Research into recycling of nickelcobaltcontaining metallurgical wastes by the ecologicallysafe technique of hydrogen reduction
Keywords:scale, precision alloy, hydrogen reduction, phase analysis, microstructure, resource saving, alloying
We studied kinetic patterns of hydrogen reduction of the scale of a nickel-cobalt containing precision alloy at a temperature of 673‒1573 K over a period from 0 to 180 minutes. The highest degree of reduction was achieved after thermal treatment at 1273 K – 99 %. This is predetermined by the intensification of reduction processes and a sufficient level of porosity, which ensures satisfactory gas exchange. It was discovered that the starting scale consists mainly of Fe3O4, Fe2O3 and FeO with atoms substituting their alloying elements. The target product of metallization had a sponge-like microstructure and consisted mainly of the solid solution of Co and Ni atoms in γ-Fe and the residual non-reduced Fe3O4 and FeO. The resulting phases had no noticeable susceptibility to sublimation.This has ensured a reduction in the losses of alloying elements while receiving and using the highly-alloyed metallized scale, which was confirmed by experimental- industrial tests. At the same time, recycling of industrial wastes contributes to a reduction in the technogenic intensity of industrial regions and improves ecological safety of the environment
- Yuzov, O. V., Sedyh, A. M. (2017). Tendentsii razvitiya mirovogo rynka stali. Stal', 2, 60–67.
- Kolesnikov, A. S., Nazarbekova, S. P., Baibolov, K. S., Dzholdasova, Sh. A. (2017). Thermodynamic Simulation of Chemical and Phase Transformations in the Fe2O3–NiO–CoO–C System. Izvestiya Vuzov Tsvetnaya Metallurgiya (Proceedings of Higher Schools Nonferrous Metallurgy), 3, 37–44. doi: 10.17073/0021-3438-2017-3-37-44
- Ryabchikov, I. V., Belov, B. F., Mizin, V. G. (2014). Reactions of metal oxides with carbon. Steel in Translation, 44 (5), 368–373. doi: 10.3103/s0967091214050118
- Mechachti, S., Benchiheub, O., Serrai, S., Shalabi, M. (2013). Preparation of iron Powders by Reduction of Rolling Mill Scale. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 4 (5), 1467–1472.
- Petrishchev, A. S. (2012). Termodinamicheskoe ravnovesie v sisteme So–O–S primenitel'no k metallizatsiy kobal'tosoderzhashchego oksidnogo syr'ya. Novi materialy i tekhnolohiy v metalurhiy ta mashynobuduvanni, 2, 134–138.
- Molotilov, B. V., Galkin, M. P., Kornienkov, B. A. (2016). Design of new precision alloys. Steel in Translation, 46 (9), 675–678. doi: 10.3103/s0967091216090060
- Saunin, V. N., Telegin, S. V. (2014). Issledovaniya ferromagnitnyh poroshkov i pokrytiy na ih osnove. Vestnik Sibirskogo gosudarstvennogo aerokosmicheskogo universiteta imeni akademika M. F. Reshetneva, 1, 72–75.
- Kovalov, A. M., Petryshchev, A. S., Hryhorev, S. M. (2010). Analiz termodynamichnoi rivnovahy v systemi Ni–Co–O–C–H stosovno tekhnolohiy metalizatsiy metalooksydnykh tekhnohennykh vidkhodiv pretsyziynykh splaviv typu NK. Naukovi pratsi Donetskoho natsionalnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu. Ser.: Metalurhiya, 12, 7–15.
- Manukyan, K. V., Avetisyan, A. G., Shuck, C. E., Chatilyan, H. A., Rouvimov, S., Kharatyan, S. L., Mukasyan, A. S. (2015). Nickel Oxide Reduction by Hydrogen: Kinetics and Structural Transformations. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 119 (28), 16131–16138. doi: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.5b04313
- Teplov, O. A., Lainer, Y. A. (2013). Rate of the reduction of the iron oxides in red mud by hydrogen and converted gas. Russian Metallurgy (Metally), 2013 (1), 25–32. doi: 10.1134/s003602951301014x
- Vnukov, O., Golovachov, A., Bila, O. (2016). Influence of rolling scale processing parameters on morphology of reduced iron powder particles. Influence of rolling scale processing parameters on morphology of reduced iron powder particles, 6 (1 (32)), 4–8. doi: 10.15587/2312-8372.2016.85866
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Stanislav Hryhoriev, Artem Petryshchev, Ganna Shyshkanova, Tetyana Zaytseva, Oleksandr Frydman, Olga Sergienko, Andrii Ivancheko, Elena Usenko, Olga Berezhnaya, Andrii Semenchuk
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.