., 1997a. Accounting rules and the signaling properties of 20 percent stock dividends.
Accounting Review 72,23–46.
- Wilson, Mark., and Wu, Yi. (2011). "Do Publicly Signalled EarningManagement Incentivies Affect Analyst
Forecast Accuracy"? Abacus, Vol. 47, No. 3, 315-342.
- Maximiliaan Willem Pierre Thijssen, George Emmanuel Iatridis;Conditional conservatism and value relevance of
financial reporting: A study in view of converging accounting standards;Original Research Article Journal of
Multinational Financial Management, Volumes 37–38, December 2016, Pages 48-70.
- Panayotis Manganaris, Charalambos Spathis, Apostolos Dasilas;The effects of mandatory IFRS adoption and
conditional conservatism on European bank values;Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and
Taxation, Volume 24, 2015, Pages 72-81.
- Callen, J.L., and D. Segal. ( 2010). A Variance Decomposition Primer for Accounting Research.Journal of
Accounting, Auditing & Finance25 (1): 121–142.
- Zang, A. Y.(2012). Evidence on the trade off between real activities manipulation and accrualbasedearnings
management.The Accounting Review87 (2): 675-703.
- Zhang, J.(2008). The contracting benefits of accounting conservatism to lenders and borrowers.Journal of
-20- Al-Dhamari, R. Ismail. K. (2013). Relationship of corporate governance mechanisms to earnings management
or earnings informativeness, ASIAN ACADEMY of MANAGEMENT