Devising a method for the automated calculation of train formation plan by employing genetic algorithms
Keywords:plan of train formation, accumulation parameter, stochastic-combinatorial optimization, genetic algorithm
AbstractWe devised a method for calculating the plan of formation of single-group freight trains, which is based on the use of genetic algorithms as the optimization method. Development of the method is predetermined by the need to improve accuracy in calculations and quality of making management decisions in the area of organization of railcar traffic under modern conditions. A mathematical model is constructed that uses accumulation parameters as stochastic variables. This will make it possible to find the most rational variant of the plan for train formation. The simulation we performed demonstrated effectiveness of the method devised. The method developed demonstrated improved accuracy of about 3 per cent relative to the classical analytical methods. The method makes it possible to consider the limitations on the throughput and processing capacity of technical stations and throughput capacity of the sections. This method uses parameters of accumulation as stochastic variable that makes it possible to find a more efficient variant of the plan for train formation. These capabilities allow us to consider a possibility of applying this method as a basis for building an integrated automated system for managing railcar traffic, which will bring together the tasks of strategic and operational planning at the new qualitative level. Creating such a system, in turn, might provide opportunities for strengthening the systems effect, reducing downtime of railcars, increasing profitability and competitiveness of freight rail transport.
- Mazurenko, O. O. (2010). Vyznachennja harakteru nadhodzhennja vagoniv na okremi pryznachennja planu formuvannja. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac' UkrDAZT, 113, 128–134.
- Chernec'ka-Bilec'ka, N. B., O. V. Shepit'ko, A. V. Rjabchykov (2015). Analiz shljahiv udoskonalennja systemy organizacii' vagonopotokiv. Visnyk Shidnoukrai'ns'kogo nacional'nogo universytetu imeni Volodymyra Dalja, 1, 185–188.
- Doroshko, S. V. (2010). Adaptivnaja sistema organizacii vagonopotokov. Visnyk DNUZTu, 34, 39–45.
- Papahov, A. Ju., Logvinova, N. A. (2016). Matematicheskaja model' rascheta plana formirovanija odnogruppnyh skvoznyh poezdov s ispol'zovaniem teorii mnozhestv. Elektryfikacija transportu, 11, 93–99.
- Kuzhel', A. L., Shapkin, I. N., Vdovin, A. N. (2011). Informacionno-analiticheskie tehnologii operativnoj korrektirovki i kontrolja vypolnenija plana formirovanija poezdov. Zh.-d. transp, 7, 13–20.
- Yaghini, M., Seyedabadi, M., Khoshraftar, M. M. (2012). A population-based algorithm for the railroad blocking problem. Journal of Industrial Engineering International, 8 (1), 8. doi: 10.1186/2251-712x-8-8
- Chouman, M., Crainic, T. G. (2010). An MIP-Tabu search hybrid framework for multicommodity capacitated fixed-charge network design. CRT, CIRRELT, Université de Montréal, 14.
- Kreuger, P., Aronsson, M. (2007). Railyard Shunting: A Challenge for Combinatorial Optimisation. ERCIM News, 68, 23–25.
- Prohorchenko, A. V., Korzhenivs'kyj, L. V. (2008). Udoskonalennja tehnologii' koreguvannja planu formuvannja poi'zdiv na osnovi pogodzhenoi' organizacii' grupovyh poi'zdiv operatyvnogo pryznachennja. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6 (6 (36)), 37–40. Available at: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/old_jrn/natural/Vejpt/2008_6_6/EEJET_6_6_2008_37-40.pdf
- Butko, T. V., Prokhorchenko, A. V., Kyman, A. (2015). Formalization of the technology of arranging tactical group trains. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4 (3 (76)), 38–43. doi: 10.15587/1729-4061.2015.47886
- Panchenko, S. V., Butko, T. V., Prokhorchenko, A. V., Parkhomenko, L. O. (2016). Formation of an automated traffic capacity calculation system of rail networks for freight flows of mining and smelting enterprises. Natsional'nyi Hirnychyi Universytet. Naukovyi Visnyk, 2, 93–98.
- Zagljadimov, D. P., Petrov, A. P., Sergeev, E. S. et. al. (1978). Organizacija dvizhenija na zheleznodorozhnom transporte. Moscow: Transport, 352.
- Kudrjavcev, V. A. (2004). Sposob rascheta plana formirovanija odnogruppnyh poezdov. Zh.-d. transp, 5, 46–50.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Tetiana Butko, Viktor Prokhorov, Denys Chekhunov
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The consolidation and conditions for the transfer of copyright (identification of authorship) is carried out in the License Agreement. In particular, the authors reserve the right to the authorship of their manuscript and transfer the first publication of this work to the journal under the terms of the Creative Commons CC BY license. At the same time, they have the right to conclude on their own additional agreements concerning the non-exclusive distribution of the work in the form in which it was published by this journal, but provided that the link to the first publication of the article in this journal is preserved.
A license agreement is a document in which the author warrants that he/she owns all copyright for the work (manuscript, article, etc.).
The authors, signing the License Agreement with PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER, have all rights to the further use of their work, provided that they link to our edition in which the work was published.
According to the terms of the License Agreement, the Publisher PC TECHNOLOGY CENTER does not take away your copyrights and receives permission from the authors to use and dissemination of the publication through the world's scientific resources (own electronic resources, scientometric databases, repositories, libraries, etc.).
In the absence of a signed License Agreement or in the absence of this agreement of identifiers allowing to identify the identity of the author, the editors have no right to work with the manuscript.
It is important to remember that there is another type of agreement between authors and publishers – when copyright is transferred from the authors to the publisher. In this case, the authors lose ownership of their work and may not use it in any way.